Login

russian armor

Open 2v2 Tourney Feedback

17 Mar 2014, 00:11 AM
Patrion 14

Hi,the purpose of this thread is to gather feedback from everybody involved in the tourney. That way, we can improve in the future. Please keep the feedbacl organised and structured so we can prosess it in a decent manner.

Thank you and thank you to all our players and people who watched our streams. We had a blast doing this, we hope you enjoyed it too !
17 Mar 2014, 02:35 AM

First of all I want to give all the mTw guys a huge thanks for organizing/hosting/running this tournament. It was a ton of fun and I really appreciate all the hard work that went into pulling it off.

Two quick things I think that could have been done better:

First, the camera guy was moving the camera around as if he were playing the game. I can understand this instinct when normally watching a replay or streaming a game, but it is very disorienting for the viewers if the game is being cast. Clicking the minimap every once in a while to go the other side of the map is fine, but slowly "gliding" it during fights is preferred. The SC 2 camera guys tend to do an excellent job if people are looking for examples of what I'm talking about.

Secondly, having the webcam of the casters between games is nice (SNF style) but during the game the webcam of Hans was a bit distracting.

Cheers for this event and I look forward to more in the future!
17 Mar 2014, 05:39 AM
Patrion 14

Hi,the purpose of this thread is to gather feedback from everybody involved in the tourney. That way, we can improve in the future. Please keep the feedback organised and structured so we can process it in a decent manner.

Thank you and thank you to all our players and people who watched our streams. We had a blast doing this, we hope you enjoyed it too !
17 Mar 2014, 11:09 AM

Hi Huge thanks to mTw and all of the people involved in making, organising and running the tourney. I appreciate the hard work that was gone to this tourney. Hope you guys got all the things and info you need to improve your future tourneys.

Well then to the Feedback we go:

1. The idea of using 2v2 on maps like langres and kholodny is a hit in coh2 gameplay sweetspot. Why do i say this well just watch the replays i have never in this game played more action packed and fast action games. And i think that the map choice contributed to it greatly. The only thing that might have and in some maps should have done differently were the starting location of some factions. For example soviets start on langres north which might be the toughest and most difficult position to play.

2. No intel bulletins allowed for a fair fight between cons and grens in which i was amazed although it did not make a huge impact since the action was fast and you would soon have a lot going on but that early 1v1 gren vs cons was amazing positioning actually matters then if you want your squad to win the fight by that i mean less rng crits, and longer survivability but only in the couple of minutes.

3. All commanders provided an opportunity for a lot of different strategies and versatile gameplay and again some had success and some not as it should be. It would help if the game developed more content in the form of units and just more equipment to use.

That is all from me when it comes to the game's I and Sirlami have played.

Also i would also like to say thanks to the people that streamed and casted the games you all did solid job.

Hope you get all the feedback needed to improve your organization and competition.
And i also hope to see more of this events from you mTw
18 Mar 2014, 14:54 PM

I would like to first just say I agree with what ciez said in his feedback, and thanks guys for running this. looking forward to future events and hope you guys can be doing this for a long time.

Second the brackets. I'm sure it had to do with so many new teams and no real way to seed them (hence random), but in this one at least the top bracket felt a bit more stacked then the lower bracket, so hopefully next time you guys can do a little seeding to balance it more.

Third the maps. langeres too German favored with those spawns. Kharkov kinda the same thing also tends to limit strats usable there. Didn't play on any other maps so won't comment on them.

Forth the format. Having to play more then 2 series in a day with 2v2's at high level is very draining. I only had to play two on Saturday but I know if I had to play more I would have been out of it by the third set and not produced very good games, something to remember for future events.

Fifth the stream. Some overlays where missing like resources during part of the stream probably isn't a bad idea to create a stream checklist for anyone who is gonna stream on your channel so that you guys have the same presentation every time. When Dane and Hans where casting felt like both were trying to do play-by-play and they ended up talking over each other a lot, making sure each person knows their role helps so that doesn't happen.

Other then that I would like to again thank you guys for taking the time to run a tourney, hope this feedback helps you guys to make an even better one next time.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 23
Germany 1
Germany 690

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak