Login

russian armor

CoH2 statistics of top200 ONLY.

20 Apr 2021, 14:08 PM

Brits always have been on/off in the tournament scene. I remember smaller tournaments being dominated by british valentines until counters have been discovered previous patch (aka broken 5man grens).

UTT2 last year was dominated by Sov/UKF combo and was almost unstopable (large credit to perimeter overwatch)

I actually dont think most people would disagree that brits are weak atm but its also the most hated faction so many people dont care.
As pointed out by others, its not a tweak to their stats thats needed but a faction overhaul which is risky and for the most part wasnt allowed by Relic
20 Apr 2021, 14:13 PM

I think the problem with UKF, similar but more so than OKW, is that they are simply overshadowed by the EFA armies that have everything available to them stock. As long as Soviets are viable, even if UKF is totally balanced, people wouldn't pick them because the Soviets are simply more reliable (and quite frankly just because most players hate UKF). We're seeing the same with Ostheer getting picked more often than OKW even though both factions are fairly balanced atm. EFA armies have everything available stock. They don't rely on single cheese/OP units, strats or abilities (anymore). They simply have all the tools available to deal with most opposition. We've only really seen UKF in tournaments at the times they were OP. And even then only some people played them while most preferred USF or Soviets.

What they, OKW and USF really need are complete overhauls with new units, reworking tech, etc. and most importantly moving all the important tools (flamers, indirect, etc.) to their stock rosters. But that's never going to happen. We have to treat every patch as if it was the last. We don't know if Relic wants to pull the plug next week or keep the support going for another year. So we're mostly just stuck with what we got, we can create some wiggle room here and there, tweak some stats here and there, but that's it.
20 Apr 2021, 14:19 PM

Brits always have been on/off in the tournament scene. I remember smaller tournaments being dominated by british valentines

Yes that was some cheesy tactic abusing call-in. Which eventually got stopped by making valentine commad-tank.

UTT2 last year was dominated by Sov/UKF combo and was almost unstopable (large credit to perimeter overwatch)

And they nurfed IS to the ground by making their dmg to 12. How would OST would feel if they've been told that grens are now dealing 3/4 dmg, because they are dominating 3v3 & 4v4.

I don't have a clear stat to see the actual WR of the UTT2 sadly tho.

but its also the most hated faction so many people dont care.

This is the actual feeling that I got from this forum. They just hate the faction itself, that they don't care about the balance.
20 Apr 2021, 17:49 PM

I just wanted to say thanks to anyone working on the coh2 statistics website, Information like this is very valuable. This shouldn't be a form of "pure balancing" but be used to study certain factions/commanders/metas.

Although I don't agree with the concept Leithianz, LoL is too familiar with gutting a champion that wasn't fun to play against when they were too good. Pantheon comes to mind. The issue is that people don't find brits fun to fight.
20 Apr 2021, 17:57 PM

If you play 4v4 allies right now the one thing that is glaringly apparent is how bad UKF players are on average. Of all allied factions I've played with, UKF players are always the worst players on the team, and this is a combination of the faction being very bad in team games right now, combined with low player skill as well. It's not that UKF can't work, a skilled player can do well with them IF they know what they're doing, but most players simply aren't skilled and playing a faction like UKF which is the worst in the game right now makes a bad player even worse.

Every game I play with a more than 1 UKF player tends to go badly, they just suffer so much manpower bleed and I hardly ever see them with a positive k/d. I cringe when I have a team in 4v4 of me (playing soviet or USF) with 3 UKF teammates, it's almost not even worth playing especially since lower ranked players like to spam emplacements that will just get destroyed a few minutes after they're built.
22 Apr 2021, 18:43 PM

While I do appreciation of the work which was put to establish new coh2stats, I wish it was never made, because it always brings this number masturbation ppl will use to backup their statements.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I hate that people made a stats page to use hard evidence as to what I'm saying is wrong!!! please delete site so I can keep saying axis UP buff panther PLS"
22 Apr 2021, 18:48 PM

What they, OKW and USF really need are complete overhauls with new units, reworking tech, etc. and most importantly moving all the important tools (flamers, indirect, etc.) to their stock rosters.

:clap::hyper:

But that's never going to happen. We have to treat every patch as if it was the last. We don't know if Relic wants to pull the plug next week or keep the support going for another year. So we're mostly just stuck with what we got, we can create some wiggle room here and there, tweak some stats here and there, but that's it.

<444>_<444> >:( :banned:
22 Apr 2021, 18:53 PM

snip

So put more tools in the docs? Isn't that what the whole point of this patch was supposed to be?

The Soviet/Ost patch changes have been far more aggressive than any of the expansion army changes.
22 Apr 2021, 19:31 PM

I want to say also, is there any way to filter for game duration?

Way too many 4v4s end with a fast drop or quit. Filtering out games that end in the first 2-3 minutes would be helpful.
23 Apr 2021, 06:39 AM

When I look at UKF their design is super interesting to me, as instead of a generalist light vehicle (like AA HT, 222, Luchs, T70) you get an AT focused vehicle (AEC) plus a fuel cost infantry upgrade (bolster).

UKF's late game unit roster is pretty good.

The thing is, agressive light vehicle play is very dominant in high rank play, and that is not possible with the AEC. and bolster doesnt fully make up for that I guess.

Either buff the bolster power spike (but somehow maintain late game performace) or give AEC some anti infantry buff?

IDK someone who is good at the game should tell me if im being dumb
23 Apr 2021, 18:53 PM

The thing is, agressive light vehicle play is very dominant in high rank play, and that is not possible with the AEC. and bolster doesnt fully make up for that I guess.

Either buff the bolster power spike (but somehow maintain late game performace) or give AEC some anti infantry buff?

Well the UC is that light vehicle play. Which if micro'd right is unstoppable for 3 minutes until an appropriate counter appears. If it hits a twig and does donuts however it's the worst light vehicle ever. I'd agree a 20-30 fuel light vehicle would be ideal but changes would have to happen more then likely.
23 Apr 2021, 23:08 PM

And they nurfed IS to the ground by making their dmg to 12. How would OST would feel if they've been told that grens are now dealing 3/4 dmg, because they are dominating 3v3 & 4v4.

I don't have a clear stat to see the actual WR of the UTT2 sadly tho.

The nerf was from 16 damage to 14 damage with accuracy adjustment, so their DPS stayed the same only the snipe part was removed. So your analogy with grens is wrong. And they not only dominated 3v3/4v4 but also was cheesed to spam infantry sections, not buy weapon upgrades and snipe models left and right with a massive blob that was never meant to happen.

This is the actual feeling that I got from this forum. They just hate the faction itself, that they don't care about the balance.

Hate for the British faction is well justified tho. It was such an abomination at the release and it took several patches to bring them to their current kind-of underpowered state. There are massive bad things about their design and Relic is simply not allowing the balance team to fix those by making them more similar to other factions.
EDIT : Such as IS not having snares,Vickers killing stuff so fast that it can't do its actual job of suppressing, UC carrier being virtually uncounterable for 1-3 minutes, emplacements still being allowed to brace and be built in the blink of an eye etc.

Even then, the faction is super tedious to play against in any team game even though they are slightly underpowered because the extra player covers the weaknesses of the British roster and you are left to deal with still retarded emplacements.

23 Apr 2021, 23:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2021, 23:08 PMJilet

The nerf was from 16 damage to 14 damage with accuracy adjustment, so their DPS stayed the same only the snipe part was removed. So your analogy with grens is wrong. And they not only dominated 3v3/4v4 but also was cheesed to spam infantry sections, not buy weapon upgrades and snipe models left and right with a massive blob that was never meant to happen.

Hate for the British faction is well justified tho. It was such an abomination at the release and it took several patches to bring them to their current kind-of underpowered state. There are massive bad things about their design and Relic is simply not allowing the balance team to fix those by making them more similar to other factions.
EDIT : Such as IS not having snares, UC carrier being virtually uncounterable for 1-3 minutes, Vickers killing stuff so fast that it can't do its actual job of suppressing, emplacements still being allowed to brace and be built in the blink of an eye etc.

Even then, the faction is super tedious to play against in any team game even though they are slightly underpowered because the extra player covers the weaknesses of the British roster and you are left to deal with still retarded emplacements.

24 Apr 2021, 11:26 AM

When I look at UKF their design is super interesting to me, as instead of a generalist light vehicle (like AA HT, 222, Luchs, T70) you get an AT focused vehicle (AEC) plus a fuel cost infantry upgrade (bolster).

UKF's late game unit roster is pretty good.

I think part of the problem is that the UKF's mid game is mostly just the AEC. When the AEC is too good, people go double AEC and it is really frustrating to play against. When it is UP, UKF suffers badly as it doesn't have other options.
24 Apr 2021, 11:49 AM

If you play 4v4 allies right now the one thing that is glaringly apparent is how bad UKF players are on average. Of all allied factions I've played with, UKF players are always the worst players on the team, and this is a combination of the faction being very bad in team games right now, combined with low player skill as well. It's not that UKF can't work, a skilled player can do well with them IF they know what they're doing, but most players simply aren't skilled and playing a faction like UKF which is the worst in the game right now makes a bad player even worse.

Every game I play with a more than 1 UKF player tends to go badly, they just suffer so much manpower bleed and I hardly ever see them with a positive k/d. I cringe when I have a team in 4v4 of me (playing soviet or USF) with 3 UKF teammates, it's almost not even worth playing especially since lower ranked players like to spam emplacements that will just get destroyed a few minutes after they're built.

I agree about UKF players often being the worst on random teams. The problem is that there are so few players that play a lot of UKF. It makes the player's rank improve just by spamming games at a 46% (roughly) win rate.

I'm not so sure about the manpower bleed. I'm really inconsistent in my gameplay but when I'm playing okay, I usually have a positive KD as UKF. The problem I see when playing with randoms is that they usually build emplacements way too early (like fourth unit) and way too aggressive (either covering a vp with a bofors or putting a mortar pit so that it autofires well past the vp). The problem then becomes that they've lost too much and are always outnumbered in fights, not that there is something inherently wrong with Sections.
25 Apr 2021, 08:30 AM

Interesting how 3v3 looks pretty balanced in terms of winrate. I wonder why.

Time to start queuing for 3v3s
25 Apr 2021, 10:17 AM

i believe hate is not a proper word to use.

imo usf and sov are more fun for players to pick and learn.

ukf faction performance is really good, but less fun to use.
it is more reactive than pro-active for most parts.

it has less commanders, less bulletins, less arty and rockets. call in avre and croc are less fun. churchill and ff have less aggression to attack. now it is mostly pop cap restrained.

players try to pick valentine for earlier aggressive plays?
the recent aec and cromwell buffs, should it a try too, if you want aggression?

29 Apr 2021, 17:22 PM

Is there a way to calculate win rates with a sliding scale to account for the discrepancy in total number of players per faction?

29 Apr 2021, 23:16 PM

im not going to lie. the last 3 months i been talking about how brits are the worst amry at the moment. they have no real anti infantry. cruiser is to slow... no armor and dont kill stuff fast no more...all arty is doctrinal. land matress and sexton. land matress sucks. tanks attack land matresses weapon every time no the units carrying it so it always dies in 2-3 shots no matter wat cuz of its size. sextons got a little better... they still suck ppl move after first shell if if that dont kill anything u wasting ur time barraging. avre is doctrinal. its pretty good. i wish it had smokes but that might make it op. croc is 12cp...takes way to long to fiend.. cost wayyy to god dang much... its main gun shoots half the speed of a cromwell and flame thrower dont get kills vs good players its just used for damaging atm.

you have to spend tons of resources on things like upgrades just to use a unit or emplacement that can be countered very easy. aec has NO like AT ALL anti infantry anymore. the only thing brits have really is snipers. and that was nerfed. brens do ok but double and u have no anti tank.

brits should not have to buy upgrades on bofors or aec
1 May 2021, 22:28 PM

Why can't we just make Brits a normal faction already? It's always the Brits and their stupid faction design fucking up the meta somehow.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★