Login

russian armor

GET YOUR MAPS UP ON STEAMWORKSHOP!

12 Dec 2013, 16:02 PM

@Ryan: If you tell us the map name or the offender's name I'm sure people would gladly vote it down or report it.
12 Dec 2013, 16:11 PM

@Ryan: If you tell us the map name or the offender's name I'm sure people would gladly vote it down or report it.

That's such a kind thought I didn't even consider it!

The fake map's name is (4 - 6) Pine River Dam v2.2.1, uploaded by Kin (a very young account that was perhaps partially created for the bizarre purpose of uploading other people's work).
12 Dec 2013, 18:40 PM

I voted down and reported, hopefully this copycat behaviour will stop soon, it seems to happen frequently ATM.
12 Dec 2013, 19:07 PM

I appreciate it! I'll keep a lookout for other people's duped work and do the same.

Devil's advocate: the game sure makes it easy to upload someone else's map, as it simply shows you everything in your scenarios folder and asks you which you'd like to publish. Some of these kids may have just been testing the upload system to see how it works?
12 Dec 2013, 19:43 PM

This is a pretty short guide to: How to upload to the workshop.

1. Start Company of Heroes 2.
2. Click on the "Workshop" in the main menu.
3. Select your map.
4. Press publish.
5. You are now prompt by steam to accept the terms of service to finish the publication of the map.

any idea what a yellow error triangle with "error code 2" is? I cant figure out why some maps wont upload... it's not a file size limit or something either.
2 of 2 Relic postsRelic 13 Dec 2013, 19:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2013, 02:16 AMRyan
Someone has uploaded my map and it is driving me crazy! I wouldn't even mind too much normally, but it had a serious bug in it, so I deleted it with the intention of fixing it, but now World Builder is broken and I therefore can't upload my own working version! And to top it off, people are commenting on this jerk's page about them liking "his" map, and about it having this bug! AAAAAHHHHHHGGGH!!! Please please fix WB and untie my hands, Relic!!

Ugh, that sucks.

I've hidden that map (that you link to later).

The issue is that there's no way we can scale any real effective enforcement of maps. Most of that will have to be user done, through down voting, and then we can look at taking action against accounts that steal multiple maps.

Out ability to intercede will depend on what kind of volume of maps we're getting. If we're getting thousands, then it'll be harder. If the initial rush of maps dies down a bit and we're getting say 5-10 a week, then that's more manageable.

Best idea may be to start a thread either here or on Relic News (or both) to report this and when we can we'll take them down and when we can't people can down vote the maps.

The ideal information in each post would be:

Link to Original Map:
Link to Copy:

Ensure that the map dates are right, in that you're not reporting a map that's older than your map.
13 Dec 2013, 20:11 PM
13 Dec 2013, 20:56 PM
14 Dec 2013, 02:48 AM
Honorary Member Badge

ugh i saw this coming a mile away amusing really.

i can start using links to steam workshop for my mod list page. :D
14 Dec 2013, 12:34 PM
Honorary Member Badge

seems like Steam is quite actively filtering now. Got all 3 duplicates of my maps removed today after reporting them
14 Dec 2013, 15:47 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=203345947 This guy copied my map "Narva" that i made in the beta. So i assume he is in the CoH2 Beta aswell, as he had access. I haven't uploaded it to anywhere else. Can you guys please give this a down vote and report him ? God damn, this is really stupid when people copy paste your work.
6 Mar 2014, 16:57 PM

Hey Mates,

Yea I also saw this problem comming up very early , thats why im not posting anymore Maps on Homepages and here ! I just bring them myself to the workshop and i always write on the map : Made by Orklord !
I also had the problem of copys of my first map thats why i do it like this in moment :)
BTW : also got the : yellow error triangle with "error code 2" on my last map and i have no Idea what it means ?????!!!
But I think this have nothing to do with the map himself , because if i try to upload another map(from other map-makers )what is online already i get the same message (just to see if it works-never would post maps from other makers !! )!
I guess this is a problem what was comming up with the last relic patch !?
Tell me what you think or know mates !!! Please :)
Maybe you know some about it OnkleSam ?
14 Mar 2014, 16:20 PM

How do I update my map I found myself republishing my map over and over again is there an update button I can use so my subscribers are up to date with the map I use?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Mexico 21
United Kingdom 160
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak