Login

russian armor

doctrine suggestions!

1 Sep 2013, 22:23 PM

every time i get to late game in every match, i always have a lot of doctrine points that reached into the 10s without any abilities to use them with. it's cool to keep progressing during a match to unlock more abilities but there are only 5. so i think that it would be a good idea to be able to use 2 doctrines in one match.

like after the player get up to 6 points they could chose another doctrine. the abilities in the doctrine will have the same required points to unlock +6.

there should also be late game level 2 doctrines. they are doctrines that you can only unlock after 6 points. these doctrines would have OP abilities to help make a game end to a conclusion. the players would decide if they want to replace their current doctrines with a level 2 doctrine in the main menu before a match starts. for example, since you can only have 3 doctrines to select from in one match, you can either have in your selection.

one level 1 doctrine and two level 2 doctrines, or two level 1 doctrine and 1 level 2 doctrine.

if this is going to work some other things would need to be nerfed mainly the strafing run, and the opelz, even without my suggestions they still need to be nerfed.
1 Sep 2013, 23:22 PM

I noticed that as well. CPs keep building even though there is nothing to unlock. Maybe they intend(ed) to do something with those CPs in the future?
1 Sep 2013, 23:30 PM
Senior Caster Badge

I think it's because in vCoH if you unlocked the last thing your CPs would stop counting up and you wouldn't get the little +XP things when you killed someone, which was annoying. Since the +XP things now represent veterancy, though, there's no reason for the CPs to keep counting as far as I can tell.
1 Sep 2013, 23:48 PM

not sure why they changed the 2 trees doctrine selection, which was just more interesting since it gave an additional choice after choosing the doctrine.

What I really see as doctrine conception failure in COH2, is the fact that late game tanks cost fuel which forces you to not spend too much fuel if you want you tiger/85/elephantz/ISU which is boring. Should cost no fuel but come later CP wise IMHO
2 Sep 2013, 00:02 AM

not sure why they changed the 2 trees doctrine selection, which was just more interesting since it gave an additional choice after choosing the doctrine.

What I really see as doctrine conception failure in COH2, is the fact that late game tanks cost fuel which forces you to not spend too much fuel if you want you tiger/85/elephantz/ISU which is boring. Should cost no fuel but come later CP wise IMHO

i think it's good that the heavy tanks cost fuel, because it doesn't make sense when a player keeps calling in tiger tanks when they have no map control, making the shermans seem like a luxury when it's the other way around. i didn't like how when the tiger is somehow cheaper than the sherman because it cost no fuel.
2 Sep 2013, 07:40 AM

Nice idea, but it probably wouldn't work in this game. High manpower costs are just ridiculous to wait for, especially in the late game when you have a large army and your manpower income is reduced to well below 200 manpower per minute. The call-ins already require 500+ manpower (KV-8 and P4 Commander excluded) and that's quite a lengthy wait. Adding more manpower to that is not going to help.

Plus, some of the call-ins would just be OP and make other units redundant if they didn't cost any fuel (Tiger with heavy T3 and T/34-85 combo'd with Su-85 comes to mind).

@OP: I hope they'll expand on the doctrines as well, but it's probably on the back-burner for now if anything.
2 Sep 2013, 07:46 AM
Donator 11

I'm not sure about the OP idea, but I've been just recently thinking that increasing the number of doc abilities to 6 would make sense since every doc (or almost every doc) in CoH1 featured 6.

2 Sep 2013, 14:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2013, 07:46 AMThrill
I'm not sure about the OP idea, but I've been just recently thinking that increasing the number of doc abilities to 6 would make sense since every doc (or almost every doc) in CoH1 featured 6.

coh2 is not vcoh. its a new game and just trying to create vcoh is pointless... go play vcoh

if on the other hand relic decided that 6 commander abilities instead of 5 added content and fun to the game, then roger

but lets cut the "coh1 did it so lets blindly follow" robot mindset
3 Sep 2013, 13:44 PM

That's really fucking stupid.

If vCoH(By the way, the highest rated RTS of all time, let's not forget that shall we?) did something and it worked ridiculously well with no complaints for the 6 years it's been out, then it works well. Full stop.

CoH2 - the SEQUEL - is not it's own new game. It's a sequel. A sequel takes things from the old game and makes them better.

Relic hasn't followed that belief in nearly a decade(Stupidly) and the two sequels they've released(DoW II and CoH2) lose the original playerbase sooner or later.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 6
New Zealand 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment