Login

russian armor

New Commanders!

8 Nov 2013, 09:54 AM
Donator 11

Just found the details on the steam page, they both looks pretty good. Interested to see the Tiger Ace!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/249088/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/249082/
8 Nov 2013, 11:03 AM
Patrion 14

These are not free?
8 Nov 2013, 11:14 AM

2,5 Euro for commander was already high, but pricing 4 euro for commander is really too much. I really hope they review their pricing policy for DLCs.
8 Nov 2013, 11:21 AM

What about prices?

Price on their blog:

http://blogs.companyofheroes.com/2013/11/07/victory-at-stalingrad-launching-next-week/

As well as the ‘Victory at Stalingrad’ mini-pack, the ‘Turning Point’ update also includes new premium commanders (US $2.99/GBP £1.99/EUR €2.49/AUD $3.99) and skins (USD $1.99/GBP £1.59/EUR €1.99/AUD $2.99) which will be available to purchase on the Steam store.

And on steam store:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/249088/

Pre-Purchase Company of Heroes 2 - German Commander: Elite Doctrine
3,99€

Pre-Purchase Company of Heroes 2 - Soviet Commander: Industry Tactics
3,99€

8 Nov 2013, 11:25 AM

2,5 Euro for commander was already high, but pricing 4 euro for commander is really too much. I really hope they review their pricing policy for DLCs.

You get elite troops (looks like purchased Vet) + Panzer tactician smoke + what looks like mad ass Tiger ace which is gonna be just about impossible to kill with panzer tactician smoke :nahnah:
As far as Pay to win goes, looks like a great deal.

Which just reinforces my feeling, that this game is going to be an endless stream of OP commanders. >:(
8 Nov 2013, 11:26 AM

SOVIET COMMANDER: Soviet Industry Tactics looks interesting:

KV-2 Heavy Assault Tank
A KV-2 Heavy Assault Tank can be ordered in to the battlefield.

KV-8 Flamethrower Tank
A KV-8 Flamethrower Tank can be ordered in from the Tankoviy Battalion Command building.

Vehicle Crew Repair Training
Vehicle crews gain an ability to repair battlefield damage on their vehicles once they leave combat.

Soviet Industry
Divert manpower to the homefront! Vehicle and Structure buildtime is decreased; Fuel income is increased while Manpower income is decreased.

Repair Station
Allows engineers to build an immobile repair station which sends out engineers to repair nearby vehicles.
8 Nov 2013, 11:29 AM

SOVIET COMMANDER: Soviet Industry Tactics looks interesting:

KV-2 Heavy Assault Tank
A KV-2 Heavy Assault Tank can be ordered in to the battlefield.

KV-8 Flamethrower Tank
A KV-8 Flamethrower Tank can be ordered in from the Tankoviy Battalion Command building.

Vehicle Crew Repair Training
Vehicle crews gain an ability to repair battlefield damage on their vehicles once they leave combat.

Soviet Industry
Divert manpower to the homefront! Vehicle and Structure buildtime is decreased; Fuel income is increased while Manpower income is decreased.

Repair Station
Allows engineers to build an immobile repair station which sends out engineers to repair nearby vehicles.

KV2 and KV8 and repair station, f...ing brilliant. Can't wait to face that $#!^
8 Nov 2013, 11:54 AM

KV2 and KV8 and repair station, f...ing brilliant. Can't wait to face that $#!^

Just buy the Tiger Ace commander to regain the balance, see, the game is dynamically balanced with effort and financial support you put in this game.
8 Nov 2013, 11:57 AM
Patrion 14

4 euro is steep, and I am worried about tiger ace performance in teamgames. :/ Still, guess we will know next week.
8 Nov 2013, 12:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2013, 11:54 AMUGBEAR

Just buy the Tiger Ace commander to regain the balance, see, the game is dynamically balanced with effort and financial support you put in this game.

Remember that next time you are crying how AssGrens are OP and Panthers need nerf :S
8 Nov 2013, 12:36 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Pricing is ridiculous. Are there other sites selling these DLC stuff apart from steam?
8 Nov 2013, 12:57 PM

Remember that next time you are crying how AssGrens are OP and Panthers need nerf :S

Yup, so there comes to a relief infantry for Soviet side~ hope a T-44 P2W as well , the game is dynamically balanced as long as you boost your army with some real money MVgame
8 Nov 2013, 13:06 PM

Pricing is ridiculous. Are there other sites selling these DLC stuff apart from steam?

I wish! But I don`t think so...
8 Nov 2013, 14:58 PM

LMAO @ both of them really but the german one especially.

Its like they thought "okay guys what can we do to make the most hilariously overpowered commander in the game and put it in the store... hmmm okay purchasable veterancy, yes good idea! hmmmm what are some of the best commander abilities already avaliable... OH YES YES panzer tactician and jeager infantry upgrade, awesome throw them BOTH in there with it. hmmm now how can we top this off...? OH NICE YES LETS MAKE A PURCHASABLE VET 3 TIGER TANK CALL IN. MUAHAHAHAHAHA SPLENDID!.................. then... when its all said and done and a few weeks after we cash in on everyone buying this commander, we will nerf it to the ground to save our game, then make another one in a couple months, hell yeah geniouses! NO one has ever thought of this before i bet!!" all this in conspiring Mr. Burnes voice (from the Simpsons)

lol honestly... wtf?
8 Nov 2013, 16:32 PM

Can the Tiger one really be that bad though? I mean, just disable the thing and run away. Then when he goes to repair, indirect fire on it to kill his engineers. Then destroy the rest of his army and take the map.

He will have a Tiger with engine damage and literally nothing else, what can he do?

Okay, so this commander will probably only be used in team games, so his teammate will have stuff. Still, focus on the units of the player with the tiger it becomes 2 v 1+vet3 tiger.
8 Nov 2013, 19:02 PM
Donator 22

Tiiiiiger aaaace <444>3
8 Nov 2013, 19:18 PM

I cannot see how a (free) Tiger Ace can be balanced. Even though income is completely halted, you could just call it in when the VPs are very low to murder everything. There are almost no downsides in that situation.

Soviet industry ability also sounds OP as hell. Non-stop tank pumping with vehicle crew repair and repair station.
8 Nov 2013, 19:32 PM

How is the KV-2? I didn't get a chance to see it in action.

It should be like the ISU-152 with KV-1 armor... but with a turret, right?

What's its shooting range or any special abilites?
8 Nov 2013, 20:35 PM

How is the KV-2? I didn't get a chance to see it in action.

It should be like the ISU-152 with KV-1 armor... but with a turret, right?

What's its shooting range or any special abilites?

Yeah, looks like a close range isu with a turret,but the big feature seems to be that it can become immobile and starts shooting indirectly like a super mortar.
9 Nov 2013, 06:12 AM

Hopefully I'm not the only one who doesn't see the massive flaws in these doctrines. Let's start off with the soviet one, why would they place repair station and auto-repair in the same doctrine. Doesn't that seem a bit redundant and unnecessary.

They shouldn't have put the KV-8, whats the point of calling it in, yes it's a infantry-killer but the KV-2 can kill infantry effectively as well and the KV-2 can kill tanks. I don't see the point of using KV-8 and auto repair or station repair (together/ both at the same time).

Lastly Soviet Industry, seems good on paper, but your going to spend your fuel on KV-2s, which is a call in units the decreased build time doesn't really matter. Also after this patch, the player can build t1 and t2 much faster anyways. No one will use this doctrine after a week, just like the other previous paid soviet ones.

On the other hand, the German one seems really good. I'm hoping that the stun grenade will cost a lot of munitions. Panzer Tactician, is really annoying but at-least it got a price increase. I feel that G43s are insignificant, LMG42s are good enough.

What really worries me is the buy your veterancy, hopefully they significantly tested this in the beta build. Also I just remembered that they are completely changing veterancy. What they should've done instead is to have add squad leader, which will improve the squad a little bit (not a bump in vet) but also the squad leader will have a diverse weapon. For example, the squad leader of a gren squad would have a mp44. Just like vCoh

I can see the Tiger Ace being overpowered and broken, especially in 1 vs 1. But we will deal with it like how we dealt with the king tiger or for the release/beta vCoh players the "orginal tiger ace" in terror tactics before they replaced it with the king tiger.

Also the 2 free doctrines that they are giving us look like complete crap and no one will ever use them. Yes tank traps are nice but they should be a stock structure not a doctrinal structure. These doctrines were badly designed, have fun floating your munitions.

I think the paid Soviet Doctrine will be irrelevant in a week, while the German one will act as pay 2 win unless they tested it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★