Login

russian armor

Some change for UKF

25 Nov 2019, 14:59 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I mean, it doesn't take so much time to check that hyperbole doesn't hold ground.

On the other hand, it would be interesting to see how the balance section would look like if we discount the threads from just 2 users, 1 on each side.
25 Nov 2019, 16:51 PM

Then why are we blaming all other axis threads, maybe even legitimate ones, because of a single biased user.

Imagine if codguy were the example of allied UP threads and you will understand what I mean
25 Nov 2019, 16:52 PM

*stuff*
Allied and Axis Doctrinal Heavy Units - Open question but we will count as Allies since CODGUY
*stuff*
kappa :snfMarcus::snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter:
25 Nov 2019, 17:34 PM

Thanks for the feedback

I just added some changes to my suggestion

25 Nov 2019, 18:17 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Then why are we blaming all other axis threads, maybe even legitimate ones, because of a single biased user.

Nah, it's more about playing the victim card and been vocal when only 1 side is loud.

@OP: too many ideas at the same time.

I like the concept of brace been a MP drain instead of a fuel one. If that's the case then it should have a cd but been able to deactivate at will.

Pounder emplacement: i don't think that will work. The problem is not the type of unit it is, rather how the HP pool works. IF it can be made to behave like a Pak43 in the sense that you need to kill the models not the weapon itself, it would be interesting to see what happens but it will not help UKF at 1v1 at all and probably just power it in teamgames.

I wouldn't touch Comet nor Churchill for the moment.

Some further improvements on Hammer/Anvil could be done but it doesn't solve the main issue that glues together the whole faction. Even if you delay Bolster, it is just pushing the issue to later stages.

4 man Bren Sections should be viable and 5 man IS bren sections shouldn't be stupidly strong.
25 Nov 2019, 19:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Nov 2019, 09:13 AMVipper

Thomposn are SMG and STG are assault rifles, they are weapons with different profiles and they should not be compared.

My suggestion was to make create different tech paths for UKF and have bren work similar to bar and Vickers K similar to LMG42

But one could improve the sten instead of messing with the Thompson which is a problematic weapon.

They're both automatic weapons with weird profiles and are both very strong. I don't see why they are not comparable in any way in that sense. There's only one assault rifle in the game and only one SMG that performs like the thompson does so they're a lot closer to each other than they are to any other weapon really.

Bren working like a BAR would be interesting. It'd have to come with a removal of the out of cover penalties to reload, CD, and RA if it's going to be useable at all on sections though.

I guess if stens were massively improved and given to sections with some sort of upgrade that'd be functionally the same. But at that point why is the thompson so "problematic"? IMO it'd just be easier to give them a couple thompsons like the lend lease doctrine upgrade (which, as far as I can tell, isn't overly "problematic") and call it a day instead of making yet another weapon profile for a gun that already has 3.
26 Nov 2019, 00:54 AM

Reprofile bren gun into a BAR like weapon can solve the issue of attacking for section but may create problem with moving lmg blob at the same time.

My idea is not to copy BAR, since irl, event though can be fire on the move, the bren gun is not designed and not being efficient to be used that way.

So, I think we can add an ability to sections, either unlock by tech (platoon CP + AEC/Bofor) or vet 1. When activate, the ability will temporary remove the out of cover penalty and improve accuracy on the move of the squad, if the squad is equipped with bren then ability will allow shooting bren on the move within it duration.
26 Nov 2019, 09:34 AM

They're both automatic weapons with weird profiles and are both very strong. I don't see why they are not comparable in any way in that sense. There's only one assault rifle in the game and only one SMG that performs like the thompson does so they're a lot closer to each other than they are to any other weapon really.

The Thompson is an anomaly in SMG profiles created to solve a specific problem, to provide an upgrade worth taking over elite carbines. It should not become available to units that do not have that issue.

And not they are not that close, ST44 has a profile that is closer to SVT with a almost linear DPS drop off. Their main difference is the angle of that Drop off.

Bren working like a BAR would be interesting. It'd have to come with a removal of the out of cover penalties to reload, CD, and RA if it's going to be useable at all on sections though.

The suggestion is that T2 hammer unlock provides bren with no cover mechanism and 5 entities and anvil unlock provides vikcers-k with the mechanism and 4 men IS.

I guess if stens were massively improved and given to sections with some sort of upgrade that'd be functionally the same. But at that point why is the thompson so "problematic"? IMO it'd just be easier to give them a couple thompsons like the lend lease doctrine upgrade (which, as far as I can tell, isn't overly "problematic") and call it a day instead of making yet another weapon profile for a gun that already has 3.

Giving a stock SMG to the mainline infatry should be avoided since it will completely redesign the faction and it will allow to perform very good in both CQC and Open maps.

Thompson is a weapon that creates problems with relative positioning since it allow squad to fight effectively from close range even up to MID. That might be
borderline ok for squads like PG with their limitations but it is problematic with stock mainline infatry.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★