Login

russian armor

Game balanced without su85

13 Aug 2013, 16:51 PM

Man every time i see your name in a thread you're always crying about the SU-85,
can you please explain to me how this tank is an "exploit".. learn to flank properly

stfu ... mods can we ban this troll already
13 Aug 2013, 16:52 PM

The su85+sniper+guard combo is breaking the game. Something needs to be done.
13 Aug 2013, 17:01 PM

stfu ... mods can we ban this troll already

it's because of people like you that the game is in the state it's currently in whine some more. ban me for what ? i haven't broken any forum rules, unlike you with you profanity in every thread reply, and personal attacks. kettle meet pot.
13 Aug 2013, 17:25 PM

Man every time i see your name in a thread you're always crying about the SU-85,
can you please explain to me how this tank is an "exploit".. learn to flank properly

Some of the maps (raaaargh Minsk) make it generally impossible to flank an SU-85 if it's well managed. Even on a good map, an AT nade or guard button will shut down any flank instantly and guarantee you lose your tank. Additionally, if a second SU-85 comes on while you're flanking the first (a very common scenario), it'll usually destroy a P-IV frontally before a P-IV can destroy an out of position SU-85.

Excepting that the Russian player loses all support units or overextends lazily and gets fausted at the same time, flanking an SU-85 effectively is unlikely to pay off even if you pull off the flank flawlessly. Saying 'flank better' is of no use for the StuG/SU-85 matchup. The SU needs a drop in one of damage, mobility or health so it becomes a unit you're forced to protect and support properly, and probably should lose the cone sight until vetted and get a bit more scatter as well.
13 Aug 2013, 18:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2013, 17:25 PMBlovski

Some of the maps (raaaargh Minsk) make it generally impossible to flank an SU-85 if it's well managed. Even on a good map, an AT nade or guard button will shut down any flank instantly and guarantee you lose your tank. Additionally, if a second SU-85 comes on while you're flanking the first (a very common scenario), it'll usually destroy a P-IV frontally before a P-IV can destroy an out of position SU-85.

Excepting that the Russian player loses all support units or overextends lazily and gets fausted at the same time, flanking an SU-85 effectively is unlikely to pay off even if you pull off the flank flawlessly. Saying 'flank better' is of no use for the StuG/SU-85 matchup. The SU needs a drop in one of damage, mobility or health so it becomes a unit you're forced to protect and support properly, and probably should lose the cone sight until vetted and get a bit more scatter as well.

yea but this is a map issue not the su-85
13 Aug 2013, 18:53 PM

Yes, change all the maps in the game because there's a unit that reverses faster than tanks move forwards.
13 Aug 2013, 19:18 PM

PZIV is balanced without SU-85, is that OP wants to say?
13 Aug 2013, 19:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2013, 19:18 PMUGBEAR
PZIV is balanced without SU-85, is that OP wants to say?

panzer 4 got nerfed in case you didnt realize ... it can hardly hit infantry with its horrid accuracy now. Its still a decent anti tank platform but next to useless against inf.

Su85 oth is still the same ... but good news for balance minded folks and bad news for soviet only whiners su85 will be defintely given a nerf in the next patch.

The days of spamming them and using a "tank destroyer" to spearhead assaults without support are over.
13 Aug 2013, 19:30 PM

As a Soviet player and someone who loves the game, I'm all for any change that will help the endgame evolve from its current PZIV/SU85 meta and let us see more tanks used
13 Aug 2013, 19:39 PM

As a Soviet player and someone who loves the game, I'm all for any change that will help the endgame evolve from its current PZIV/SU85 meta and let us see more tanks used

After PZ4 nerf I dont see that much spam .... but you are right. Nerfing the SU85 warp speed reverse capability and a slight increase in cost would make it what it should be a very potent SUPPORTING tank destroyer which can maul tanks but needs to be supported well while being very vulnerable to flanking attacks.

At the same time T34 needs its penetration upped to around 120 for better anti armor performance (it should still lose to a more expensive Pz4) and ram should be made a vet 1 ability.

This would make the game much more interesting by :

a)Reducing the current SU85 spam

b)More cool tank battles at close ranges

c)More usage of StuG's and PaK40's

d)force the soviet player to think before pressing the ram button on anything from an opel blitz to an elephant.
13 Aug 2013, 19:44 PM

Perhaps it's just the skill bracket I play in. PZIV is still pretty much the only endgame vehicle I see except for the occasional Elefant
13 Aug 2013, 20:08 PM

su85 is getting nerfs next patch and both at guns get buff.. at LAST!!
13 Aug 2013, 21:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2013, 20:08 PMMauser

Mind explaining where this information comes from? I think I may have missed something :(
13 Aug 2013, 22:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2013, 20:08 PMMauser

Haven't seen any change log news :o
13 Aug 2013, 23:09 PM

yea but this is a map issue not the su-85

Given that half my rage is Minsk Pocket related (I *hate* Minsk Pocket), I sort of don't disagree. But that's true of basically any map with a big openish space in the middle (Langreskaya as well, for instance, and Minsk Pocket, possibly Pripyat centre).

Now, if the PAK-40 was a good SU-85 counter rather than just a slight area denial; or if moving your SU-85 forwards was a bit riskier (whether that's speed, HP, whatever) and the StuG could tangle with it head on, when starting within range or hulled down or something (I swear I had a StuG get 2-shotted by an SU-85 without mark target last game... just ridiculous...) or if it needed spotters rather than just cone-sight etc etc etc then I think you could have a good game with the SU-85 involved on those maps. Currently all the counters are way too specific and are almost exclusively very hard counters (PAK 43, Elephant, the T-4 Panther but not cost-effectively) and come on really late.
14 Aug 2013, 12:33 PM

Yes, change all the maps in the game because there's a unit that reverses faster than tanks move forwards.

yes change all the units in the game to fit a particular map, because modifying the map is too difficult and would result in an imbalance,
14 Aug 2013, 13:05 PM

If I recall correctly, in that Propagandacast the German player didn't make any P4s - so the SU85 wasn't necessary in the first place. Maybe it's just that I don't see it that often, but the T34/Stug dynamic is more interesting to watch than the P4/SU85 dynamic.
14 Aug 2013, 14:48 PM

Panzer 4 with the nerf is nowhere near the threat it used to be. SU85 on the other hand has been untouched.

I thought the P4 was only nerfed against infantry?
14 Aug 2013, 16:41 PM

it was, but this is a German biased forum. i thought you knew
14 Aug 2013, 16:52 PM

I thought only the Scatter on the P4 was nerfed?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★