Login

russian armor

pak 43 vs pgren shrek

21 Aug 2013, 22:38 PM

Hey guys

I play mostly german and have recently been struggling to choose between paks or shreks
At 1st I thought paks were useless but their rate of fire is quite awesome and have become viable for me.
I used to always go pgren shrek which is also pretty awesome but having the anti infantry ability of pgrens reduced wasnt ideal and the thought of losing a shrek to the enemy.
Also I thought that a looked after pak 43 can easily be recrewed and will never be lost to the enemy .
The 120 munitions used for shreks could also go to good use with flamers lmg or auto cannon.

These are just some of my views
Which of the 2 do u guys prefer and why?
21 Aug 2013, 22:48 PM

I prefer the pak, because I am already struggling with infantry. The ammo and anti-inf Pgrens help me there more.

I prefer the pak mostly because of its range. Pgrens with Shrek are prefered if the enemy only has Su85 and no T3.
22 Aug 2013, 01:15 AM

Are you talking about the Pak 40 or the doctrinal Pak 43 emplacement? Because it sounds like you're actually considering choosing between Panzerschrecks or the Pak 40 as your main early midgame AT source whereas the Pak 43 comes much later.

Regardless of which you mean, it really depends on the map. Some maps have a lot of munitions, making the 120 munitions for the Panzerschrecks very affordable. Lots of sight blockers also favor the Panzerschrecks. Others are rather small or have limited ways of approach, allowing the Pak 40 to be very good.
The Pak 43 is nearly always great when you can cover it with an MG and some Grenadiers. It really profits from having some sort of shot blocking cover or otherwise easily defensible position for it because it'll just shoot through all the terrain, ruins and whatnot.
They all really start to shine once working in tandem with each other and/or some other units that complement them well (e.g. Ostwind, Panzer 4 Command Tank, maybe Vet 222s or a flamer halftrack for recrewing and anti infantry cover).
22 Aug 2013, 06:43 AM

Sorry about that I mean pak 40 NOT the doctrinal pak
22 Aug 2013, 07:02 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

They all really start to shine once working in tandem with each other and/or some other units that complement them well (e.g. Ostwind, Panzer 4 Command Tank, maybe Vet 222s or a flamer halftrack for recrewing and anti infantry cover).

Especially when the Pak gets vet 1 and can stun-lock vehicles with Target Weak Spot :) If you can hide some PzGs with shrecks behind an LoS blocker, you can jump them out to get in flanking shots on a stunned vehicle.
23 Aug 2013, 10:25 AM

I used a pak 40 to cover my elephant from flanking in my last game it worked wonders
23 Aug 2013, 19:28 PM
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS