Login

russian armor

Tank destroyers or Tanks for USA?

28 Mar 2014, 14:09 PM

As far as fuel goes, you can buy 3 tank destroyers shortly before you can afford 2 Shermans with no 75mm upgrade.

When do you buy the m10/m18 or Sherman as your first armor during matches?

Do you prefer tanks or tank destroyers?

or do you buy both: 1 tank, 1 TD, etc. based on perceived need..
28 Mar 2014, 14:42 PM

When do you buy the m10/m18 or Sherman as your first armor during matches?

you have a lot of possibilities.... :
  • your opponent has a heavy T1 T2 strat (aka volks, grens, mgs, mortar, vet2 inf) BUT you still manage to get a high fuel income => you go bars + sherman, or sherman + bars, or double shermans, or sherman + arty.
  • your opponent has a T1 T2 T3 to puma then stug strat and you still have fuel income => you go m10/18 to bars
  • you can win/lose a game without even concidering to get a T4 tech.
28 Mar 2014, 15:20 PM

I was fighting pumas yesterday with 1 x Sherman 75 and I found it was disappointingly ineffective!
28 Mar 2014, 15:31 PM

Yes, Puma spam with vet is dangerous if uses right, sherman and AT gun just does not cut it sometimes that's when you really need M10/M18 (M18 is best for this role).
29 Mar 2014, 03:09 AM

^
yeah, the puma/stug spam + stuH if Blitz is used. The Sherman 75's shots just bounce off the stugs frontal armor so sticky bombs need to be used. It also bounces off the puma's front more than I expected..

---

As far as the m18 goes, I find that it tends to glitch! I've lost m18s when they got stuck somewhere in the map. Also, they aren't very responsive to orders sometimes and move strangely. The m10 doesn't glitch like this.

So overall, I have had better luck with using M10 Tank destroyer, infantry company munitions artillery strike, and Bar rifleman + mortar than Shermans. More armor > less armor even though the Sherman is a better infantry killer than 1.5 M10s.

I also buy 1 Sherman Crocodile if I can afford it.

I hoard the munitions of the m18/sherman's turret top gunner for the artillery strikes.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★