Login

russian armor

Tiger Ace uniqueness

2 Jul 2019, 19:46 PM

Right now, the tiger ace is unique because it is tied to tech, and because it has the spearhead ability and blitz to start

During upcoming patches where all heavies will be tied to tech, the first bit of uniqueness will be removed.

Also, the spearhead ability is pretty busted. The amount of sight you get is insane! Couple that with the bulletin He isn’t called ace for nothing! that gives +10% sight radius you get vet 3 T70 levels of recon + 60 % sight
However, other than basically giving the Tiger Ace spotting scopes while moving, this ability doesn’t really change how you use the tiger.

And blitz to start is nice, but you get that at vet 1 with the normal tiger anyways.

How could this unit be made more unique?

Right now, Elephants are almost mandatory in team games. It would be great if there was an alternative to the Elephant

Proposal: the tiger ace replaces the spearhead ability with the ability focus sight

Focus sight gives the Ace 60 range, but has no AOE on the main gun, reduces the tiger’s move speed, turret rotation and the Ace has a 1~ second ready aim time at 40-60 range. 8 second switch time, can’t blitz.

The long ready aim time means the tiger can’t return fire through the fog of war

Tiger aces were also renowned for long range marksmanship with the 88’s insane range, so... points for realism I guess?

Disclaimer: this unit is fine right now, but this could make it more interesting. If it doesn’t, or makes it overpowered, well I’m sure you’ll tell me in the comments
2 Jul 2019, 19:54 PM

Also, the spearhead ability is pretty busted. The amount of sight you get is insane! Couple that with the bulletin He isn’t called ace for nothing! that gives +10% sight radius you get vet 3 T70 levels of recon.

For the record, Tiger Ace sight would be 35 x 1,5 x 1,1 = 57,75
T-70 at vet 3 has 68,5 in recon mode.
A vetted 222/251 with a spotting scope has 91 view range.

Spearhead also makes it move slower (-25% speed) and locks the turret in a frontal 90 degrees arc, so the tank is (theoretically) pretty vulnerable to medium tank dives when in this mode.

Though perhaps on the Ace, the movement penalty needs to be higher since the -25% is originally based on the King Tiger.
2 Jul 2019, 19:56 PM

i feel it's already pretty unique with the abilities, more health and more accuracy
2 Jul 2019, 22:42 PM

If you want something unique you give the Ostheer a Command Porsche Tiger. It was one of a kind, up-armored (additional 100mm plate at the front, making it 200 in total, which is even more than the KT I think) and was the command vehicle of the Ferdinand Panzerjäger battalion at Kursk, itself with around 50 enemy tanks destroyed while the battalion in total had a pretty good ratio as well but I don't remember specifics.

Too bad we don't have the model importing and editing tools tho, it probably would have been SORT of easy to just slap on the Tiger's turret on the Elefant's hull altho I don't really know how that works so I'm probably speaking out a bit rashly here.
2 Jul 2019, 23:20 PM

For the record, Tiger Ace sight would be 35 x 1,5 x 1,1 = 57,75

With the second Tiger sight bulletin and Command Panther aura it suddenly becomes 95,29. What you say about that!? :romeoHype:
3 Jul 2019, 05:01 AM

Spearhead also makes it move slower (-25% speed) and locks the turret in a frontal 90 degrees arc, so the tank is (theoretically) pretty vulnerable to medium tank dives when in this mode.

Though perhaps on the Ace, the movement penalty needs to be higher since the -25% is originally based on the King Tiger.

That's something I have found to be sort of true, but the ability to wipe AT guns with incredible ease all by itself frontally kind of annoys me (even when I'm using it I feel kind of scummy), and the fact that it suppresses infantry about 3x as fast as a vickers could also take some looking into. IMO the latter needs to go completely, as it's the only tank in the game to be able to do that and we don't really need a 1280 HP flaktrack that also has an 88mm in the tiger ace.

Whoah didn't know it only had -25% movement penalty lol.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★