Login

russian armor

My attempt at unbiased Balance Post Patch

26 Sep 2013, 07:54 AM

Assault Grenadiers Simple change that I think would bring them in line. Available at 1CP, (potential MP adjustment 240-260). This would allow a German player to round out a 3 Gren, MG T1 with a great flanking unit used for harassment and flanking coming out last (instead of being spammed) and would allow the first pgren out of T-2 as dedicated AT which in my opinion would make things more fluid. The assault gren tends to bully a little to hard for being a 0 cp ability.

Ostruppen should gain more vet from taking damage less from dealing it. 0 cp for this unit is fine.

45MM At gun great idea and very fun unit easily destroyed by grenades and mortars as it should be.

KV-1 VEEEERRRRRRRRY Meaty tank. I think the insane repair time is more than enough to deter these from constantly pushing and tellers tend to do good damage (looking for some community input on this one).

Field CP Should not be spammable.

Stug easy fix imo zis like barrage ability at vet 1 (instead of target weak point). This would counter the draw backs it suffers.

Munition conversion seems fine.

Assault Half track expensive but effective seems ok.

Soviet Arty reduction in accuracy based on range increased. This would help to reduce base spamming, since it can obilterate several squads without warning.

For the motherland tradeoff seems fine.

Trapping a zone should require a unit present in the sector while arming.

Trench whatever its a moli death trap.

For Nullist ;) http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198073638730

26 Sep 2013, 08:04 AM

The soviet arty is pretty inaccurate on it's own. It's only after it attains vet that you can use it's precision shot to hit what you want at the cost of 50 muni. People seam to be under the impression that it is accurate while using its normal barrage.
26 Sep 2013, 08:19 AM

The soviet arty is pretty inaccurate on it's own. It's only after it attains vet that you can use it's precision shot to hit what you want at the cost of 50 muni. People seam to be under the impression that it is accurate while using its normal barrage.

Thats fair I have only used it 3 times but all 3 rounds landed where i wanted them to go. I appreciate the input definitely will have to take that into consideration.
26 Sep 2013, 08:27 AM

Thats fair I have only used it 3 times but all 3 rounds landed where i wanted them to go. I appreciate the input definitely will have to take that into consideration.

You must have gotten lucky. I tried to hit one of those big paks and missed 4 times. You have to kinda just fire it at large clusters and hope you hit something till you get vet.

You are pretty spot on about everything else though.
26 Sep 2013, 09:37 AM

Permanently Banned
Put it i n your sig if you want to make me really happy. Everyone on coh2.org should, imo.

Good analysis.

Except on KV repair time. Far as I know the repair rate is the same as any other vehicle.
26 Sep 2013, 09:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2013, 09:37 AMNullist
Put it i n your sig if you want to make me really happy. Everyone on coh2.org should, imo.

Good analysis.

Except on KV repair time. Far as I know the repair rate is the same as any other vehicle.

You are right the repair time is the same. However I have observed the huge health pool low damage means in an extended fight it must be repaired for time similar to a heavy such as IS-2 or Tiger. That coupled with its low dps, slow movement, and mid range price make it a balance nonspammable unit.
26 Sep 2013, 09:51 AM

Permanently Banned
Thats cos it is a heavy tank.

I understand what you are trying to say, but presenting its huge hp pool as some sort of minus cos if you soak a ton of dmg with it, it takes the nominal repair rate as long as in any other unit proportionately to repair, isnt a fair assesment.

It doesnt take any longer to repair, than any other unit, proportional to its hp. Its firepower is largely irrelevant to this, especially when you consider KV8, which takes just as "long" to repair.
26 Sep 2013, 10:05 AM

My teammate used the new kv1 tank against a tiger and it was a total disaster because it's gun doesn't penetrate tiger front armor, its too slow to flank, and obviously it cant ram. The only good thing about it in that fight was that it was able to pull out of the fight alive.
26 Sep 2013, 10:10 AM

That's pretty much as intended. Now, if you'd had say a couple T-34s flanking, or AT Gun, or an SU-85 backing up the KV-1, you would have made the tiger retreat while most of the damage goes on the KV-1.

It's supposed to be just enough of a threat so that it can't be ignored, but tough enough that it can survive what's thrown at it.
26 Sep 2013, 10:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2013, 10:10 AMTurtle
That's pretty much as intended. Now, if you'd had say a couple T-34s flanking, or AT Gun, or an SU-85 backing up the KV-1, you would have made the tiger retreat while most of the damage goes on the KV-1.

It's supposed to be just enough of a threat so that it can't be ignored, but tough enough that it can survive what's thrown at it.

2 kv1s were backed by my IS2, and the Tiger retreated, but from the IS2. The problem is that 2 kv1s hardly did any damage, although they fired many shots. They were just soaking shots hardly doing anything else.

Does anyone know the stats on that tank?
26 Sep 2013, 10:23 AM

It has the same gun at the T-34. It should not be hurting the tiger from the front.

However, from what you describe, it still did its job as they kept the tiger from moving past and going for your IS-2.
26 Sep 2013, 10:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2013, 10:23 AMTurtle
It has the same gun at the T-34. It should not be hurting the tiger from the front.

However, from what you describe, it still did its job as they kept the tiger from moving past and going for your IS-2.

t34 would have done that much better, for less cost per unit, therefore one must wonder in what situation or against what target will this tank excel?
26 Sep 2013, 10:33 AM

The T-34 would have been blown up in a few shots from the tiger. Even the tiger's rear armor regularly deflects flank shots.

Sure, the T-34 costs less, but that doesn't matter if it blows up and you lose those resources. The KV-1 may cost more, but you're far less likely to lose the resources you put into it.

The KV-1 isn't supposed to excel at any particular target. It is supposed to excel at being the target.
26 Sep 2013, 10:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2013, 10:33 AMTurtle
The T-34 would have been blown up in a few shots from the tiger. Even the tiger's rear armor regularly deflects flank shots.

Sure, the T-34 costs less, but that doesn't matter if it blows up and you lose those resources. The KV-1 may cost more, but you're far less likely to lose the resources you put into it.

The KV-1 isn't supposed to excel at any particular target. It is supposed to excel at being the target.

It takes 4 shots (no miss) for a tiger to destroy a t34. That's enough to give the t34 a chance to move, flank, and ram. More importantly, when the t34 uses its speed it can go behind the tiger and block it from retreating or even try ramming. The KV1 on the other hand can't do any of that, it can only soak up damage.
26 Sep 2013, 11:38 AM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2013, 10:33 AMTurtle

I think it's meant to be the P4 spam hard counter
26 Sep 2013, 11:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2013, 11:38 AMtuvok

I think it's meant to be the P4 spam hard counter

Still not as good as homing AT Nade that crit the engine on a P4 about 80% of the time, backed up by Zis.
26 Sep 2013, 12:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2013, 10:45 AMAbdul

It takes 4 shots (no miss) for a tiger to destroy a t34. That's enough to give the t34 a chance to move, flank, and ram. More importantly, when the t34 uses its speed it can go behind the tiger and block it from retreating or even try ramming. The KV1 on the other hand can't do any of that, it can only soak up damage.

T-34 rams were nerfed against heavy armor, it has considerably less effect, and is no longer a guaranteed main gun disabled.

T-34 if it goes behind a tiger, still isn't going to kill it. And 4 shots is not that long.

And I'm saying build nothing but KV-1s, but I am saying, you want that KV-1 up front in the Tiger's face as part of a larger army.

I think you have some tunnel vision here thinking I'm telling you to build nothing but KV-1s. The optimal army is some KV-1s, and some T-34s or AT guns. The KV-1 is what you move in front, taking the initial shots from the enemy, which allows your T-34s to rush in without taking extra damage to their somewhat low HP. This allows your T-34s to do the stuff you describe, without getting blown up instantly by a supporting Pak40 or P4, or just getting shot down by the tiger.
26 Sep 2013, 13:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2013, 12:46 PMTurtle
T-34 rams were nerfed against heavy armor, it has considerably less effect, and is no longer a guaranteed main gun disabled.

yes its random but has good chance to succeed from the back

T-34 if it goes behind a tiger, still isn't going to kill it. And 4 shots is not that long.

Not to kill it but to block it, also to cause the slow turret to turn around buying the other tanks valuable time.

And I'm saying build nothing but KV-1s, but I am saying, you want that KV-1 up front in the Tiger's face as part of a larger army.

I think you have some tunnel vision here thinking I'm telling you to build nothing but KV-1s. The optimal army is some KV-1s, and some T-34s or AT guns. The KV-1 is what you move in front, taking the initial shots from the enemy, which allows your T-34s to rush in without taking extra damage to their somewhat low HP. This allows your T-34s to do the stuff you describe, without getting blown up instantly by a supporting Pak40 or P4, or just getting shot down by the tiger.

No, I know what you are saying. You want it to soak hits, but if your opponent focuses on the main tank the KV1 will sit there bouncing rounds off the Tigers heavy armor. I just don't find it that valuable, but in time people may reveal better things abut it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★