Login

russian armor

help with kv-8

6 Aug 2013, 20:32 PM

In the beginning I really liked this tank due to it's great effectiveness against infantry, but now I see that every time I order this not-cheap FT it is just being destroyed in seconds by a P4, stug3 or even PG with shreks. Can someone please give me an advise about how to use this anti-infantry beast in a more USEFUL way ?
6 Aug 2013, 21:09 PM

Dont go in against enemy tanks or anything Anti Tank (including shreks) ... the KV-8 has AT gun but its quite weak, even PTRS deals more dmg per shot... use KV-8 explicitly for larger blobs, against crew weapons, especially if u have problems with Paks and if you can flank it or approach it by side it will melt it
And i sometimes use KV-8 as meat shield ( it can rly take a punch ) in tank battles, its great with SU-85 cuz they have amazing AT + AI capabilities
Imo KV-8 is one of the best tanks (worth the price to the fullest) but its primarly AI and in taking out light vehicles, everything else goes out of the question
VRL
6 Aug 2013, 21:26 PM

If you are losing to pgrens with a kv8 there is something wrong with what you are doing. 2 bursts of fire and a pgren squad is dead.

And you said it yourself - it's an anti infantry beast. So yes, a p4 or stug will beat it, all tanks in this game need support or they will be torn apart nothing special with the kv8.
7 Aug 2013, 08:39 AM

Dont go in against enemy tanks or anything Anti Tank (including shreks) ... the KV-8 has AT gun but its quite weak, even PTRS deals more dmg per shot... use KV-8 explicitly for larger blobs, against crew weapons, especially if u have problems with Paks and if you can flank it or approach it by side it will melt it
And i sometimes use KV-8 as meat shield ( it can rly take a punch ) in tank battles, its great with SU-85 cuz they have amazing AT + AI capabilities
Imo KV-8 is one of the best tanks (worth the price to the fullest) but its primarly AI and in taking out light vehicles, everything else goes out of the question

used your tips :) helped me very much thanks !
7 Aug 2013, 09:34 AM

you are very welcome :)
Cheers
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment