Login

russian armor

CTD during MP play? (bugsplat window)

25 Oct 2013, 15:06 PM

Hello All...

So recently I have been getting a lot more CTD when playing in multiplayer games. I will be in the middle of an MP game (usually a good few minutes in 10-20) and my game will just CTD with a "bugsplat error window" showing. I then have to wait 6-7 minutes for COH to start "updating" again. This happened seldomly before but yesterday it happens twice and earlier this week a few times. Its not good and also makes me look like a dropper if I am losing. I don't know what happens on my opponents side but it probably doesn't look good.

Anyone else get this?
26 Oct 2013, 05:49 AM

I had this problem a few days ago everytime I finished a game,altough my game would go CTD with bugsplat at the end of the game,before seeing statistics,etc...and even won games appeared as losses,obviously because I dropped,no? :(
From 2 drops I reached 18 in 3-4 days...Update your graphic drivers,turn the resolution or video settings a little lower...but I think it is from the drivers,try these,worked for me
26 Oct 2013, 06:50 AM

Just to cover all the bases but have you tried verifying the integrity of your game cache?

Steam -> Library -> right click COH2 -> properties -> select "local files" tab -> verify integrity of game cache

Try clearing your playback folder usually located in:

Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes 2\playback

Also, when you get the bugsplat error window again, send a report. There usually is an auto-reply with a quick fix.
26 Oct 2013, 07:27 AM
Donator 11

It happens to me whena i have imported/custom replays in my playback folder. Deleting them solves the problem for me. Thats the only occasion that the game crashes so its got to be something with the replays.
26 Oct 2013, 07:30 AM

Yup, that was the cause of my last bugsplat as well that's why I suggested that he clear his playback folder.

28 Oct 2013, 17:17 PM

Ok thanks I asked around steam and was told to clear my playback folder as well. Haven't seen one this weekend but I wasn't able to play much besides on Sunday. Will report if I get another bugsplat and also be aware of conditions if it happens again.
Thanks all!
28 Oct 2013, 19:43 PM

I had random CTD/BugSplat crashes a long time ago. At first I thought it was a problem with CoH2, but it turns out that was just because it was the only game I was playing at the time. Started to see CTDs in other games so I did some investigating. Turns out I had a bad memory stick. Replaced it and haven't had a problem since. If the other solutions don't work, download and run MemTest86 to check your memory.
28 Oct 2013, 19:51 PM

Oh ok thanks. Bought a new Alienware comp so hope it's not that.
28 Oct 2013, 20:03 PM

Oh ok thanks. Bought a new Alienware comp so hope it's not that.

It's not uncommon for memory to be defective from the factory. Mine was new too.
29 Oct 2013, 21:21 PM

Thanks jmarks.

Did you have to replace it yourself or did the manufacturer get you a new one?

Never had any CTD with other games so might not be that.
29 Oct 2013, 21:38 PM

I had the exact same problem when hitting surrender or exit to windows.

30 Oct 2013, 00:38 AM

Thanks jmarks.

Did you have to replace it yourself or did the manufacturer get you a new one?

Never had any CTD with other games so might not be that.

I built my machine myself, so I went directly to the company that made the RAM and got it replaced through them. If you bought directly from Alienware, their warranty should cover it. To make sure that's the problem, be sure to run memtest first.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 56
United States 17
unknown 6
United Kingdom 80
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L