Login

russian armor

CoH 2 DPS Spreadsheet

18 Sep 2013, 00:19 AM

I know, I have it calculated properly on my site :P
19 Sep 2013, 02:40 AM

Should be fixed in the DPS stats and suppression. Might need fixing in other parts too, that still use the other interpolation formula. Does only affect the intermediate values (the ones that get interpolated).

And TensaiOni - I'm sorry, but I personally think that this way is not "properly" calculated since it's a non-continuous function that has a major drop at min range. It is the way Relic chose to do it, so it's correct, but I wouldn't say it's proper. For example, closing to 10 from left and right for PGrens results in:
Lim x -> 10- f(x) = 11.35
Lim x -> 10+ f(x) = 8.11
Which means at range 10 the DPS suddenly jump from 11.35 to 8.11, the jump I was talking about. This results from the fact that the linear interpolation is done between (0, DPS_near) and (35, DPS_far), but values <= 10 still use DPS_near. My original assumption was that the interpolation is done between (10, DPS_near) and (35, DPS_far), which would have resulted in a continuous function, but was false :/ I'd love Relic to rethink if not changing this formula would be better, since such a huge difference in DPS combined with the fact that cover gets negated below 10 range results in a huge difference in effective DPS at 10 and at 11 range. Still I might miss something or it could be that it's on purpose to give players another incentive to go to close range should they have the upper hand in a fight. No matter why, the spreadsheet should now accurately display the values.
19 Sep 2013, 23:29 PM

Fair enough! Obviously I meant "properly" as in following Relic numbers used in the game. Since after all, that's the main goal of such stat sites.
20 Sep 2013, 02:53 AM

According to Peter it's supposed to be this way, because they wanted a sharp drop at 11. Well, I still think it's not very intuitive, especially for newer players :/
26 Sep 2013, 22:36 PM

just updated the spreadsheet with the new units and todays hotfix. added assault grens and osttruppen (with and without their cover bonus). i havent updated the vehicle specific tables (with shots/time to kill) but the actual vehicle tab now has the stats for the 250 ht, stug E, KV-1 and 53K 45mm. also updated the mg42 and maxim suppression tables.

let me know if i missed any changes.

EDIT: oh, theres no place currently for me to list this on the spreadsheet, but osttruppen have 48 hp and 1 armor.
26 Sep 2013, 23:14 PM

You forgot to change KV-1 rear armor from SP unit value.

You've also forgot to add the new arty unit.
26 Sep 2013, 23:25 PM

You forgot to change KV-1 rear armor from SP unit value.

You've also forgot to add the new arty unit.

ah thanks. good catch on the kv1. i actually realized i had the wrong stat i just forgot to change it. i did add the 203mm howitzer i just forgot to mention it. i do need to look into the barrage ability more because those numbers dont seem right. the precision strike and direct fire are correct though.
27 Sep 2013, 00:21 AM

Ah, alright, haven't really checked if that howitzer was there or no...

Anyway, found another thing - double check stats for Osttruppen Kar98, cooldown duration multipliers seems to be off. And that's (and maybe something else too) is making my DPS numbers for this weapon higher at short range: http://coh2-stats.herokuapp.com/small_arms/ostruppen_kar_98k_rifle_mp
27 Sep 2013, 01:03 AM

awesome. thanks for catching that too. it seem likes they made some ninja changes to the ostruppen that arent mentioned in any change logs as far as i can see. the old near cooldown multiplier was .5, its now .15.
28 Sep 2013, 05:54 AM

Thank you for the hard work you guys put into this.
Gotta ask though, are you guys going to do stats for vetted units?
28 Sep 2013, 10:44 AM

ive been thinking about adding this for quite a while now. im trying to think of the best way to add this. maybe some people could give input on what would be more useful.

should we include a tab listing the actual bonuses for each unit (and let you all do the math yourself) or should we have seperate dps/stats sheets for units that for vet 2 and vet 3.

the first option would be more clear as to what the actual bonuses are, but the second would allow for easier comparisons between two vet units.

also, veterancy is currently being reworked, so ill probably add this stuff after the veterancy patch comes out
28 Sep 2013, 10:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2013, 10:44 AMwooof
ive been thinking about adding this for quite a while now. im trying to think of the best way to add this. maybe some people could give input on what would be more useful.

should we include a tab listing the actual bonuses for each unit (and let you all do the math yourself) or should we have seperate dps/stats sheets for units that for vet 2 and vet 3.

the first option would be more clear as to what the actual bonuses are, but the second would allow for easier comparisons between two vet units.

also, veterancy is currently being reworked, so ill probably add this stuff after the veterancy patch comes out

My advice would be go for simple to understand. You will have a lot less explaining to do
28 Sep 2013, 10:55 AM

My advice would be go for simple to understand. You will have a lot less explaining to do

so which one do you think is simpler to understand? just simply having a list of the bonuses? or doing the math for people?

both are simpler in a way. the first is simpler for me to add, but its also easier to see what the vet bonus actually is. the second is simpler in that people dont have to fully understand stats or do the math themselves. for example, if veterancy gave something like a 20% cooldown reduction, that might not mean much to some people.
28 Sep 2013, 11:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2013, 10:55 AMwooof

so which one do you think is simpler to understand? just simply having a list of the bonuses? or doing the math for people?

both are simpler in a way. the first is simpler for me to add, but its also easier to see what the vet bonus actually is. the second is simpler in that people dont have to fully understand stats or do the math themselves. for example, if veterancy gave something like a 20% cooldown reduction, that might not mean much to some people.

Hmm, I think either way you go some people are bound to be confused and misunderstand it.

Me personally, would prefer numbers and adding them up myself.
20% cooldown, like you said can be interpreted quite wrongly, and you have to have core knowledge to understand what it means.

Sorry, probably not the best person to answer this one. Things that seem crystal clear to me may be completely confusing to others. My brain works better with numbers than words.

As you can see I am incapable of saying anything in simple 1 sentence.... :unsure:
9 Oct 2013, 03:55 AM

sheet is updated for the patch tomorrow. also added assault grens and osttruppen dps at ranges and time to kill tables. made a new sheet specifically for the 45mm AT gun and added the new vehicles to other sheets (250 ht is identical to 251 and kv1 is identical to kv8 in terms of how long it takes to kill them. Stug E has its own row).

also fixed a mistake where only 1 set of stats was listed for german bunkers. the bunker built by infantry is actually different than the base bunkers. different stats also means it has a different amount of suppression, so that has been added as well. also related to suppression, ostwind hull mg suppression has been added. it only has suppression with a bulletin, but its numbers are actually surprisingly good (better than m5 quad mgs).

one last unimportant change is i finally got around to adding time to kill tables for AT burst weapons (222, ostwind). still working on the ptrs. the formula isnt perfect yet, but its within a couple seconds right now. none of these are really that important, but well probably see more burst AT weapons in the future, so i thought id get it done. atleast we can now answer the burning question: how long does it take for an upgunned scout car to kill an elefant from the front? the answer: about 9 minutes.
9 Oct 2013, 04:10 AM

Am I missing something here, or does the Pgren G43 really have almost double damage compared to the Grenadier one (16 vs 30)?
9 Oct 2013, 04:27 AM

Panzergrenadier G43s have always been another (better, 30 instead of 27 dmg) version of the Grenadier G43. There was no mention of the Grenadier G43 in the patch notes. Maybe they changed it in the game files, maybe they forgot about it. Maybe Woof forgot about it.

Anyways I think it'll get the same treatment sooner or later although them being better at short ranges is kinda required because the other 2 PGrens are shooting their short range SMGs, so you'd have 2 super long range weapons and 2 close range weapons, making the unit kinda schizophrenic.
9 Oct 2013, 08:53 AM

Panzergrenadier G43s have always been another (better, 30 instead of 27 dmg) version of the Grenadier G43. There was no mention of the Grenadier G43 in the patch notes. Maybe they changed it in the game files, maybe they forgot about it. Maybe Woof forgot about it.

Anyways I think it'll get the same treatment sooner or later although them being better at short ranges is kinda required because the other 2 PGrens are shooting their short range SMGs, so you'd have 2 super long range weapons and 2 close range weapons, making the unit kinda schizophrenic.

yep. no mention of it in the change log. i cant check the files until the patch comes out tomorrow, but there should be no changes to pgren g43. like you said, i would expect its damage to change just like all other small arms.
9 Oct 2013, 11:53 AM

Are there any stats in there that determines how the weapon spreads its shots or targets? Or is that tied to an overall class for the weapon?
9 Oct 2013, 16:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Oct 2013, 11:53 AMTurtle
Are there any stats in there that determines how the weapon spreads its shots or targets? Or is that tied to an overall class for the weapon?

what type of weapon are you referring to?

for small arms, scatter is irrelevant. a missed shot will never become a hit because of scatter. scatter is just there to show bullets spraying, so we left those stats off.

for mortars/artillery, scatter is in columns N, O, and P. the distance scatter listed is the max distance scatter. the scatter ratio determines the amount of distance scatter that can be applied and this is based on the range something is firing.

for example, the german howitzer has a max range of 250, max distance scatter of 18.5 and scatter ratio of .074. if the howitzer is firing at 125 range, the max distance scatter possible at that range is .074*125=9.25. in this case it happens to be half the max scatter at half the max range. its not always that perfect. so scatter ratio just makes distance scatter scale with range just like angle scatter does.

for tank/AT guns, scatter is listed in columns P and Q. these weapons always have the same amount of distance scatter, so no scatter ratio is listed.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS