Login

russian armor

What the .... is up with the germans ?

PAGES (12)down
30 Mar 2014, 15:14 PM

Please explain me how I can prevent getting barraged by mortar half tracks on lets's say Crossing in the Woods using truesight? I mean, I just can't hide all day all night, you must capture important points. :/

Crossing in the woods is a German favoured map (at least in the early game), no doubt about that. But what about Stalingrad? Or are you going to find some way to whine your way out of that?
30 Mar 2014, 15:14 PM

Permanently Banned
Grens drop like flies this patch lol

I agree, if you don't you cover, Grens die fast. Which is ok imho because they have Range Advantage, really strong rifle nade and a ranged Panzerfaust without the need of teching.
30 Mar 2014, 15:20 PM

30 Mar 2014, 15:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2014, 14:56 PMbuckers

very lovely chat log :thumb:
30 Mar 2014, 15:29 PM

Permanently Banned

Crossing in the woods is a German favoured map (at least in the early game), no doubt about that. But what about Stalingrad? Or are you going to find some way to whine your way out of that?

On Stalingrad, you have at least some opportunities to do flanking maneuveurs, no doubt.
But I don't believe that imputing people whining is not really productive for the communication in our community so let's stay on an objective point for the discussion here! :)
But I still have no answer on things like "Flanking, oorah etc." . I examined my thoughts on this, would be nice to hear more opinions! :)

5thSSPzWiking: There are 2 possibilites: Either you join the discussion in a productive and objective way (with posts including more than two words...) or you just do sth else :)
30 Mar 2014, 15:31 PM

On Stalingrad, you Oorah, smoke, and flank your way upto a MG42, only to run into a pioneersquad around a corner. Forcing you to retreat.
30 Mar 2014, 15:31 PM

ok here is my productive contribute to your "nerf germans i cant micro" thread:

L2P
30 Mar 2014, 15:32 PM

Permanently Banned
On Stalingrad, you Oorah, smoke, and flank your way upto a MG42, only to run into a pioneersquad around a corner. Forcing you to retreat.

+1

People (especially those who favor the germans) just seem to forget that a MG is protected almost every time with additional units :(
raw
30 Mar 2014, 15:34 PM

ok here is my productive contribute to your "nerf germans i cant micro" thread:

L2P

That's why I am playing Soviet right now, because as Ostheer you're definitely not learning how to play.
30 Mar 2014, 15:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2014, 15:34 PMraw

That's why I am playing Soviet right now, because as Ostheer you're definitely not learning how to play.

no you are playing sovs because you are a soviet fanboy.
30 Mar 2014, 15:37 PM

With the assault package and molotovs you should really have no problem at all, and if you are I want to see the replay.

On Stalingrad, you have at least some opportunities to do flanking maneuveurs, no doubt.
But I don't believe that imputing people whining is not really productive for the communication in our community so let's stay on an objective point for the discussion here! :)

Fair enough, I apologise.
30 Mar 2014, 15:38 PM

Permanently Banned
So you are a German Fanboy because you play the Germans? That is a really good argument! Cudos to you. :)

Let's just ignore this troll and keep on discussing on a productive level. I hope some of the Mods will take care of this guy.

Anyways, I have faith in Relic that they try to get a patch on soon to fix the obvious disbalance and needed effort between the Ostheer (not much effort needed) and Sovjets (hard effort needed to come equal to Ost) :)

Glad to see an apologize! :) thought you'd belong to some of the trolls -_-
30 Mar 2014, 15:43 PM

+1

People (especially those who favor the germans) just seem to forget that a MG is protected almost every time with additional units :(

Then again, if your enemy is bunkered down somewhere with an MG, and a gren squad cowering it, he probably will have a verry thin presence everywhere else. Not saying its perfect, but the germans inability to use MGs, and have a great field presence, really is a huge weakness that I think most good players will use to its fullest. That your consquad cant win an engagement against an outflanked MG, and a grensquad seems reasonable to me. I think grenspam is more of a problem that might need to some atention.
30 Mar 2014, 15:48 PM

If you think Soviets are balanced this patch please play the faction for a couple games, especially in 2v2. THEN you have the right to debate.
30 Mar 2014, 15:51 PM

Permanently Banned

Then again, if your enemy is bunkered down somewhere with an MG, and a gren squad cowering it, he probably will have a verry thin presence everywhere else. Not saying its perfect, but the germans inability to use MGs, and have a great field presence, really is a huge weakness that I think most good players will use to its fullest. That your consquad cant win an engagement against an outflanked MG, and a grensquad seems reasonable to me. I think grenspam is more of a problem that might need to some atention.

I agree with you, but the problem is the german player will try to cap points on the other side of the map with a pioneer squad. But to fight these pioneers, you also have to put in much effort. So I think that you just can't play out your advantage there, because you need at least 2 units (speaking about early game) to fight the pioneers there.
raw
30 Mar 2014, 15:52 PM

no you are playing sovs because you are a soviet fanboy.

30 Mar 2014, 15:54 PM

I agree with you, but the problem is the german player will try to cap points on the other side of the map with a pioneer squad. But to fight these pioneers, you also have to put in much effort. So I think that you just can't play out your advantage there, because you need at least 2 units (speaking about early game) to fight the pioneers there.

Good point, and ceirtanily something they need to have a closer look at. Hopefully something they will fix shortly.
30 Mar 2014, 15:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2014, 15:48 PMVonIvan
If you think Soviets are balanced this patch please play the faction for a couple games, especially in 2v2. THEN you have the right to debate.

Look at my post history, where did I say the soviets are balanced? I'm just countering some of the ridiculous hyperbole I see from the more hysterical soviet players.

I can speak to 1v1 soviets i.e. what soviet units/tactics hurt me most as a german player, but 2v2 I've never played and never comment on.
30 Mar 2014, 15:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2014, 15:26 PMPorygon

very lovely chat log :thumb:

I really love this guy,
they said M3 suck, they said :P
30 Mar 2014, 15:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2014, 15:48 PMVonIvan

maybe it's because Gren superiority is even higher in 2v2
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 47
unknown 11

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %