Login

russian armor

Counter vs. Shocks..?

6 Feb 2014, 07:17 AM

I have a big problem with Soviets going for Shocks+Snipers and then fast-tech to su-85...

I always lose map control at the beginning (early Sov T1 means Shock in less than 2.30 minutes). Getting early MHT means not using munitions, so no firepower multipliers on grens. And MHT is so fragile to Cons At-nades...
If going infantry path with support weapons and Pgrens I am able to hold some ground, but I give away a large area of the map this way. I have no munitions to secure cutoffs and fuel territories with MG42 bunkers.
Due to lost map control my T3 vehicles come out in the same time as su-85s and are on disadvantage because Shocks and Snipers provide line of sight for them, and Paks are useless, due to shocks and snipers as well.
Any suggestions?

I know my micro isn't very good but c'mon...
This is the replay: http://www.coh2.org/replays/13732/another-lose-vs-shocks

6 Feb 2014, 07:40 AM

I have a big problem with Soviets going for Shocks+Snipers and then fast-tech to su-85...

I always lose map control at the beginning (early Sov T1 means Shock in less than 2.30 minutes). Getting early MHT means not using munitions, so no firepower multipliers on grens. And MHT is so fragile to Cons At-nades...
If going infantry path with support weapons and Pgrens I am able to hold some ground, but I give away a large area of the map this way. I have no munitions to secure cutoffs and fuel territories with MG42 bunkers.
Due to lost map control my T3 vehicles come out in the same time as su-85s and are on disadvantage because Shocks and Snipers provide line of sight for them, and Paks are useless, due to shocks and snipers as well.
Any suggestions?

I know my micro isn't very good but c'mon...
This is the replay: http://www.coh2.org/replays/13732/another-lose-vs-shocks

6 Feb 2014, 07:56 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

+1 T2 ASAP. You can also stick a squad into a halftrack and just drive around to all the enemy cutoffs. If he doesn't have any AT, you'll be able to cap while your mans just sit safely in the HT. They're probably whistling and filing their nails or something.
6 Feb 2014, 09:04 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Here are two replays that might help:
vs. Shocks
vs. snipers

In the first, I got a flamer HT and burned the living shit out of everything.
In the second, I used a lot of vehicles (HT, 222, Mortar HT) to deny his anti-infantry advantage. Even though the 222 died pretty quickly, it managed to do a lot of damage. This wouldn't have really worked against guards and snipers, but that's not what you asked about :p

In both cases the Soviet player tried to get fast doctrinal tanks, which totally blew up in his face.
EDIT: If they are trying to go for fast T4 while using snipers and shocks, you should probably be able to cripple their manpower enough to seriously delay the SU-85. I'm sure someone else has good ideas about what to do if the game goes on to that point.
10 Feb 2014, 21:04 PM

If he is going mass su85, why not go for elefant to outrange him?
7 Mar 2014, 10:56 AM

Nerf the shocks!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight