Login

russian armor

Semisky translation to Russian is hilarrious.

8 Dec 2013, 15:43 PM

Noone would complain about a place being called Sunflower if it was in the western hemisphere. In fact there is at least one such place.

But of course, if you inadvertedly hint that a town in Russia could have such a name, then it's suddenly an INSULT?

Oh, I get it. The whole point is to add more fuel to the russian stake they want to burn Relic on.

Why? Give it rest. Damned hypocricy.
8 Dec 2013, 19:21 PM
Patrion 26

Noone would complain about a place being called Sunflower if it was in the western hemisphere. In fact there is at least one such place.

But of course, if you inadvertedly hint that a town in Russia could have such a name, then it's suddenly an INSULT?

Oh, I get it. The whole point is to add more fuel to the russian stake they want to burn Relic on.

Why? Give it rest. Damned hypocricy.

Dude, stop with the conspiracy theory around relic please. You start to sound retarded.
No one is insulted by the map name.... It just incorrect translation that is what was pointed out in this thread. If you see conspiracy in every post then you need a shrink.
8 Dec 2013, 19:27 PM

i think since this game is a remix, relic just wanted to put a little russian into the french name semois, to show that this map is still semois, even though the name is a bit silly. sure, they could do better, the other alternative might be semoigrad. still sounds a bit silly eh?
8 Dec 2013, 19:30 PM
Patrion 26

i think since this game is a remix, relic just wanted to put a little russian into the french name semois, to show that this map is still semois, even though the name is a bit silly. sure, they could do better, the other alternative might be semoigrad. still sounds a bit silly eh?

Thats not the point, No one give a damn how they name the map, point was to translate it properly... Without the use of google translate.
8 Dec 2013, 21:04 PM

...maybe because it is a take on an old relic map, not a new one? If you want to be pedantic about it, then you'd have to find out what the Russian called that specific River in Europe and call it that.

Relic could call it "Gummy Bear Land" and it would be valid. I think maybe that's why it is such a low priority fix. Getting new content(like it or not) and fixing true issues is more important than fixing names.

8 Dec 2013, 22:30 PM

Dude, stop with the conspiracy theory around relic please. You start to sound retarded.
No one is insulted by the map name.... It just incorrect translation that is what was pointed out in this thread. If you see conspiracy in every post then you need a shrink.

I see you live up to your name quite well.

And you're the one who posted this:

Better change it before Bad Comedian strikes again

You should have known about the russian anti-Relic propaganda. Think once more before you chime into such a tune another time.
9 Dec 2013, 18:40 PM
Patrion 26

I see you live up to your name quite well.

And you're the one who posted this:

You should have known about the russian anti-Relic propaganda. Think once more before you chime into such a tune another time.

You do realize you don`t understand what other people type.
I see you don`t even get sarcasm.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 9
United States 16
unknown 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %