Login

russian armor

Do you think this patch is balanced?

30 Mar 2014, 17:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2014, 17:34 PMAbdul

yes the rifle nade has become really strong after the patch from what I can tell. It's very common for a gren to force retreat a maxim with it.

As opposed to the oorah and a molotov against an MG. Come on, there are problems with the soviet faction but these complaints are getting more and more ludicrous by the day.
30 Mar 2014, 17:35 PM

There should be a tutorial on how to make fair and balanced polls, offering options for everyone. So far I have seen mostly biased polls on this site.

This applies to both Soviet and Ostheer fanboys.

30 Mar 2014, 17:37 PM

What has happened to the balance :( It was pretty nice before. As if germans needed more reasons to spam Grens.

Using M3s is really a gamble against mass grens, and when you lose one the manpower drain is really bad now, they felt dispoasable to an extent before, as long as you didnt get too many.
30 Mar 2014, 17:38 PM

There should be a tutorial on how to make fair and balanced polls, offering options for everyone. So far I have seen mostly biased polls on this site.

I am simply addressing a general issue for this patch relating to the Soviets because after 20 hours of doing 1s and 2s as the Soviets mainly it's become a pain in the ass and caused me to become bored of the game because of how imba things have ended up being. I have tried pretty much every strat in the book, gone behind cover, even tried blobbing(which I hate). And the results were pretty mind-boggling. You're pretty limited as to what you must do this patch as the Soviets. So for those numb-nuts saying "VON JUST HASN'T ADAPTED YET!". Yes I have, go play the Soviet faction in 1v1 and 2v2 for 20 hours straight trying every doc/strat in the book you think is effective this patch while playing someone of the same skill level, then come back and complain. Point and blank.
30 Mar 2014, 17:39 PM

So VonIvan is biased?Good to know =)
30 Mar 2014, 17:41 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

As opposed to the oorah and a molotov against an MG. Come on, there are problems with the soviet faction but these complaints are getting more and more ludicrous by the day.

In a 1 con vs 1 mg you can suppress the con before he throws a molotv and then back up your mg42 a bit. A maxim will always eat a rifle nade which deals significantly more damage than a molotov.
30 Mar 2014, 17:41 PM

Agreed, both polls ask such a loaded question I thought it was election season.
30 Mar 2014, 17:44 PM

Agreed, both polls ask such a loaded question I thought it was election season.

LOL now thats funny.
30 Mar 2014, 17:47 PM

For those people saying this poll is biased, please go make your own polls. No need to get off topic and discuss how one should make the "perfect un-biased" poll. Back on topic please:
-Voice your opinion on the issue, or go whine somewhere else about the poll. I want constructive feedback for Relic, not whining.
-I would greatly appreciate it if mods could cleanup this thread if people are trying to de-rail the topic at hand.
30 Mar 2014, 17:50 PM

I like the new assymetrical balance of long-range grens vs cons and penals.

The problem is grens are too effective at long range. So my brief list:

1) Slightly nerf long-range gren damage so cons have a chance OR increase default Molotov range. Can't do both, or Sov will be totally OP again.
3) Increase M3 long-range DPS and nerf the close range if you want. I really have been trying to use it at range. IT DOES NOT WORK, like that guy's video shows it does no damage at max range and any closer, it gets eaten alive by pios or faust.

After that we can look at LMG and G43 efficiency once vetted. I don't think they are a big deal unvetted, but vet 2 is atrocious.

I, for one, welcome our new assault pios. They really are fine and add a skill level to the game. Not like it's that hard to hurrah away from them or find some cover if some snot-nosed brat is closing with them.
30 Mar 2014, 17:52 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I voted "no," but I strongly disagree with your first point that cons "need" to be even with grens. Didn't read the rest after that one.
30 Mar 2014, 17:53 PM

I like the new assymetrical balance of long-range grens vs cons and penals.

The problem is grens are too effective at long range. So my brief list:

1) Slightly nerf long-range gren damage so cons have a chance OR increase default Molotov range. Can't do both, or Sov will be totally OP again.
3) Increase M3 long-range DPS and nerf the close range if you want. I really have been trying to use it at range. IT DOES NOT WORK, like that guy's video shows it does no damage at max range and any closer, it gets eaten alive by pios or faust.

After that we can look at LMG and G43 efficiency once vetted. I don't think they are a big deal unvetted, but vet 2 is atrocious.

Or if not buffing the conscriptsm they should be a bit cheaper, around 210mp to better reflect their role and some better veterancy could help them.
30 Mar 2014, 17:54 PM

Or if not buffing the conscripts, they should be a bit cheaper, around 210mp to better reflect their role and some better veterancy could help them.
30 Mar 2014, 17:54 PM

I voted no, but conscripts and CE should not be equal. I support the idea of making conscripts cheaper. And makes sense too.
30 Mar 2014, 17:55 PM

Or if not buffing the conscriptsm they should be a bit cheaper, around 210mp to better reflect their role and some better veterancy could help them.

That's not a bad idea. (Just so for those hating con/gren spam can be appeased by the effort for more combined arms)
30 Mar 2014, 17:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2014, 17:54 PMBurts
I voted no, but conscripts and CE should not be equal. I support the idea of making conscripts cheaper. And makes sense too.

Yeah, I can get behind that as well.
30 Mar 2014, 17:58 PM

Another poll for those feeling this one doesn't have enough options:
http://www.coh2.org/topic/15794/new-patch-balance/
30 Mar 2014, 18:05 PM

I like the idea of Cheaper conscripts. I would also like to see Penals fill the role of Long Range firepower. What was wrong with them last patch other than they were overpriced and under performing?

Penals and STs would be combined Arms one short and one Long range. Instead of the overlap you get with Penals right now. Plus the SVT as a medium close range weapon? Thats just crazy talk. Unless of course they wanted the G43 to work EXACTLY the same way.
30 Mar 2014, 18:07 PM

I voted "no," but I strongly disagree with your first point that cons "need" to be even with grens. Didn't read the rest after that one.

Why wouldn't they be equal,isn't that the point in balance?
30 Mar 2014, 18:09 PM

Why wouldn't they be equal,isn't that the point in balance?

Because then only RNG would matter.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS