Login

russian armor

g43 counter

11 Dec 2013, 22:05 PM

What is the counter vs g43?

they move too much for mortars, they sniper ur sniper and hmg. i thought scout car but surprisingly enough they where killing my squads in the scout car befor i could kill them, try and rush it wifh flames you just get fausted. just shy of rolling tanks in there face, but then there is always a pack. need a hard counter to this automatic sniper rifle.
11 Dec 2013, 22:06 PM

Emm... maybe PPSH, Shoks or other anti-infatry stuff
11 Dec 2013, 22:08 PM

there accuracy and rate of fire is so fast, that by the time u close in on them with shocks you have lost half the squad
11 Dec 2013, 23:06 PM

G43 rifles are extremely potent. Engaging G43 grenadiers 1 on 1 with conscripts is a pointless endeavor. Unless you are in green cover and he is in red, it's best to try and avoid fire fights. Shock troopers still win, but try to hug cover as you approach. Penal troops in cover also don't do terrible against them.

When I play against G43 rifles I tend to go for units that can kill grenadiers without having to shoot bullets at them. Mortars do nicely, even more combined with a maxim. T4 offers some nice arty that can decimate grenadier squads. Both SU-76s (point blank barrage) and Katyuskas do a good number on the sniper rifle wielding übersoldaten.

Also, a demo charges placed properly in capping zones can wipe a whole grenadier squad. This is very useful as they are quite expensive troops for the Germans to replace.
11 Dec 2013, 23:35 PM

solid tips thanks.
12 Dec 2013, 22:05 PM

I usually try to avoid engagements with them unless I have a clear advantage. I try to make him spend muni on different stuff as well as I try to harass his muni-point.

For methods to actually kill them I point to Aerohank's post (and add Shocktroops).

13 Dec 2013, 00:51 AM

Dont overlook Penals. Fight fire with fire, and penals come out way before they have G43, so you get to put then pain on them fast.

I go roughly 2 cons, then 3 penal, guards compliments penal nicley.

Use cons to reinforce penal where you can :)
28 Dec 2013, 21:57 PM

Pgrens with G43's are one of my favorite units to wield. That having been said, I lose most of my guys to flame anything. Also, 2 squads of Penals with charges or flames...for me, those are the most dreaded infantry unit I can come up against.
30 Dec 2013, 11:35 AM

I've heard this advice so many times. Avoid ass grens, avoid panzer grenadiers, avoid G43, avoid avoid avoid....
In my experience T1 works the best against all of them. Usually, I go for 1 penal, 2 cons and a sniper in a scout car. It depends on situation what units i will build later, either another penals or one more sniper.
If I can get my hands on MG42 I will win ANY early game engagement. Sniper plus mg is a great combo.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★