Login

russian armor

WEHR Elite Infantry (Storm´s)

27 Nov 2018, 13:52 PM

Hello Lads,

First of all: This Topic is not supposed to be about crying or flaming from an Axies fanboy.
The last month, i focused my play on WEHR (1v1-3v3). I made it to Top 50 in 1v1, Top 10 in 2v2 and Top 1 in 3v3.

This Topic is supposed to focus on the call-in 'Elite Infantry' (*loud laughing), the Stormtroopers from Elitetroops Doc and Encirclement Doc.

'Stormtroopers are elite infantry fielded by the Wehrmacht in Company of Heroes 2. Initially armed for infantry combat, Stormtroopers have several useful combat abilities which enable them to cause a lot of destruction behind enemy lines. They can even be outfitted with a powerful panzerschreck to harass and destroy enemy vehicles.'(Company of Heroes Wiki, Stormtroopers)

'...have several useful combat abilities which enable them to cause a lot of destruction behind enemy lines...'- No, they haven't. If you call in Troopers from a buldig behind enemy lines, all they can do is maybe throw one bundelnade or cap a connection point, thats it. Like, compare them with Commandos: Commandos can easily kill retreating squads with theire high DPS (Don't wanna say that Commandos are OP, in my opinion they are well balanced).

'...They can even be outfitted with a powerful panzerschreck to harass and destroy enemy vehicles.'-No they can't do this aswell. One Schreck isn't even close enough to kill an allied light vehicle or even a tank. On the other hand the schreck upgrade denys access to StGs, which is the only way to fight enemy infantry with this Unit.

§40 MP are in my opinion way to much for this unit: Its like you spend 100 extra mp on a elite Grenadier you can spawn from a building but has no higher DSP without upgrades!

I also tried to play Schreck-Troopers like the mainline infantry from WEHR in vCoH....Result: It#s not possible. Why call them Elite Infantry if they can't even handle vanilla Rifles or Sections? 'Yeah, just upgrade them with StGs and they will own any allied infantry!' No, and a 100 ammo upgrade rly isn't worth it to keep things real.

My ideas for this Unit:
-300 MP (not sure about this aswell, maybe 320, because of spamming)
-higher DPS on the K98s if you upgrade them with the Schreck, more health.
-no more building spawn, no camo.
-if upgraded with StGs: a bit slower movement speed.

What do you guys think about this?
27 Nov 2018, 14:02 PM

Commander revamp changes:
Stormtroopers

Stormtroopers have been added to the doctrine. Furthermore, Stormtroopers have undergone a rework, to make them a more attractive choice across doctrines. This redesign intends to differentiate Stormtroopers from Panzergrenadiers, by moving them more towards a potent close-range unit, with strong disruption and ambush abilities.

-StG Package removed
-Bundle Grenade removed.
-Now spawn with Grenadier Kar98ks; can upgrade to MP40s for free (note these mp40s are unlike other mp40s, and perform better than Commando Sten guns). MP40s have a 15 second upgrade time in order to require more strategic deployment.
-Panzerschreck Cost from 75 to 60
-Decapture rate from 1 to 1.33
-Veterancy 1 Medkits replaced with automatic healing when out of combat.
-Stormtroopers are now equipped with smoke grenades and a special incendiary grenade; the incendiary grenade is similar to the Volksgrenadier incendiary grenade, but does additional damage to caches. Grenades do not share a cooldown. Incendiary nade starts on cooldown.
-Camouflage now matches those used by commandos in that stormtroopers can stay camoflagued for a short time out of cover.
-Can now place Booby Traps; similar to Jaegar Light Infantry
-Tactical Assault avaliable on cooldown upon being deployed.
-G43 Package now grants 4 Panzergrenadier G43s; cost from 40 to 60. Disables Tactical Assault and locks out Panzerschreck.
-Booby traps standardized to the new Soviet version (Cost reduced from 100 to 45, Damage from 250 to 80, AOE distance from 1.5/3/4.5 to 0.25/3/6) This also applies to Obersoldaten and JLI
27 Nov 2018, 14:06 PM

My suggestion:
Remove Stormtroopers from Elite and Infantry leave them encirclement and balance around that doctrine.

Move assault grenadier to infantry if they want a QCQ moving CP to 1 or 2 and actually fixing the unit.

Make elite able to faster XP similar to USF elite crews.

Remove g43 from Pg for "light infantry" replace with +5 PM40+ entity

Make Pg camo similar to commandos and now you have a doctrinal commando clone if one wishes for Jaeger commander.
27 Nov 2018, 15:06 PM

They perform quite good if you float ammunition and only play them with the stg44 upgrade and use their camouflage and bundle grenade combo. they are also great at wiping other infantry units on retreat with the sprint and tactical assault combo.

I would recommend testing them in the upcoming Commander Revamp Mod : https://www.coh2.org/topic/82176/feedback-for-commander-revamppatch
as they get changed quite a bit and do work a bit more like commandos with better camouflage and better short range while not costing that much ammo to spawn, upgrade and utilize throughout the match.
27 Nov 2018, 18:28 PM

I agree that they are pretty useless now, but I like the upcoming ones.
27 Nov 2018, 19:01 PM

Hello Lads,

First of all: This Topic is not supposed to be about crying or flaming from an Axies fanboy.
The last month, i focused my play on WEHR (1v1-3v3). I made it to Top 50 in 1v1, Top 10 in 2v2 and Top 1 in 3v3.

This Topic is supposed to focus on the call-in 'Elite Infantry' (*loud laughing), the Stormtroopers from Elitetroops Doc and Encirclement Doc.

'Stormtroopers are elite infantry fielded by the Wehrmacht in Company of Heroes 2. Initially armed for infantry combat, Stormtroopers have several useful combat abilities which enable them to cause a lot of destruction behind enemy lines. They can even be outfitted with a powerful panzerschreck to harass and destroy enemy vehicles.'(Company of Heroes Wiki, Stormtroopers)

'...have several useful combat abilities which enable them to cause a lot of destruction behind enemy lines...'- No, they haven't. If you call in Troopers from a buldig behind enemy lines, all they can do is maybe throw one bundelnade or cap a connection point, thats it. Like, compare them with Commandos: Commandos can easily kill retreating squads with theire high DPS (Don't wanna say that Commandos are OP, in my opinion they are well balanced).

'...They can even be outfitted with a powerful panzerschreck to harass and destroy enemy vehicles.'-No they can't do this aswell. One Schreck isn't even close enough to kill an allied light vehicle or even a tank. On the other hand the schreck upgrade denys access to StGs, which is the only way to fight enemy infantry with this Unit.

§40 MP are in my opinion way to much for this unit: Its like you spend 100 extra mp on a elite Grenadier you can spawn from a building but has no higher DSP without upgrades!

I also tried to play Schreck-Troopers like the mainline infantry from WEHR in vCoH....Result: It#s not possible. Why call them Elite Infantry if they can't even handle vanilla Rifles or Sections? 'Yeah, just upgrade them with StGs and they will own any allied infantry!' No, and a 100 ammo upgrade rly isn't worth it to keep things real.

My ideas for this Unit:
-300 MP (not sure about this aswell, maybe 320, because of spamming)
-higher DPS on the K98s if you upgrade them with the Schreck, more health.
-no more building spawn, no camo.
-if upgraded with StGs: a bit slower movement speed.

What do you guys think about this?

If you make them immune to all damage and suppression and equip them with a quick firing
flak 88 gun that destroys infantry, vehicles, planes, and invisible mines...
Give them unlimited range and the ability to walk at full speed while invisible in the middle
of a street.

That'd make them interesting, and kinda elite-like.
Also instead of weak PzFaust, Bazooka, or Pzshrek, they'd have PAK88 per model.
So they'd be able to deal 1 on 1 vs any Allied vehicle, or even vehicle blobs.
Then you spam like ~10x of these elite rifle squads, and then, perhaps, with skill,
just manage to perhaps squeeze a win out of these op allied no skill players.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★