Login

russian armor

I have moved on from Coh3 and i am down for ....

PAGES (7)down
Coh3 is dead to me
Option Distribution Votes
56%
44%
Total votes: 63
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
20 Jun 2023, 09:17 AM

i bought a playstation 5 in anticipation for final fantasy XVI, brings me back to my child hood days of NES.

How about you?
20 Jun 2023, 09:51 AM

And who can blame you for it. Good for you man! :thumb:
20 Jun 2023, 10:17 AM

Completely stopped playing and moved on to my second main game Dead by Daylight until they actually added some content to 4v4 and 3v3 in CoH3, but that might take a while. Not sure if the July patch will be enough to already get me back
20 Jun 2023, 11:45 AM

When Coh3 was released I looked at it for a minute and said "I will never play this game, Relic has no idea what they are doing". So I moved on at release. Been writing a VST for guitar and have not looked back.

The real question at this point is "Should Coh3 die and go away"? It is so far from a good game it is not funny. This would maybe save some of the Coh2 player base. But I think most vets will not come back anyway. They are so bored of Coh2 they are playing Coh3 1v1 just to play something different. Not because they want to play it. Not because it is remotely good.

If there was at least one part of Coh3 that was working, I would just wait it out. But graphics are broken, game is broken, UI is broken, sound is broken, replays don't exist, spectate doesn't exist, no maps, team games are broken, World Builder sucks, Match Making still sucks, etc etc etc.

They screwed up every single aspect of an easy to make no brainer game. How can anyone have any hope they will be able to fix it? They dont even know what they are trying to make? Most Relic employees dont even play the game.

At this point the best possible thing Relic could do is stop supporting Coh3. Come out with Coh4 in 2-3 years. At least there will be some hope and interest when that releases and maybe have a shot at getting a real player base. But so many people got burned with DOW3 and now COH3, even that is a long shot.

They had one chance of not failing and they tossed it in the fire. All I see is studio closure in their future.
20 Jun 2023, 15:12 PM

Still playing COH3 despite everything. Admittedly there's a bit of USF airplane strafe/cheap bombing run BS going on right now, but it's still better than Pathscoot by a long margin. 45 sight range weapon teams are safely in the dustbin of history.
20 Jun 2023, 18:36 PM

I personally don't think coh3 is so bad, it is mostly 1vs1 focused but I have had some decent 2vs2 games as well.

Honestly I don't think I will come back to coh2 though the meta is too stale (1v1) scene is mostly dead as far as I know and 2vs2 meta is very boring with no patch in sight.

In case you play smth else good for you, but I don't understand the hate for coh3 it is a decent alternative to coh2.

In case you are hardcore coh2 fan thats also fine, but I don't get the hate and then suggesting playing a game completly unrelated to the franchise
20 Jun 2023, 18:59 PM

In case you play smth else good for you, but I don't understand the hate for coh3 it is a decent alternative to coh2.

From my interactions, people dont like so many aspects of the game. I dont think anyone hates it. Its just broken or unfinished. To me its not even at the alpha stage yet. Which is why I have not even played it. Once it is done I may look at it again. Until then, I will do something else.

In case you are hardcore coh2 fan thats also fine, but I don't get the hate and then suggesting playing a game completly unrelated to the franchise

As fans of Coh and its mechanics, it is interesting to see what other games people are playing. Especially if they are RTS based. I see a lot of coh players end up on a completely unrelated game type like FPS.

I dont play video games, so I have no suggestions. Coh is the only game I play. So I am writing code for fun. But I would investigate other games along the RTS genre that are mentioned here. Probably never play them. But at least look.

I have been itching to write a game based on controlling a squad (4 or 5 heroes). It would move and act similar to coh. Closest game I have seen so far is Aliens Dark Descent. But I dont think the heroes can move individually, which is not what I am looking for.
20 Jun 2023, 19:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jun 2023, 18:59 PMRosbone

To me its not even at the alpha stage yet.

The funny thing is that they delayed the game for several monthes and did nothing during that time period. As sad as it is...Dawn of War 3 (though bad) was way more polished than COH 3. I did not see a single bug at all in Dawn of War 3. In fact that was probably the only good thing about the game, it ran flawlessly. That was the first and last time Relic made a product that just worked. Such a shame though that the game had terrible graphics and was poorly designed.
20 Jun 2023, 19:50 PM

Waiting on MoW 2. Big news on the 22nd of this month :D
20 Jun 2023, 21:34 PM

Bit undercook like all coh's but the core mechanics are solid, still playing. But then again I know what I'm talking about unlike most of this community lol.
21 Jun 2023, 01:40 AM

Coh3 is like a wet fart

There were some warnings of its danger, but we optimistically thought it would be fine so we let it rip...

Next thing u know ur pants are flooded with diarrhea
21 Jun 2023, 01:57 AM

I personally don't think coh3 is so bad, it is mostly 1vs1 focused but I have had some decent 2vs2 games as well.

Honestly I don't think I will come back to coh2 though the meta is too stale (1v1) scene is mostly dead as far as I know and 2vs2 meta is very boring with no patch in sight.

Coh3 is viable game, but it still does not feel as tight and fresh as i hoped for something that promises to satisfy us for next 5-10 years.

It is the slow patching and updating efforts, that makes me concerned should i sink more time to get gud at it.
21 Jun 2023, 05:05 AM

but I don't get the hate

I apologize. After reading some new reviews, hate might be the right word.

"I would rather drag my balls through 100 yards of broken glass with musho the dragon giving me a blowjob while a giant mouse trap clamps down on my toes than play this game."

"I was very much looking forward to this game. It sucks. COH2 is superior in every aspect. The graphics suck, the voice overs are hilariously bad. Just a bad game. I wouldn't even pirate it."

"HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE let down, why not just throw crap at the ceiling fan while your at it. i dont think any amount of reworking or dlc will fix this abomination they created to cater to xbox and ps5 folk."

"This franchise is dead, singleplayer feels rushed and awful, im not even gunna go into the africa campaign, prolly one of the worst campaigns ive ever played in my life tbh. graphics are downscaled for console peasants. Gameplay and aesethetic feels off (music, art direction, voice acting), the destruction feels cheap aswell as the sounds. 4Uck you relic. Seriously, fire these clowns..."
21 Jun 2023, 05:24 AM

Havent touched the game in over 2 months. Still waiting on maps for larger modes as I usually play in a stack.
21 Jun 2023, 10:03 AM

Still playing it and still thinking its a better game then CoH2 over-all.

If you disregard whole "polish" and "content" problems, which you really shouldn't because its a valid arguments why CoH2 right now is better for a majority of people, for the sake of augment, CoH3 is a good
CoH game and it represents ideas of CoH series, much better then CoH2 does.

But again, I think if I was less spoiled by QoL changes, I would've be playing vCoH right now, but not CoH2.

I'am minority tho, I dont really care about content and CoH is pretty much the single game I play in a free time. Fact here is, CoH3 gives me much less frustration playing it, then CoH2 did with its idiotic gameplay and meta.

The only few things I really hate about CoH3 is its garbage pathing and amount of cheat like bug abuses.
21 Jun 2023, 11:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2023, 05:05 AMRosbone

I apologize. After reading some new reviews, hate might be the right word.

Stop fucking browsing the negative Steam reviews to determine whether people like CoH3 or not, they're fucking useless in that regard and half the people there seem unhinged :snfPeter: Just remember the people who write those are probably the same who spend their time in the STEAM FORUMS.

It's like going to a Trump rally and poll the people there in order to determine if Americans are pleased with Biden's presidency :snfPeter:

21 Jun 2023, 12:37 PM

Still playing. Obviously disappointed by the slow speed of updates, the devs overall priorities and the lack of maps or new commanders, but the core game is good. As someone else has mentioned, it really is like COH 1 'lite' at the moment, as if the whole thing has just been made on a significantly lower budget than 2.

The lack of variety does make it very, very stale, but I couldn't go back to coh 2 now. The old meta in that game is frozen in time. Never going to change. Hopefully we see 3 grow, despite all the mistakes and problems.
21 Jun 2023, 12:45 PM

I have to add, after having played coh3, I have a hard time going back to coh2. The performance alone makes it alot more enjoyable.
21 Jun 2023, 14:00 PM

I play coh3 daily - I played coh1 right from the start same as coh2 and now coh3 - And while i loved coh1 and coh2 - i dont forget the huge problems that especially coh2 had and how fucked up things where at different states of thier time - coh3 feels way better in its core than coh2 did at any point.
I had so many great and fun matches in coh2 and i could have keep on playing it - but compareing coh2 and coh3 neutral ... coh3 is just better. Coh3 SHOULD have been better at release ... there is no excuse, that it released with mistakes which already coh2 had years ago and even releases with simple things missing like playernames or pathfinding problems feeling thrown back 3 years of development etc.
Compareing coh3 release state with coh2 release state is sadly not a good proof of relics development or expierence/listening to the community- because of over 10 years between both. But my point - coh2 was just extremly horrible and after long and hard times and many changes, it became the game which today a lot people defend and praise as the "holy grail" and say it would be so much better in any aspect.
If only 30% of that will go into coh3, which coh2 needed at its release ... coh3 will be very fine.
But not just how trash coh2 was for a long time before huge updates and changes came .... coh3 feels like a improvement in general and better in its core and design already compared to coh2 right now. still coh3 disappointed my personal expectations. Just alone the fact that this game should have never released with 1 - 2 maps in each mode .... 4on4 was about to release with just 1 map.. ? Seems like just close to release - a singleplayer map got changed to fit into a 4on4 map ( winterline ) to have at least 2 maps for release ..... come on that just sounds like a really bad joke.

I just can remember how i felt when coh2 come out. It truely was trash compared to coh1 ... only the better graphic got me into coh2 while the gameplay and content was horrible. For coh3 i am way more positive than i was for coh2. If coh3 will get the work and time by relic as coh2 got ... i do not worry at all.
Right now - coh3 cause more frustration for me than i would have if i play coh1 or coh2 right now. But because it is "new" and not every unit and ability is used since the last 10 years ... it feels fresh and interesting enough to deal with the downsides of coh3.
21 Jun 2023, 14:40 PM

It's like going to a Trump rally and poll the people there in order to determine if Americans are pleased with Biden's presidency :snfPeter:

Or like going to console gamers and asking them: Hey would you like a high micro tactical RTS that's never been on console before?
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 49
Poland 9

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak