Login

russian armor

Is mortar ht a good investment vs ukf

4 Jan 2020, 08:02 AM

I don't if this is the right section or not but here goes. Is the ostheer mortar ht(spearhead, and the one doc with the lefh) a good investment vs ukf. Ukf for me a pain in the ass it feels like getting a mortar is good idea to dislogde from trenches, smoking vickers/bofors but mortar pit's make using regualar mortars a chore. so is getting the mortar ht any good.
4 Jan 2020, 09:10 AM

Yes the mortar HT is very good against UKF. Just remember that the UKF might dive it early with a AEC armored car, so it is wise to invest in a teller mine and some other AT to protect the mortar HT. You don't want to be caught with your pants down and lose 40 fuel that early in the game.
4 Jan 2020, 09:28 AM

Yes the mortar HT is very good against UKF. Just remember that the UKF might dive it early with a AEC armored car, so it is wise to invest in a teller mine and some other AT to protect the mortar HT. You don't want to be caught with your pants down and lose 40 fuel that early in the game.

cool
4 Jan 2020, 09:30 AM

If I play UKF and start seeing morar HTs I just stop using emplacements. So yeah, they're effective.
4 Jan 2020, 09:47 AM

Basically, any investment in indirect weapons is effective vs ukf.
6 Jan 2020, 22:31 PM

Yup they are really good but just make sure you protect it from fast AEC.
7 Jan 2020, 01:09 AM

I mean they can't even counter regular mortars, so I'd honestly just stick to those. No fuel cost and less risky because a good AEC dive could definitely take out an out-of-position mortar HT, but barring a pretty large mistake or god commando play you shouldn't ever be losing a normal mortar to brits. They simply don't have enough aggressive options to push that fast.
7 Jan 2020, 01:30 AM

Spearhead is good for 1v1, just keep in mind you’re delaying the P4 by going mortar HT on top of a 222, unless you skip the 222 in which case good luck pushing.
7 Jan 2020, 13:52 PM

Spearhead is good for 1v1, just keep in mind you’re delaying the P4 by going mortar HT on top of a 222, unless you skip the 222 in which case good luck pushing.

good point. but what about a mortar ht later in the game specially when start putting trenches every where??
7 Jan 2020, 14:11 PM

good point. but what about a mortar ht later in the game specially when start putting trenches every where??

A Mortar-halftruck is allways a good idea, if you can protect it from tank-fire.

a. it doesn't have to build up and down, meaning your weapon-platform is faster than a normal mortar-squad.
b. fire-bombs became usful again, since last patch. Versus trenches use normal shells to save mun, you also get a garrison-damage-bonus that way.
c. it has way more surviveability than a mortar-crew, you can dodge Katjushas etc. by simply driving.
7 Jan 2020, 14:30 PM

Depends on what you’re doing. I like having a mobile army so I can attack any single point with overwhelming force.

I tend to go mortar HT in 3v3 when emplacements and static support weapon play is high, but even then it’s usually a single mortar HT to get some indirect fire and that commander tends not to work too well in teamgames.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★