Login

russian armor

Way does the T34 as a female Sound FX

29 Aug 2013, 14:32 PM

In the Soviet Army, women served as Snipers, Tank drivers, piloted planes and crewed AntiAirGuns(maybe other support weapons too, I dont know)

Not in huge numbers ofcourse but they were there and considering the times it was a very unusuall thing.

So yeah, there is a reason why they are here.

The Germans had much more, uh, backwards views on whats a "men's job" and whats a "women's"
so, as desperate as they were, they never deployed women, at least not in the numbers as the Soviets.
29 Aug 2013, 16:19 PM

They'll make better tank drivers than men due to their, on average, smaller size. Imagine a full grown man in a T34......exactly, stuff gets squished :P.
29 Aug 2013, 16:27 PM

It explains the horrible tank pathing in coh2....women lol, they cant drive.
29 Aug 2013, 16:33 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2013, 16:27 PMKnoxxx

DUDE!!! not cool

-1 :)
29 Aug 2013, 16:48 PM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2013, 16:27 PMKnoxxx

You sound like a really funny guy! Listen, I've had trouble thinking up jokes for my shoutcasts lately - do you think you could be my official joke writer? If you can consistently write jokes like that one, you'll be a natural! Just keep those solid gold quips coming, and you'll be rewarded generously!

29 Aug 2013, 17:24 PM

They'll make better tank drivers than men due to their, on average, smaller size. Imagine a full grown man in a T34......exactly, stuff gets squished :P.

Yep, actually in some Russians tanks the maximum height of the crew was set to 1.75m (5'9"). The smaller you are in a tank the better.
29 Aug 2013, 17:37 PM

Aye most tanks, most famously the soviet ones, were incredible tight,
the russians didnt give much about making their armour comfortable, like the americans and germans.

Guess the smaler you are, the better.
29 Aug 2013, 18:11 PM

You sound like a really funny guy! Listen, I've had trouble thinking up jokes for my shoutcasts lately - do you think you could be my official joke writer? If you can consistently write jokes like that one, you'll be a natural! Just keep those solid gold quips coming, and you'll be rewarded generously!

LOL, how tolerant of you Tycho! Women, they really cant drive. Don't deny it. One more thing before i exit left, you really do have a face for radio! [URL=

PS Love your casts!

PPS you look like your pigeon avatar. I get it now!
29 Aug 2013, 18:35 PM

rofl, post of the week!
29 Aug 2013, 18:47 PM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2013, 18:11 PMKnoxxx

LOL, how tolerant of you Tycho! Women, they really cant drive. Don't deny it. One more thing before i exit left, you really do have a face for radio! [URL=

That's a picture of me from about a decade ago. Here, I found a picture of you from a decade ago:

29 Aug 2013, 18:50 PM

That's a picture of me from about a decade ago. Here, I found a picture of you from a decade ago:

I looked so much better than you a decade ago!! So cute!!! Really though, who is the child here? Your response to my "joke" is what began this...expect me to sit and take abuse from you? lol naw bro....hell naw!
29 Aug 2013, 18:51 PM
Donator 11

+1
29 Aug 2013, 18:56 PM

I can't decide whether this thread is sad or incredibly funny :(
29 Aug 2013, 19:00 PM

I can't decide whether this thread is sad or incredibly funny :(

A solid mix of funny/sad? Kind of like Pigeon Shit, i mean Tycho.
29 Aug 2013, 19:04 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

29 Aug 2013, 19:15 PM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2013, 18:50 PMKnoxxx

I looked so much better than you a decade ago!! So cute!!! Really though, who is the child here? Your response to my "joke" is what began this...expect me to sit and take abuse from you? lol naw bro....hell naw!

29 Aug 2013, 19:19 PM

LOL YES!
29 Aug 2013, 21:58 PM

One of the more famous female tank drivers was Mariya Oktyabrskaya who was so badass that her life sounds like a movie, her husband was killed by the Nazis and rather than weeping she bought a tank with her own savings which she then turned onto the Germans:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mariya_Oktyabrskaya

Much like any minority serving in a war soviet women were forgotten afterwards even though made a impact on the war, for example during the rush towards Stalingard the German 16th Panzer Division, despite having some of the best tanks in the war at the time, were stalled by some young Russians girls manning AA guns:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1077th_Anti-Aircraft_Regiment_(Soviet_Union)

As for the west, had women not taken roles in very dangerous munitions factories then no one would have had anything to shoot with and the only nation that did not use women to the fullest were the Nazis until the towards the end of the war...
29 Aug 2013, 22:48 PM

I'd stop too if I saw a gaggle of geese menstruating and nagging in front of me. bahahahhahahaah

they call me daffy duck the women hater!!!

Good lord is that really a picture of Tycho.. good god.
29 Aug 2013, 23:10 PM

There was also a women tanker he served in an is2 with her husband during the battle of Berlin. I think some one might know who she was.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★