Login

russian armor

Does using autohotkey or macros count as cheating?

26 May 2018, 08:07 AM

Hello all,

I have been wanting to ask if using autohotkey to rebind hotkeys or using macros with a gaming mouse is considered cheating. I have read that this game has an anti-cheat system to detect third-party programs, so I am afraid it would detect autohotkey or macro usage and get me in trouble.

Since the game doesn't have a feature to rebind hotkeys by default (which I find a little silly), I simply wanted to rebind the tactical map hotkey (numpad 0) to programmable buttons on my gaming mouse instead. The tactical map helps me immensely in orchestrating plays, unit preservation, and map awareness, but it's on the other side of the keyboard when using grid hotkeys! Will doing this get me in trouble?
26 May 2018, 08:30 AM

Hello all,

I have been wanting to ask if using autohotkey to rebind hotkeys or using macros with a gaming mouse is considered cheating. I have read that this game has an anti-cheat system to detect third-party programs, so I am afraid it would detect autohotkey or macro usage and get me in trouble.

Since the game doesn't have a feature to rebind hotkeys by default (which I find a little silly), I simply wanted to rebind the tactical map hotkey (numpad 0) to programmable buttons on my gaming mouse instead. The tactical map helps me incredibly in orchestrating plays, unit preservation, and map awareness, but it's on the other side of the keyboard when using grid hotkeys! Will doing this get me in trouble?

100 % no.
26 May 2018, 09:46 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2018, 08:30 AMGiaA

100 % no.

+1

@ OP: we even have videos about how to accomplish this. ;) e.g. from Stormless.

A_E
26 May 2018, 09:59 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

No, and not even in community produced tournaments.

At GCS2 our first true live tournament players will be able to send their autohotkey scripts in for verification and I will preload them onto the machines.

The idea will be that only simple key rebindings are acceptable and not complex macros.
27 May 2018, 04:08 AM

Thanks for the quick replies everyone!

@ OP: we even have videos about how to accomplish this. ;) e.g. from Stormless.

Wow, I did not know there was a tutorial that mentions this! :D

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2018, 09:59 AMA_E
No, and not even in community produced tournaments.

At GCS2 our first true live tournament players will be able to send their autohotkey scripts in for verification and I will preload them onto the machines.

The idea will be that only simple key rebindings are acceptable and not complex macros.

Interesting, so something like simply rebinding a hotkey to buttons on a mouse would be okay, huh?

I appreciate it and am glad I can finally set up a really comfortable hotkey for the tactical map. Though, if I were to get in trouble because of it, who do you recommend I contact to resolve or explain I am simply using a macro to rebind a hotkey? I guess I am a little paranoid because I really enjoy playing CoH2.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★