Login

russian armor

Relic NEEDS to fix commanders

• This thread is locked
22 Jan 2014, 16:19 PM

Aside from MP connection/matchmaking issues... Commanders are the #1 thing relic needs to fix about this game. Relic made a huge mistake when they decided to sell individual commanders as DLC, then they got greedy with it.

Now we have what... 32? 34? commanders between the two factions. That's just ridiculous. There are far too many overlaps, and to make it worse each commander only has 5 abilities and many commanders have atleast 1 useless/over priced ability.

Not only has this reduced the strategic value at the core, it just makes the game confusing. It's so hard, especially when you just picked up the game, to have a good scouting and project if you're going to be up against heavy tanks or strafing runs - or both.

The catch-22 is that Relic made people PAY for this awful horribly designed system. So all the fools that actual bought commanders will be unhappy if relic was to redesign the system.

Mostly just a rant. I have no suggestions for how to fix commanders. Situation is kinda impossible. I did read post about after CP1 each next CP unlock could choose between two options...
22 Jan 2014, 16:50 PM

*NEWSFLASH*
22 Jan 2014, 16:55 PM

commanders are fine l2p pls
22 Jan 2014, 16:59 PM

34 commanders each faction??

The only ones I always see are Elite Troops and Soviet Industry...
22 Jan 2014, 17:10 PM

The catch-22 is that Relic made people PAY for this awful horribly designed system. So all the fools that actual bought commanders will be unhappy if relic was to redesign the system.

Correction-the only ones who are fools are the ones who think commanders will not be balanced AND the ones who think the system will be changed.
22 Jan 2014, 17:24 PM

When are the new commanders coming out?

I personally don't believe that they will fix it anymore; the ship has sailed. What I need are more AT armor call-in doctrines for my Soviet play. I use the 2 x IS-2 doctrines way too much.

The new 'Overwhelming Armor' doctrine for the Soviets looks handy as it has 'elite T-34/85s' and Reserve T-34s.

The Germans could use a doctrine that buffs infantry (infantry call-ins?) without costing fuel or munitions.

AS in...GOOD, scalable infantry (like an elite version of the grenadier squad with 6 man squads), not niche infantry like Ostruppen or assault grenadiers.
22 Jan 2014, 17:28 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2014, 16:55 PMmariens
l2p pls

You mean "learn to pay" right? MVGame
22 Jan 2014, 18:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2014, 17:28 PMThrill
You mean "learn to pay" right? MVGame

Learn 2 Pay. Haha, that's genuinely very funny. :D

I will lock this, though, because we all know that nothing good will come of it. Relic are aware that certain issues need addressing, and there will more than likely be fixes/changes to a few commanders in the next patch.
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

Russian Federation 45
Poland 10
United States 6
Germany 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %