Login

russian armor

WC51 rework

6 Jul 2019, 17:02 PM

Just wanted to throw out an idea that'd hopefully make the WC51 better to play with and against:

I'd propose removing its ability to carry a squad entirely and instead giving it the .50 cal stock at a higher price, like 260-280mp. That way it functions more as a harassment unit, providing long range DPS that USF sorely lacks in the early game, instead of being an annoying clown car wipe machine that's basically a one trick pony. IMO this wouldn't be OP because a) it's doctrinal b) it's less responsive and manueverable than the kubel and c) it's pretty much made out of wet tissue paper anyway. It'd serve a better, less cheesy, more actually useful role and IMO it'd be much more fun to play with.
ddd
6 Jul 2019, 17:10 PM

I think you missed massive nerfs to this unit in last patch, making it useless with any squad inside other than cav rifles.

Your suggestion is another massive nerf (200mp + 45 ammo is better deal in early game than 280 mp) that would ensure nobody will build this unit anymore.

Unless you think that this unit is overpowered even after last nerfs. in which case:

#nerfUSF #buffAxis
6 Jul 2019, 17:25 PM

Just wanted to throw out an idea that'd hopefully make the WC51 better to play with and against:

I'd propose removing its ability to carry a squad entirely and instead giving it the .50 cal stock at a higher price, like 260-280mp. That way it functions more as a harassment unit, providing long range DPS that USF sorely lacks in the early game, instead of being an annoying clown car wipe machine that's basically a one trick pony. IMO this wouldn't be OP because a) it's doctrinal b) it's less responsive and manueverable than the kubel and c) it's pretty much made out of wet tissue paper anyway. It'd serve a better, less cheesy, more actually useful role and IMO it'd be much more fun to play with.

No way. The 50 cal isnt that expensive and it already plays a useful role unarmed by capping like the kubel does and carrying infantry to capture points. The WC51 absolutely doesn't need another nerf and a muni to mp price change is exactly that.
8 Jul 2019, 07:44 AM

Honestly I think it's mostly fine the way it is. Just increse the moving accuracy of the sqauds inside and it would be balaced properly.
8 Jul 2019, 10:18 AM

I think the moving accuracy reduction balanced out this unit: it's no longer a wipe machine when chasing but still very good at forcing off OKW squads early on.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 316
United States 23
unknown 11

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak