Login

russian armor

vs sniperspam as us

30 Mar 2014, 19:16 PM

ok guys, really need some good input on this one...
lately I've been struggling the most vs wehr snipers...2 or even 3...I tried literally everything...
1. jeep? Forget it, faust and it's gone.
2. 4 barred rifles with flamers blob charge? Nope, good player will lure you into mines/mg...trust me you can't catch them if they are microed properly.
3. M8? By that time he has stug/pak out...
4. Tried Strafe/arty...doesn't do shit
5. Tried my own sniper and CS...my US sniper ALWAYS misses wehr's sniper on the move...just silly
6. Tried SMG rangers and hunt them down but didn't know those guys don't wanna shoot while moving but have to stand still so didn't work out as planned...

Really want to know how you guys handle this
30 Mar 2014, 19:19 PM

m8 best bet,but its hard that for sure or ur own sniper nothing else
30 Mar 2014, 19:24 PM

my own sniper always failed horribly mate...
m8 probably a better bet I guess...
30 Mar 2014, 19:32 PM

1v1 or 2v2 ? derp

But from what you're saying, I think you need to practice flank and global macro.
If your opponent can sniperspamm and have stug when you get your m8, you have a real map control problem.
30 Mar 2014, 19:40 PM

I have always countered snipers with Jeeps...(1, preferably 2 jeeps). It is the easily way to locate them. 2 Jeeps (440 MP) is enough to kill one sniper very quickly even if they are running away.

You can also use M8 or T17 but Jeep is cheaper & faster.
30 Mar 2014, 20:13 PM

I have always countered snipers with Jeeps...(1, preferably 2 jeeps). It is the easily way to locate them. 2 Jeeps (440 MP) is enough to kill one sniper very quickly even if they are running away.

You can also use M8 or T17 but Jeep is cheaper & faster.

I wouldn't do that.
30 Mar 2014, 20:28 PM

pepsi: 1v1
my flanks are not terrible but good wehr player will have mines around snipers and mg/volks to back up...
30 Mar 2014, 21:59 PM

If you put a split frontal + right + left flank, no axie (with the actual players' database) can handle it.
I'm not a big fan of getting a us sniper for countersnipe measures as if you lose it, you're pretty much dead.
31 Mar 2014, 00:01 AM

Try not to let him set up strong defense in the first place. If you can do that rifles and flame engin is enough to handle them: drop off map arty on the MG and flank those snipers.

In case his position is all set, go cap elsewhere, put some mines down, get M8 out as fast as you can and go Armor right hand side or go WSC for countersniping.

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2014, 21:59 PMPepsi

I'm not a big fan of getting a us sniper for countersnipe measures as if you lose it, you're pretty much dead.

You're right, but if you can't win fast then an US sniper is pretty much required for you to hang onto the game, except if you go Armor.

31 Mar 2014, 08:08 AM

Option 1: do not engage directly, get m8 (think of it as your own manpower drainer, not a counter) and harass him all around the map, force the snipers to come into a position where you can flank (practice calculating retreat paths)

Option 2 (the easier one): get snipers of your own and go right hand side air for recon run.
31 Mar 2014, 09:09 AM

Option 1: do not engage directly, get m8 (think of it as your own manpower drainer, not a counter) and harass him all around the map, force the snipers to come into a position where you can flank (practice calculating retreat paths)

Option 2 (the easier one): get snipers of your own and go right hand side air for recon run.

guderian tnx for the reply.

I tried option 2 multiple times and my sniper ALWAYS misfired and missed...yes, even if he was standing still and in cover so I'm not a big fan of going sniper cause when U miss your enemy knows you have a sniper and will:
- play more cautiously with his own snipers
- build a bike to try to CS your sniper(s)
- build a puma

So obviously, I'll have to play less agressive and go for m8 and "hope" to kill them somehow...
p.s. I'm not talking about 1 or 2 sniper, usually it's 3 or even 4 and they put such a manpower drain (and psychological effect) on you that it's not even funny...forget about going sherman, you will not have enough MP...
31 Mar 2014, 09:29 AM

Truth is that against very high skilled player whermacht sniper spam is very hard to play against(remember Barton snipers).
Playing passive not trying to attack early on those snipers because that is huge man power drain,he have less capping units u cap around wait for m8 and then play whit ur m8.His infranty is not so strong too because those players usually vet supportr units so i Think u benefit more by infranty vet later snipers artillery after.
I think be patience is the key dont lose ur head
31 Mar 2014, 09:33 AM

or if u want to take a risk 4 rifles and then bars pops up in perfect moment while u flanking him from 4 directions u win or lose in that flank
31 Mar 2014, 10:03 AM

I'm not talking about 1 or 2 sniper, usually it's 3 or even 4 and they put such a manpower drain (and psychological effect) on you that it's not even funny...forget about going sherman, you will not have enough MP...

That's what I feared..
If your opponent can set a strat with 3/4 snipers in 1v1s, you're doing something wrong in early game. By the time he gets the 4 snipers, you should really be ahead..

Going straight 4 snipers in 2v2s is almost viable but in 1v1s it's not.. Let's say that your opponent goes 2 volks 1 mg and 4 snipers (whatever the build order)... that's a fucking lot of mp invested on T1, you can easily come with 2 m8 by the time he will get his first pak..
31 Mar 2014, 10:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2014, 10:03 AMPepsi

That's what I feared..
If your opponent can set a strat with 3/4 snipers in 1v1s, you're doing something wrong in early game. By the time he gets the 4 snipers, you should really be ahead..

Going straight 4 snipers in 2v2s is almost viable but in 1v1s it's not.. Let's say that your opponent goes 2 volks 1 mg and 4 snipers (whatever the build order)... that's a fucking lot of mp invested on T1, you can easily come with 2 m8 by the time he will get his first pak..

yeah it was similar, it vas v mg s s then tech to t3. (I went bars + triage with 4 rifles). By the time I got my m8 out (smelled sniper spam) his stug was out. Then he built 2 more snipers, vetted them and all I did was bleed mp.

But will try to play a bit more passive next time I see sniper spam till my m8 comes out, then try to kill those little nazi fuckers :D
31 Mar 2014, 13:58 PM

If you don't have advantage early game then you should get M8 first, not bars, it'll slow down your tech considerably and leave you vulnerable to MG lock down with snipers, and later Axis armor.

31 Mar 2014, 14:31 PM

^
Yep, that is what the M8 is for..M8s+ At gun should do nicely. No Bars or other fuel cost upgrades. Maybe not even the triage center.

Stall the Stug IV with the AT gun + infantry, and then use the M8 to scout for snipers or keep pumas away.

I have fought sniper spams before, I use the Jeep first (early game) and then use the M8.
31 Mar 2014, 16:28 PM

yeah it was similar, it vas v mg s s then tech to t3. (I went bars + triage with 4 rifles). By the time I got my m8 out (smelled sniper spam) his stug was out. Then he built 2 more snipers, vetted them and all I did was bleed mp.

By the time you have 3 rifles out, he will only have an MG and a volk with this build- even accounting for mines, there is very little to stop a flank at this point.

Sniper heavy T1's go one of two ways; either he camps right next to his own base and tries to lure you in or he tries a standard playstyle, just with lots of snipers.

In the first instance, don't bother flanking him because if he's only 1 or 2 sectors outside his own base, you won't be able to get around him sufficiently and his short retreat path means that the best scenario you can hope for is taking a load of damage yourself, just to force him off the map for 30 seconds or so. Instead, take advantage of the fact that you will have drastically superior map control and build up your support army- an M8 to keep him in T2, then sniperspam yourself with an eventual howi to turn his infantry-centric build. It's boring but effective.

In the second instance, if he tries to expand early, then it's simply a case of being aggressive with your flanks. With a build like V MG S S S he has almost no flank-stopping capability besides mines and you will outnumber him for the entire length of the T1: when he has 2 units, you'll have 3. When he has 3 units, you'll have 4, etc (not including engineers, assuming you go for a 2e opening).

You say that you 'always' seem to misfire/miss his snipers if you go WSC first but statistically this is unlikely. You might miss your first shot, but it's not the end of the world. If nothing else, you force him to switch to a much more passive mode with his own snipers instead of just A-moving all over the map, and now your flanks have gained a lot more potency. If he's -very- good, he'll be able to keep hitting that sweet spot where he's firing at the optimum level between damage output and risk to his own snipers. But honestly, those sorts of players are few and far between, and even if that is the case, you'll be able to hurt him in other ways- like artillery.
31 Mar 2014, 16:50 PM

Airborne Doc and WSC.
You should have more map than him due to more infantry capping the map. Get a WSC and a sniper or two and spam recon runs. He should be scared getting the snipers in the open without shock blockers to protect them and therefore it should nullify there effectiveness. You constantly know where his snipers are due to RR and he doesn't know where yours are.
You'll be able to hold your early map control and when you can force a retreat strafe the snipers next to the HQ for extra damage.
At least this usually works for me...
31 Mar 2014, 17:00 PM

Tommy: finally! Thanks man, that's the advice I was looking for, precise as is suited for wehr player of your caliber ;)
now I know exactly what to do next time I see this nonsense ;)
Dave Tank: tnx to you too, mate!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS