Login

russian armor

Best ways to counter Flamer Halftrack

25 Oct 2013, 16:49 PM
Benefactor 115

one guard squad + AT nades is enough as long as you have button
25 Oct 2013, 20:18 PM

hmm interesting strats. loving it.

Usually if an opponent goes 3-4 assgrens shouldn't that take a while and really hinder his fast tech to FHT?? By the time 2 assgrens come into the field you could probably have 3 almost 4 cons and some decent map control if you avoid him.

Even if it doesn't slow him down, I want him to follow up his Assault Grens with a FHT. As long you don't get pushed entirely off the field (which you should be able to do by keeping your Conscripts together) and can make it to a fast T3, the T-70 will hard-counter everything he has.
26 Oct 2013, 03:17 AM

You are indeed wrong.

Due to AG's being call-ins, and thus have zero buildtime, the third AG hits the field at roughly the same time the third Con does (+80MP).

/OT

wow I never knew Germans started with 40 more mp, thanks.
26 Oct 2013, 04:42 AM

Guards and AT-nades/AT-Guns sounds good and works in most circumstances.
A particular scenario that i have issues with is when my opponent starts with Assault grenadier spam and directly techs to flamer HTs. In this case i usually stall with conscripts at long range, in buildings or capping around where there are no Assault Grens. This however leaves you with little XP for the first CP that unlocks guards. So, more often than not the Flamer HT arrives when i only have 3/4 of a CP and no guards.

What do you do in this scenario?

You build T1 or T2 so you get the 1/4 CP.
26 Oct 2013, 17:29 PM

AT nade + ZiS will do the trick but you have to ambush the unit and be careful. Same goes for AT nade + Guards combo. Mines will help as always but at this stage of the game your Engineers can be occupied by some construction work so try to mine some roads in advance.

My general advise however is to avoid the fight (and not feeding exp) till some armour rolls out. T70 will do the trick same for SU-76 if you went T4.
Take similar approach when facing KV-8 as German. Don't rush, don't attack head on with your infantry. Always ambush and only attack when you're certain you'll get a kill as Vet3 Flametruck is a nightmare to deal with.
28 Oct 2013, 19:49 PM

How do you counter flamer halftrack?

Prepare from the get-go of the match laying mines and building AT units, be they guards or going t2 for ATGs. Always, always get AT nades and try to stockpile around 100 munitions on hand at all times for actually using them (so always balance your mine laying rate.)

And most importantly at this point: Pray that your opponent doesn't just build pgrens, capitalizing on the fact you're crippling your map control and anti-infantry fighting force to handle the potential threat of a FHT.
28 Oct 2013, 21:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2013, 03:36 AMOMGPOP
I think it's probably better to have one guard squad in a M3 over 2 guard squads. It will force the opponent to upgun a 222 before getting the flame upgrade, delaying the doom push. It works even better if the Soviet player can bait out a couple panzerfausts with the flame engineer M3 without losing the M3, sometimes it's enough to convince the opponent to not upgrade flame at all due to various munition expenditure he was forced to make. Another advantage of this approach is the possibility that Germans could make a mistake and allow the Guard M3 to chase and destroy the HT and/or the 222.

+1
29 Oct 2013, 01:23 AM

the flamethrower halftrack is a flimsy and cumbersome unit so it's easy to miss micro the damn thing because of how dumb vehicle pathing is, but with veterancy 2, the damn thing is near impossible to kill and can get away pretty easy even when it does make a mistake.

the veterancy bonuses needs to change!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS