Login

russian armor

Suppression Bulletin - It's fun, really.

26 Aug 2013, 21:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2013, 21:19 PMraw

Edit: I want COHO's customization back. :(

Pioneers with K98? Sure.

I, for one, actually really like CoH:O and how it did things. The Bulletin system is like a bastardization.
26 Aug 2013, 22:26 PM

Coming from playing a coh mod like 3 years that had a doctrine system equal to bulletins, I'll reveal a big secret about this type of system. Free improvements of a unit type causes spam of that unit type. It's not a very good idea for gameplay unless it's pointless, and that makes it you know.. pointless. 2% more health for conscripts ain worth shit.

The reason the supression bulletin gets hated on is because it actually visibly improves the unit, probably too much.

I'll reveal another gem, one of the lead balance developers Pq also played this mod a long time and had extensive experience with the nature of how free buffs for a unit type affects player choice and gameplay.

The thing is that creating a complex RTS working the way COH works is super hard. It requires tons of talent, understanding of how multiplayer environments tend to turn out.. and a systematic mind.

COH1 was a fluke much like Mass Effect 1. It just was extremely interesting to play and well rounded. It had annoyances and it had some core gameplay which a lot of players found obsessively rewarding which is why it had the following and the type of following that it did. I doubt they realized how good it was and the teams following of to coh 2 just didn't understand what made the game good.

COH2 can still objectively be fixed. But there's no way to reach consensus in a reasonably fast matter, and games like these (niche) need to get off to a good start or have a resistent community.

I found the game fresh and it's fun at times, but it's:

- way more spammy / too many units
- hello mainstream purchasable DLC
- they made tanks/vehicles too important
- there's just not that "cowboy" feel
- grinding
- early game units get demolished by late game units, in coh 1 vetted early tier units could still participate late game against whatever they soft or hard countered

Its sort of the like the retarded game where one human slaps the hand on top of the other, guess what it runs out at 4 hands (normally).

You have sniper? I have SC. You have guards? I have flammen. You have su-85? I have elephant.

Then again COH1 had a lot of units that didn't see much action in competetive play for a looong time.

28 Aug 2013, 02:47 AM

Haven't even read all the post but, this is stupid. This bulletin pins, it does not suppress, but pins in 2 bursts. Suppression should not even happen until the 2nd burst. This causes instant retreat on the squad. Which allows the 2 MG, to flame HT, to Base pin, to P4 strat. Stupid. Stupid.

Four man squad does not help this, but because of the sniper situation I think 4 man squads are necessary. Maybe a MG health nerf will help for flanks, but back to the point.

This bulletin is stupid.
28 Aug 2013, 10:31 AM

It's not a very good idea for gameplay unless it's pointless, and that makes it you know.. pointless. 2% more health for conscripts ain worth shit.

For conscript health buff, it's 0% or 25$ - 2% health buff makes him takes the same shots or one more;
29 Aug 2013, 08:18 AM

The game isn't hard enough to balance, they had to add bulletin.
dealwithit.
29 Aug 2013, 08:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2013, 08:18 AMPepsi
The game isn't hard enough to balance, they had to add bulletin.
dealwithit.

and don't forget the DLC commanders.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight