Login

russian armor

How does one counter this kind of tactics???

25 Jun 2023, 19:29 PM

I had a hard time securing my fuel; the first Cromwell came so fast which is to be expected but the second and third tanks really put me on edge.

What Axis tactics work best against this kind of play? I really have a hard time competing with Assault Sections in the beginning and I find that my counter-attack only semi-work at all because of sheer luck: that my opponent was quite careless with their tanks and that my stuka landed on Assault Sections running blindly to cap (when I saw two sections running to cap I was hoping that they did not notice that I called a stuka there, on the account of my opponent's attacking style, I expected their attention would be elsewhere for this non-stop pressure.)

Somehow I believe my play was a bit terrible, out of depth and only was able to put up somewhat a fight because whoever I was playing with was really careless (I literally felt like they were toying and made some mistakes.) but I couldn't come up with a clear strategy that would counter this.

Is there a definite counter to this type of play? Please advise.

7 Jul 2023, 01:40 AM

- didn't build 4 volks
- didn't capture left side of map
- teched battlegroup too early
- built Opel right after tech
- upgraded MP40's against assault tommies
- didn't build obers
- uncoordinated team weapons
- didn't build jagdpanzer
- didn't apply enough pressure later on

you can build 4 volksgrenadiers without affecting your tech timings. By not building the extra volks, you forfeit early game pressure in a game where you already were at an early disadvantage against assault sections.
MP40's are not favorable against upgraded assault sections, they lose 1 on 1. STGs are better at all ranges, should've just fought the assault sections with those at long range.

the plan against assault tommies should be to lock them down with team weapons or vehicles. Your infantry are not safe against as they kinda just walk at you and win. Building Opel here denied you the ability of building a Flak, which I would've preferred in this situation. A machine gun is also good, though, and that's what you build, and that's all you need. Smoke spam can get annoying, but it's kind of just a waiting game. Once it's on cooldown, they can't do anything.

not capturing the left side of the map left you especially vulnerable to his early game pressure. you couldn't stop his cutoff play and paid in full because you didn't cap the left side of the map. He cut you off entirely. And he does this several times. You just left him have the left side of the map for most of the early game, and that + him constantly cutting you off early led to a massive resource disparity.

he built up a massive tank army that couldve easily been countered by a jagdpanzer. but you never built it. you kept on building panzer ivs. it made sense at first, but as the game went on, he lost more and more infantry, removing the need for anti infantry. Jagdpanzers outrange these tanks, AND they have above average pen. Consider Jagdpanzers when up against heavy tanks and at a fuel disadvantage like you were.

you built two extra volksgrenadiers later on, even when you had Schewer. Try building Obers, they deal good damage at a safe distance and it's less of a hassle to micro.

tldr use stgs at range against assault tommies until you get a machine gun or flak, and then counter his counters as you go.
12 Apr 2024, 00:23 AM

you can build 4 volksgrenadiers without affecting your tech timings.

i've only ever made one post on this website, and it's wrong, so im gonna correct it.
4 volks is manpower draining in unfavorable matchups and will delay your tech. Even in fair matchups, if you misplay with 4 volks, you take bad fights, then you will delay your tech aswell. 3 volks -> tech -> MG34 is a much more effective option to deal with assault tommies while also being economical at the same time.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★