Login

russian armor

Luftwaffe Supply Doctrine

4 Jan 2014, 00:30 AM

The new DLC commanders seem to have come attached with a huge debate in the CoH2 community. I'm not making this thread to add to this debate, but rather to talk about the, in my opinion, best German commander currently available. And no, it's not the Elite Troops Doctrine

Luftwaffe Supply Doctrine!

First off all, let's have a look at the commander itself:

0 CP: Air-drop medical supply: drops crates with health for your infantry
3 CP: Supply drop zone: Drops 50 fuel or ammo (on the respective zone) in exchange for 200mp
4 CP: Reconnaissance overflight: See what the enemy is up to
6 CP: Incendiary bombing run: drops firebombs on area
12 CP: Stuka bombing run: drops a 50kg bomb

It's mainly the second ability that makes it interesting. Very early on, you are able to exchange 200mp for 50 ammo or fuel. Which means you can rush for armor, or get T2 vehicles with little time loss. Later in the game, when you reach pop cap and end up with a big float of manpower, you can turn it into ammo and use the fourth and fifth ability as you please. You can consider this the more versatile and "quick stop shop"-version of the Soviets' Industry Tactics.

The other abilities are far from shabby either: dropping medical supplies around your reinforcing half-track is always handy, as is being able to recon his army using the overflight. Incendiary bombs and the 50kg bomb strike are just cherries on an already delicious cake.

I will try to upload a re-play asap, but as I'm currently in my finals week, it could take some time. It's a "maybe tomorrow, maybe next week" sort of situation

EDIT: Thanks to BartonPL, it came to my attention that the supply drop drops 50 fuel or 150 ammo (instead of 50) in exchange for 200mp. My apologies :)
4 Jan 2014, 00:32 AM
Patrion 14

Looking forward to that one man ! :)
4 Jan 2014, 01:02 AM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

The second ability is quite risky as a muni or fuel point is rarely ever next to your base and you must hold on to that territory for a good while to get all the air drops.
4 Jan 2014, 01:22 AM

I have used it in around 10 games and only lost supplies to the enemy once, who got away with 20 fuel, so I wouldn't call it that risky. Admitted, the last two players I have beaten with this trick, weren't that competent (which is why I don't have a re-play to truly show off this doctrine), but I have had matches with persistent enemies who were not prepared for my P4, and I already had a reinforcement half-track snugly set up behind my lines. I did a health supply drop around it and basically had a fully operation HQ for little ammo. Ammo I later replenished using the supply drops :) I honestly consider it the Ostheer counterpart to Soviet Industry, only more in control, more versatile (you can drop ammo) and with better end abilities.
4 Jan 2014, 09:55 AM

supply drops gives you 150 muni or 50 Fuel. I've played some with this doctrine and it's pretty expensive in Manpower.
4 Jan 2014, 09:58 AM

dbl post, remove please
4 Jan 2014, 11:05 AM

Thanks Barton for correcting me, I didn't realize it dropped 150 munitions, which basically makes this Doctrine even better :) And if you don't over-use this ability, it isn't that manpower heavy... Just use it once when it becomes available to drop in fuel and use it later when you have enough mp floating around to drop in fuel or ammo.
4 Jan 2014, 11:33 AM

Permanently Banned
how much the cooldown on the supply drop?
It could be spammable on semoiskey summer?
4 Jan 2014, 12:41 PM

I wouldn't be able to give you an exact number, but so far I have never had a moment were I was waiting for the cooldown to finish. I never tried to spam it though.
4 Jan 2014, 13:11 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jan 2014, 11:33 AMakosi

exactly semoiskey summer with the fuel point change, is the best condition to get more "save" fuel.
11 Jan 2014, 11:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jan 2014, 11:33 AMakosi

After using this commander more and more, I payed attention to the cooldown and guess what: It has a 1 minute cooldown, which ends just as the last crate is being dropped. So spamming it would be possible.
11 Jan 2014, 15:22 PM

you can spam supply drops in 2v2's and higher games, in 1v1 it's pretty impossible since you gonna lose tanks or infantry war if you keep droping them. I know because i played with this doc in some 1v1's, it's good when you drop like 2-3 drop during a whole game
12 Jan 2014, 00:00 AM

you can spam supply drops in 2v2's and higher games, in 1v1 it's pretty impossible since you gonna lose tanks or infantry war if you keep droping them. I know because i played with this doc in some 1v1's, it's good when you drop like 2-3 drop during a whole game

The first fuel drop alone is enough to give you a head start in pushing out armor. I wonder if fuel caches would be a better investment in the long run though...
12 Jan 2014, 08:08 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

The first fuel drop alone is enough to give you a head start in pushing out armor. I wonder if fuel caches would be a better investment in the long run though...

+3/+5 fuel-muni per minute. So to get the same amount of resources you either need to wait 16mins or 30mins. A cache will spread the resources to all players so it loses utility besides 2v2 i guess.
12 Jan 2014, 12:29 PM

Cache gives you 3 Fuel per minute and supply drop 50 Fuel so you got almost 18 minute advantage over Fuel cache.

it's better for muni because one cache gives you 5 muni and srop gives 150 so it's 30 mins
13 Jan 2014, 01:19 AM

alright, thanks for the info :)
13 Jan 2014, 17:14 PM
Developer Relic Badge

I've been having rather good success with this doctrine in 1v1 simply due to the medical supply drops. Often I forget to build the med-bunker due to it since one crate can heal your entire infantry army to full.

Using the ability during combat can also allow you to win early infantry battles and maintain map presence before T2 even arrives. If not, it forces the enemy to not engage while the buff is active.

I've also been using it with sniper-first builds. The boost from the crates can help off-set the lack of front-line combat units and when all three are picked up at once, makes even pioneers deadly to conscripts to help defend the sniper.
17 Jan 2014, 03:02 AM

This is seriously useful? People seriously like this?!

Comparing it to old CoH1 commander trees the ostheer abilities look so ... neutered.
17 Jan 2014, 06:51 AM

Permanently Banned
i tested it today, well i did wrong, but if you make full t1 for example 4 gren 2 mg then just spam that 0 CP ability which gives very big boost( accuracy) then spam drop on fuel and go straight to t4, is good.
17 Jan 2014, 06:52 AM

Permanently Banned
forgot to say, dont use the 0 CP ability for mortal, it will just kill your troops.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 22
unknown 4
unknown 0
United Kingdom 155
Germany 25

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L