Login

russian armor

Bulletins make any Difference?

11 Aug 2013, 20:26 PM

I just don't see how they could make a difference. 5% on one thing 2% on another, is there really any point using them? Any difference must be so minimal that it won't change the game in any way.
11 Aug 2013, 20:33 PM

Some of them make no difference and some of them nearly break the game for an obvious example take the 10% more suppresion for the MG42 make it to pin enemy infantry in 1 full burst instead of 2 full burst.
12 Aug 2013, 20:17 PM

You might want to read this:
http://www.coh2.org/topic/5229/guide-on-impact-of-bulletins

Overall, I think especially the main infantry ones can make a huge difference, especially in the early game. Assuming about equal skill, of course.
13 Aug 2013, 22:30 PM

I) Anybody noticed the useless Bulletins? There´s one that gives Tiger, JS-2 and Elefant a 10%shorter buildtime... well, what´s the sense in this with a call in unit? That´s a relic from beta and should be looked into.

II) Some achievements are almost impossible to get: Let´s take the challenges for the Brummbär. You are supposed to reach vet 3 with 10 vehicles. This is almost impossible. I reached vet3 with exactly 1 Brummbär despite using it extensively.

III) Keep in mind Bulletins are useful to fool your opponent. You can often see which strat he´s going to do. If you see the scout car Bulletin, you can expect those. What I like to do however is either push Tier 1 units with the Bulletins, so my strategy isn´t obvious or I try to fool the opponent: Take both Panzergrenadier Bulletins for example into your loadout. You can now expect a lot of competent soviet player to go for snipers (worked about 20 times now). Instead don´t build a Panzergrenadier first, but a scout car out of your Tier 2 building and laugh. You wouldn´t believe how often that won me the game.

IV) Question: Are the both Brummbär Bulletins together worthwhile? Do they turn it into a beast? Offering 5% more damage each, and also 4% more accuracy and 5% better veteran gain sound also impressive.
14 Aug 2013, 10:01 AM

Thanks for the replies and link. That read was interesting and answered a lot.
14 Aug 2013, 10:42 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

I) Anybody noticed the useless Bulletins? There´s one that gives Tiger, JS-2 and Elefant a 10%shorter buildtime... well, what´s the sense in this with a call in unit?

:rofl:
14 Aug 2013, 14:30 PM

Only Bulletin I think worth to use

Ostheer
Gren +4% damage (still have something)
MG42 instantpin (0.5 sec pin a cons squad to red suppressed) WTF
then random stuff maybe PG exp gain bonus since they are all almost useless

Soviet
Cons health
Cons damage
Molotov range

all others are trash