Login

russian armor

T-34-76 after patch

• This thread is locked
PAGES (7)down
27 Jan 2014, 05:40 AM

Except that the KV-1 was long gone by 1943-44 having been replaced by the KV-1s (which was just as bad vs German armour) and the IS and KV chassis were being equipped (in small amounts) with the 85mm gun. The IS-85 and the KV-85 weren't bad they just were stop-gaps and occupied an inconvenient position of the RKKA transitioning between the KV and the IS series.
Also, the KV-85 is dead simple to model, IIRC it's just plonk a T-34-85 turret on the KV Chassis.

OT: T3 is just not good enough to me in all respects. It gets countered by T3 easily (P4s and STuGs, even Ostwinds if they're vet) and there is no contest with T4. Something needs to be added to T3 and I cannot understand why the T-34-85 isn't an upgun like in VCoH. Instead its doctrinal which is just silly. A heavy tank though in T-3 might be an alternative and something like the KV-85 wouldn't go amiss. Something with armour which isn't doctrinal is needed for the Soviets because currently they get nothing whilst the Germans can get speed and armour and punch all at once. It's just silly really.

i dont think the soviets get nothing, but rather their playstyle is defensive/sledgehammer tactics. things that pack a punch are slow and clunky, which favours reaction playstyles. however, once they achieve an initiative, they can rarely be stopped. so the norm is have the german run his units into ur lines, punish him then AT gun/su85 crawl together with the rest of the army supporting.

t3 i agree is horrible, at best they are superb support units. 50 cal HT is a mobile pinning machine, amazing against infantry flanks. t34s are a complete fail of a tank that is relevant because of its suicidal abilities and t70 is nerfed to complete dirt with the moving penalty. but they are all incapable of independent fighting, unlike the p4 and ostwinds. putting industry aside, chances are they come too late to have any shock value. their counters are more or less already on the field.

schrecks are now pre 1.5 vcoh, as good as a tank gun in terms of accuracy even better with dmg since they come in 2, they snipe tanks at range and have 100% accuracy on most soviet armour and a good counter to t3 attacks. if rng was bad and they often are, t34 will be pushed away by schrecks alone even if they were superbly microed, maintaining range with shoot and scoot tactics.

i dont know what can be done with t3 when t4 is a considered a side grade, not an upgrade. make t3 too strong, i bet my ass germans will cry about t3/t4 combos in 2v2 and rightfully they should.
27 Jan 2014, 06:10 AM

Use SU-76 barrages to support your army
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment