Login

russian armor

maps suddenly flipped? now must we redo them all again?

12 Dec 2013, 18:44 PM

some of my maps look ok in lobby, etc & some do looked flipped now... but in game all are now flipped... these are maps I've been playing the crap out of, posted on here, etc... has anyone else playing my maps had this? seems suddenly after patch they are flipped! Do we actually have to redo all the maps we flipped previously?? (by flipped I mean the 3 .tga files that needed flipping for the minimap)
12 Dec 2013, 19:03 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Worlbuilder now creates the right minimap automatically. So you dont have to make a new **low.tga file. Just delete the old one you have and export again
12 Dec 2013, 19:16 PM

Worlbuilder now creates the right minimap automatically. So you dont have to make a new **low.tga file. Just delete the old one you have and export again

ok i think i got it... my problem is that due to previous troubleshooting attempts to figure out that wb issue where it wouldn't export after the patch, I moved & then accidentally deleted the MP folder with all my .sgb files, so for me to get em back (or converting coh1 maps) I gotta convert my .sga files to sgb, and will extract .tga files too... sometimes just the "mm" file, but others also a "mm_low" and "mm_preview" & they were flipped but again other maps are not(wtf?) But the game only seems to need the "low" & "preview" files after a couple tests so I just delete the "_mm" tga (which didnt match the other 2 .tga's in water color so wtf again?) & then make sure options file has correct dimensions for the "low" file, re export & it's working. And if you only get one "mm" tga file, then I added "_preview" to it's name, then saved a copy of it as "_low", resized that low file to be 360 x " & save it as standard 24 bit tga, open sgb in wb, re-export & done.... so to recap: if u can only get access to sgb file to then open in worldbuilder by converting your sga back to sgb (to convert coh1 maps, I use cc2sga.exe by drag & drop the sga on it & it makes a folder to then move to MP folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Company of Heroes 2\CoH2\Data\Scenarios\MP\"your newly extracted folder")... I must make sure to have just the 2 .tga files: "_mm_low" & "_mm_preview". Make sure they converted correctly (no longer flipped & are normal orientation) & then open the sgb in wb & re-export. That seems to work for me after trying this on a few maps. Not sure if folks have this issue if working from original folders.
13 Dec 2013, 16:10 PM

geeez..I'm just having massive probs with the minimap... again. :(

The minimap of my map is also flipped since last patch, so I followed Skajellafetty's steps and created a new *_mm_preview.tga and a 'not flipped' *_mm_low.tga with 360x360 and deleted *_mm_high.tga and *_mm.tga.
Options file is still set to 360x360.

BUT: Doesn't work for me, the flipping is correct now but the size of the preview and ingame minimap is much too small.
Strange thing: If I'm using the old .tga files that are exacty the same just with the vertical flip and do a resave of my map like some are suggesting the minimap size is fine, but still wrong flipped.
I really don't understand this.. I tried so many different .tga file settings but nothing worked...
Pls help!!
13 Dec 2013, 17:47 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

You have to change the .Option file aswell, but the right size in the tab where it say's "minimap"
14 Dec 2013, 14:23 PM

I think the minimap hates me :0
Ok, I'll try to describe my problem again and in detail:

I have 4 .tga files in the custom map folder:

_mm_preview.tga x768
_mm_high.tga x768 (vertical flipped)
_mm.tga x768 (vertical flipped)
_mm_low.tga x360 (vertical flipped)

Minimap size in .options file: 360x360

BEFORE the patch this worked fine.
AFTER the patch it looks like this:

Mainmenu minimap still fine

Ingame minimap flipped but correct size

So my latest steps were following OnkelSam's updated Minimap Tutorial and I did this:

Creating again 4 .tga files:

_mm_preview.tga x768
_mm_high.tga x768 (no v flipping)
_mm.tga x768 (no v flipping)
_mm_low.tga x360 (no v flipping)

Minimap size in .options file: 360x360

And these are the results:

Mainmenu minimap correct flip but size is too small

Ingame minimap same: flipping is correct but size is not (if I change numbers in .options file to 768x768 it's even smaller)

So this is really annoying me^^
Hope someone got a solution..

//EDIT

Ok, sry guys :S
Problem detected, my map model I'm using with gimp to create the minimap didn't have the correct size anymore for what ever reason...
So, everything fixed now :)

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS