Login

russian armor

Grens need a tone down

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
23 Sep 2019, 15:38 PM

Why not remove panzerfaust from grens while were at it?
23 Sep 2019, 15:44 PM

Let's remove their rifles too, they can get a stock mobile machine gun for cheap 60 mini, it is OP
23 Sep 2019, 16:33 PM

Permanently Banned
Next codguy thread. Trees are OP because I accidentally fired my katy rockets into them.
23 Sep 2019, 16:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2019, 00:27 AMCODGUY

Yes they are the in the best place if all you play is Wehrmacht. Fallschrimjagers are in the best place if all you play is OKW.

Man, riflemen must sure be bad if you only play as the USF. Infantry sections must be horribly useless if you stick to the british forces. And as the USSR, conscripts have surely sunken in the shit so deep that they'd forget what the sun looks like.

Seriously,i don't see the logic of accusing one of only playing one faction rather than elaborating on your arguments that you have. This way we can, you know, have an nice conversation rather than a ''throw sh!t at the wall'' debate that seems to be all the rage in this forum, and most of your threads seem to be largely dedicated to throwing shit at the Axis powers without backing it up with evidence.

Also, are you seriously comparing Grens to Falls? Really?

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2019, 00:27 AMCODGUY
The point is the devs just don't seem to know how to balance Axis infantry. I mean I don't know why people think you can have a situation where you have cheaper infantry that outpreform more expensive infantry. For example, just try having 3 or 4 Grenadier sqauds together and they will kill about any number of USF sqauds and if you have 3 that's only 720 MP and 180 munitions...thats peanuts as far as resources go. There is no point for allied infantry units to be more expensive if you're just going to make Axis infantry as good or better. It's the dumbest aspect I've seen on balance.

Cheaper infantry CAN outperform more expensive infantry. The main thing you don't seem to keep in mind is that the usage of a unit dictates on wether it will emerge victorious or not, not the price ticket.

If you can't properly micro a riflemen squad against a grenadier squad, you will lose the engagement and feed the Grenadiers veterancy. If you cannot keep your distance against a shock trooper squad, they will likely wipe your obersoldaten. If you let osttruppen get 2 fausts in, you will lose a halftrack. A sherman will win against a Elefant or Jagdtiger if you don't turn around in time.

The price tag is an indicator on how much you can expect from a squad of soldiers or a vehicle, though this is also limited by its intended role as a unit(you can't use shocks against light vehicles, even though they cost more than a conscript squad that is cheaper and has AT grenades).It is not a one- way ticket for an easier engagement, like you expect it to be with Riflemen vs Grens. They fulfill different roles in their respectives armies and should be used differently; i'd go as far as calling it ''asymmetric warfare''(even though that applies more to partisans, guerilla's and terrorists in the modern world). I think you just have trouble or difficulty with this concept.
23 Sep 2019, 17:12 PM

Next codguy thread. Trees are OP because I accidentally fired my katy rockets into them.

Hey that happened to me and it was upsetting!
23 Sep 2019, 19:23 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Locking thread for multiple reasons, both for the opening post, derailment and other things.

If someone wants to open a new thread discussing the effects of the vet 3 change on Grens, it's free to do so.

Also, reminder, that you don't need to reply to threads which makes you feel that the OP makes an absolutely "outrageous" claim and you can opt to abstain of commenting and throwing fuel to the fire. Letting the smoke silently die is a peaceful approach (although i know fire can be more exciting, but then you need firefighters to put it out).

PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 63
South Africa 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %