Login

russian armor

coh2 update continuation possibility in case of coh3 failure

14 Jul 2022, 04:52 AM

Just curious would there be any possibility that community patching of the coh2 continues suppose coh3 dies just like dow3?

Not discussing the possibility or the reason why coh3 will fail or not fail. Just asking, if something happens that results in coh3 failure, what is the possibility that we will be receiving coh2 update again?
14 Jul 2022, 14:12 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I'd highly doubt it.
Relic will decide if they support further updates or not. But since AoE4's success was more "so-so", a complete fail of CoH3 will probably cause serious issues for Relic financially. I don't think they would support CoH2 with updates in these circumstances.
With all the giveaways CoH2 has gotten, there is also no huge financial potential in this game anymore. They have supported it for the community and to keep brand interest high while they were developing CoH3, not because they'd make a ton of money off of CoH2 anymore.
14 Jul 2022, 15:59 PM

I'd highly doubt it.
Relic will decide if they support further updates or not. But since AoE4's success was more "so-so", a complete fail of CoH3 will probably cause serious issues for Relic financially. I don't think they would support CoH2 with updates in these circumstances.
With all the giveaways CoH2 has gotten, there is also no huge financial potential in this game anymore. They have supported it for the community and to keep brand interest high while they were developing CoH3, not because they'd make a ton of money off of CoH2 anymore.

It really doesn't take much for them to get some more money out of this game. They could literally come out with another 3 commanders for each faction. At 5 bucks per faction and reusing abilities they could make a decent return with virtually no work on their part. Most would complain but buy it anyway just to try something new and balance wouldn't even be that important since Overwatch and other commanders haven't been toned down.

I know I would throw down for:
Soviets - Assguard commander with KV2/Mother Russia, Airborne/IS2, maybe another commissar commander
Ost - VSL, AssG with Ele, another P4J commander
OKW - Falls/WStuka barrage so it is more anti emplacement, VG SMG with Command Panther for sight and buffs, Ostwind/tank commander or heat shells
USF - Pershing/AssE, Rangers/EZ8 maybe with WC51, 105 Sherman/Rocket Strafe with Rifle mines
14 Jul 2022, 16:25 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It really doesn't take much for them to get some more money out of this game. They could literally come out with another 3 commanders for each faction. At 5 bucks per faction and reusing abilities they could make a decent return with virtually no work on their part. Most would complain but buy it anyway just to try something new and balance wouldn't even be that important since Overwatch and other commanders haven't been toned down.

I know I would throw down for:
Soviets - Assguard commander with KV2/Mother Russia, Airborne/IS2, maybe another commissar commander
Ost - VSL, AssG with Ele, another P4J commander
OKW - Falls/WStuka barrage so it is more anti emplacement, VG SMG with Command Panther for sight and buffs, Ostwind/tank commander or heat shells
USF - Pershing/AssE, Rangers/EZ8 maybe with WC51, 105 Sherman/Rocket Strafe with Rifle mines

That is true. But I am not sure this would keep Relic really afloat. PR wise also suicide unless this signifies a long term commitment to the game, especially if many fans are already pissed off after the fail of CoH3 in this scenario. As a last ditch effort to avoid bancrupcy sure, otherwise probably no.
I still don't think they will come back to a game that will be 10+ years old by then.
14 Jul 2022, 16:48 PM

I think if the third game is even moderately successful it's highly unlikley that they'll continue to support this one for long. It would have to be an absolute disaster.
14 Jul 2022, 17:18 PM

That is true. But I am not sure this would keep Relic really afloat. PR wise also suicide unless this signifies a long term commitment to the game, especially if many fans are already pissed off after the fail of CoH3 in this scenario. As a last ditch effort to avoid bancrupcy sure, otherwise probably no.
I still don't think they will come back to a game that will be 10+ years old by then.

You are right, I meant to say as more immediate income until COH3 releases. It would also help drum up interest in COH3. Some people say it’s a bit rough for a game releasing right around the corner
26 Jul 2022, 10:18 AM

They won't continue in COH2. We can only hope they will not shut off the servers for COH1 and COH2 - that would be disaster :(
26 Jul 2022, 20:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2022, 10:18 AMpagep
They won't continue in COH2. We can only hope they will not shut off the servers for COH1 and COH2 - that would be disaster :(

If I wouldn't be able to /Q coh2 matches anymore, I would /Q life :snfBarton:
28 Jul 2022, 09:51 AM

In all actuality, COH3 will be "good" enough to warrant an end to coh2's cycle.

Relic, like it or not, has a monopoly over traditional RTS titles and I believe will sell just enough to make them commit a good 5 year cycle to COH3.

I played the game, and it's by no means a masterpiece and innovative like COH1 was but it definitely can keep an audience amused for a while. .
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 53
unknown 10

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment