Login

russian armor

Can we have reload status on tanks

9 Oct 2013, 20:12 PM

I really would like to know when my tank is about finished reloading and ready to fire. This can help in two ways:

1. stop the tank soon enough before shooting to get the stationary accuracy bounce
2. ground attack on infantry units

The second part is particularly important because often a tank will aim at a squad member that is at a distance from the rest of the squad and leave the other members that are closer to each other. In such case even if the tank scores a hit it will only take out that one squad member. But if the shell was to hit the other clumped up squad members it would take them all out at once.

This can be countered by ground attacking where most infantry are, but since infantry moves its important to ground attack exactly before reload is finished. This is especially important for slow loading tanks like the IS2 and t34 85.

I think Relic should add a statues bar on top tanks or in the command panel to illustrate the reloading process. It would start blank and load up until ready to fire. If the tank never fires again the bar stays loaded.
9 Oct 2013, 22:09 PM

'Nice to have'
10 Oct 2013, 07:59 AM
Patrion 14

if on tanks, it should be on all units, mgs showing when they need to reload etc. That said, I dont think this is needed. It will more or less just clutter things up, even if only on tanks. If you need to know when to stop, try to measure the ROF of diffrent tanks and adjust your movement after that.
10 Oct 2013, 13:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2013, 07:59 AMLe Wish
if on tanks, it should be on all units, mgs showing when they need to reload etc. That said, I dont think this is needed. It will more or less just clutter things up, even if only on tanks. If you need to know when to stop, try to measure the ROF of diffrent tanks and adjust your movement after that.

Yes just like the mgs you see the status bar indicating how long before it completes setup. That feature can be implemented in the commands panel, this way it does not clutter anything, but will be less convenient to follow of course.
11 Oct 2013, 08:12 AM

I think this would put yet more strain on the clients.

Players like me who can only run the game at mediocre or low settings, would prefer not to see more demands on the hardware performance.
11 Oct 2013, 09:25 AM

Players like me who can only run the game at mediocre or low settings, would prefer not to see more demands on the hardware performance.

Dumb down gameplay for everyone just because a few people have Jurassic PCs? ...

It's not even a big change, but it's logical and would be really nice to have this.
11 Oct 2013, 10:06 AM

I doubt that adding a small GFX of a bar filling up will put much demand on your machine.

This is something I have thought about also, I do wonder if it would take away a little from the game however, timing and judgement might be removed.
11 Oct 2013, 12:11 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

+1 (but as a toggle-able option)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak