Login

russian armor

Why not Jagdpanther?

1 Oct 2013, 21:51 PM

The first time I started to play CoH 2 I was pretty surprised to see no Jagdpanther. I am not a WWII expert, so I don't know if that tank had a role in the Eastern Front, but I think it would be a great add.
Relic could add it in a commander pack. About the balance I thought it could be a kind of SU85. Same range and same vision ability but an higher damage and frontal armor. It should cost, of course, more than a SU85 but less than an Elefant.

What do you think about it?
1 Oct 2013, 22:09 PM

Part of the reason why there is no Jagdpanther is that there isn't too much need for that class of tank hunter yet.

Both T-34 versions, as well as all Soviet armor is already outclassed by every German armor. Since normal German armor can already effectively fight Soviet armor, a tank that can only fight armor even better isn't needed in the meta.

We will see it at some point, especially since they can reuse the model from CoH1 (ah the beauty of developing high res models to downres). But it'll come out sometime after a more T-34 friendly meta is established. Real world stats-wise, it'll be even better at killing SU-85s from the front, and we really don't need more of that.
1 Oct 2013, 22:18 PM

I am not a WWII expert, so I don't know if that tank had a role in the Eastern Front, but I think it would be a great add.

Jagdpanther fought on the EF.
As per a report for March 15, 1945, the total number of Jagdpanthers in the field, serviceable and unserviceable, East and West fronts combined, reached its peak of 199. Of this total, 123 were deployed in the West; 76 in the East.

Pages 42-55, 'Heavy Jagdpanzer - Development, Production, Operations', Walter Spielberger, Hilary Doyle & Thomas Jentz, Schiffer Military History

And this is only for the 15 march 1945.There were more jagdpanthers before and after 15 march on the eastern front.There were also some famous Jagdpanther aces on the eastern front like Hermann Bix.He destroyed 75 soviet tanks with his jagdpanther on the Eastern front in 1945.Hermann Bix was the most succesful jagdpanther commander in ww2.

Jagdpanther will maybe later added together with the soviet SU-100.

And i also hope they add the King tiger(with henschel turret).

1 Oct 2013, 22:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Oct 2013, 22:09 PMTurtle
Part of the reason why there is no Jagdpanther is that there isn't too much need for that class of tank hunter yet.

Both T-34 versions, as well as all Soviet armor is already outclassed by every German armor. Since normal German armor can already effectively fight Soviet armor, a tank that can only fight armor even better isn't needed in the meta.

We will see it at some point, especially since they can reuse the model from CoH1 (ah the beauty of developing high res models to downres). But it'll come out sometime after a more T-34 friendly meta is established. Real world stats-wise, it'll be even better at killing SU-85s from the front, and we really don't need more of that.

How much more T34 friendly do you want? There is NOTHING wrong with the T34 vs P4 match up as it stands right now. You need to micro your T34 and throw an AT nade on the engine of the P4 and it will win every time. T34 is only 280mp and 85 fuel and rapes infantry as well as competing with a P4.

A P4 is 320mp and 115 fuel is okay vs inf and good vs all Soviet tanks if supported. The thing you can not simply compare these two models in a vacuum anyway as there are far too many other elements to consider which makes both of them good at their current role. Guards, Cons and T34 combo at the moment is very very good, then again so is Grens, Shrek PGrens and P4.

1 Oct 2013, 23:03 PM

Because it's completely redundant with the Elefant.
1 Oct 2013, 23:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Oct 2013, 23:03 PMShazz
Because it's completely redundant with the Elefant.

Jagdpanther is much faster then elephant.He would have a completely different role.Elephant is too slow to be an offensive tank destroyer.
1 Oct 2013, 23:26 PM

Becuase there will be a future expansion or P*W commander which will include it
1 Oct 2013, 23:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Oct 2013, 23:26 PMUGBEAR
Becuase there will be a future expansion or P*W commander which will include it

I already have given all hope away that we will see an Expansion like in COH0.

Relic has made the stupid decision to add every Little fart as a P2W commander.Best example KV-1: Why on earth KV-1 must be a doctrinal unit?He should be a non doctrinal unit for soviet T3.

This game will end up having 90% of all in game Units as doctrinal P2W commander Units and 10% non doctrinal Standard Units.
1 Oct 2013, 23:32 PM

How much more T34 friendly do you want? There is NOTHING wrong with the T34 vs P4 match up as it stands right now. You need to micro your T34 and throw an AT nade on the engine of the P4 and it will win every time. T34 is only 280mp and 85 fuel and rapes infantry as well as competing with a P4.

A P4 is 320mp and 115 fuel is okay vs inf and good vs all Soviet tanks if supported. The thing you can not simply compare these two models in a vacuum anyway as there are far too many other elements to consider which makes both of them good at their current role. Guards, Cons and T34 combo at the moment is very very good, then again so is Grens, Shrek PGrens and P4.

Take it easy there Green, I'm talking about meta and overall game.

If the game was just T-34s versus P4s, it'd be great. But then there's the Panther, StuG, and SU-85.

But the real culprit, and the reason why the Jagdpanther are the call in units. Tigers are obscene right now, moreso with vet and smoke launchers. Almost every game will end up with some mix of tanks involving a Panther or Tiger unless it's over too quick.

That's where the trap of the T-34 death spiral happens. Where the suicidal nature of T-34 use ends up draining more resources as even the best players make mistakes.

And that's why they don't need a Jagdpanther right now. It just has no place.
2 Oct 2013, 00:17 AM

People already said it, but it's role is already fulfilled by the Elefant. If you made it faster movement, you'd have to either lower it's range or damage in order to balance it, either of which would make the tank too vulnerable to T34 ram, or just overpowered.

Regardless it's not needed. I know people love big tanks, but it's really not needed.
2 Oct 2013, 00:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Oct 2013, 23:32 PMTurtle

Take it easy there Green, I'm talking about meta and overall game.

If the game was just T-34s versus P4s, it'd be great. But then there's the Panther, StuG, and SU-85.

But the real culprit, and the reason why the Jagdpanther are the call in units. Tigers are obscene right now, moreso with vet and smoke launchers. Almost every game will end up with some mix of tanks involving a Panther or Tiger unless it's over too quick.

That's where the trap of the T-34 death spiral happens. Where the suicidal nature of T-34 use ends up draining more resources as even the best players make mistakes.

And that's why they don't need a Jagdpanther right now. It just has no place.

I have to agree. If the soviets had stronger tanks like the T34/85 in their normal build , then there would be a need for german tank destroyers like the jagdpanther, but there aren't so there isn't.
2 Oct 2013, 07:07 AM

Gotta put the KT in first anyway lets get real here.
2 Oct 2013, 08:15 AM

Agreed. Even though I dread facing that thing, it's best known for the Eastern Front first. It needs to show up and make itself known. If there is any tank anyone should dread, it is that baby.

Besides, I have 3 King Tiger miniatures on the shelf next to me. Gotta show some love for the Schwere Panzer Division.
2 Oct 2013, 09:49 AM
Patrion 14

dont see need of either KT or jagdpanther tbh.
2 Oct 2013, 10:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Oct 2013, 22:18 PMAffe

Jagdpanther will maybe later added together with the soviet SU-100.
SU-100 was more the equivalent of a Jagdpanzer IV performance wise. If it´s supposed to be balanced, I´d prefer a Jagdpanzer IV over a ridiculously nerfed Jagdpanther (compared to reality).
2 Oct 2013, 11:16 AM

Well, I admitt that the Jagdpanther could seem a kind of Elefant, so it could seem usless right now. In my opinion the Jagdpanther (even if it would be not historically accurate) should be the same of a SU85, just more damage and more frontal armor.
I know the Elefant has a better range, vision, armor, damage than the SU85... but it is too costly. Moreover it comes often too late in game. The Jagdpanther could be a cheaper anti-SU unit... at least in a 1v1 fight between a single SU85 and the german tank destroyer.
In short: I hate the way SU85s can literally make a soviet win a game. Yesterday I played soviets in Pripyat (2v2). My team mate was with arty, I had 120mm mortars and guards. We have been beaten at the early game but we managed to hold our ground. After the first pair SU85s we started to pull our enemy back. They tried everything: Pak43 (we destroyed 4 of them in the whole game), flanking with mass of PIV and Panthers, bombing, etc. Nothing could beat our SU85s behind a good wall of conscripts and land mines. It was ridiculous.

SU-100 was more the equivalent of a Jagdpanzer IV performance wise. If it´s supposed to be balanced, I´d prefer a Jagdpanzer IV over a ridiculously nerfed Jagdpanther (compared to reality).

It would be awesome too. Love the Jagdpanzer IV!

Finally: the Elefant is ugly while the Jagdpanther is fu**ing sexy! My favourite WWII tank. I'd love to command it on the field! :P

2 Oct 2013, 13:08 PM

Finally: the Elefant is ugly while the Jagdpanther is fu**ing sexy! My favourite WWII tank. I'd love to command it on the field! :P

Oh yeah.

And if they add the King Tiger too i hope they add the henschel Version because it looked much cooler then the Porsche Version from COH0.

2 Oct 2013, 16:56 PM

call something ridiculously nerfed even before it comes to existence.....
2 Oct 2013, 17:18 PM

Well, I admitt that the Jagdpanther could seem a kind of Elefant, so it could seem usless right now. In my opinion the Jagdpanther (even if it would be not historically accurate) should be the same of a SU85, just more damage and more frontal armor.
I know the Elefant has a better range, vision, armor, damage than the SU85... but it is too costly. Moreover it comes often too late in game. The Jagdpanther could be a cheaper anti-SU unit... at least in a 1v1 fight between a single SU85 and the german tank destroyer.
In short: I hate the way SU85s can literally make a soviet win a game. Yesterday I played soviets in Pripyat (2v2). My team mate was with arty, I had 120mm mortars and guards. We have been beaten at the early game but we managed to hold our ground. After the first pair SU85s we started to pull our enemy back. They tried everything: Pak43 (we destroyed 4 of them in the whole game), flanking with mass of PIV and Panthers, bombing, etc. Nothing could beat our SU85s behind a good wall of conscripts and land mines. It was ridiculous.

And this is exactly why it won't be added. How do you think the soviet players are supposed to kill it. If the su-85's don't work all they have left is their infantry which can't take out tanks alone. The elefant works because even though it beats all armor, it is slow and can be caught by arty and call ins. What you are proposing has none of those weaknesses and can be called in even easier.
2 Oct 2013, 17:26 PM

And this is exactly why it won't be added. How do you think the soviet players are supposed to kill it. If the su-85's don't work all they have left is their infantry which can't take out tanks alone. The elefant works because even though it beats all armor, it is slow and can be caught by arty and call ins. What you are proposing has none of those weaknesses and can be called in even easier.

I could say "how is supposed a german player to stop a SU85 spam?"

Anyway in my opinion tanks like Tiger, IS2, Elefant, ISU152 and, of course, the Jagdpanther should be called in one at a time. In such a way a pair of SU85 could, at least, damage it and force it to go back.
I also feel the pak 40 is pretty good countering tank-destroyers... russians could cover their SU85 with a Zis. It should prevent the Jagdpanther to advance at least.

Finally I see no reason to give russians this kind of tank and give the german not a true counter. SU85 spam is just containable (if you have tons of troops), but in many maps it gives an easy victory to the russians.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 28
South Africa 3
Germany 308

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak