Login

russian armor

How to counter soviet new mines?

27 Sep 2013, 19:15 PM

Anyone know the stats of that explosion? Or its name in the game files?
27 Sep 2013, 19:27 PM

Pretty ridiculous when the Elephant is 300 fuel and God knows how much manpower. Also, even the Elefant doesn't two shot a Panther.

Okay, let me say it differently.
Maybe it is true that a forward HQ and a vetted zig does deny axis armor that approaches head-on in a limited part of the map.
But I'd say that for the price of 500/90 you could also do that with an additional zig and a T34.
I used the forward HQ several times now and I just don't think it's worth it. Or at least it's extremely situational.
There is so much annoying theory going on in this thread. In the actual game the building just collapses in the first fight.

I **always** had the forward HQ die in the first attack (playing only 2vs2). The building just collapses. It dies to panzerwerfers and tanks, grenades, PAKs ... I yet have to see a fight where it would not have been better to call in a squad of Shock Troopers that you keep all game.
The area of effect of that HQ is very small, you have to keep your troops very close to it.
I never ever thought: "Wow, that were 500 manpower and 90 fuel well spent". I think it's gimicky.

I play 2on2 (only with soviets) and 1on1 (only with Ostheer). In 1on1, I never encountered a forward HQ. Maybe it is better there. Doubt it, though. In 1on1, you can not keep a significant portion of your army at one spot. That is something you can do in teamgames.

So, if someone is building exactly one FHQ (not abusing the free-FHQ bug), did someone *ever* have a serious problem with it?
27 Sep 2013, 19:35 PM

I played against it a few times. Never had a problem. Just grabbing a mortar and pak bring it down fairly quickly. However I can see in some maps getting a good FHq can be a big problem.. Then again it is expensive. The "free" bug definitely needs fixing since a sov player can always pull back to another FHq.

Oops but I digress and we are getting OT... I never seen the booby trap, what exactly does it do? Be nice if German minesweeper could detect.
27 Sep 2013, 19:53 PM

I played against it a few times. Never had a problem. Just grabbing a mortar and pak bring it down fairly quickly. However I can see in some maps getting a good FHq can be a big problem.. Then again it is expensive. The "free" bug definitely needs fixing since a sov player can always pull back to another FHq.

Oops but I digress and we are getting OT... I never seen the booby trap, what exactly does it do? Be nice if German minesweeper could detect.

The bug was fixed yesterday.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 21
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak