Login

russian armor

any tips to get fast veterancy ?

23 Oct 2017, 21:43 PM

am doing some 1vs1 2vs2 as Ost mostly am asking if there are some tips to get veterancy faster ? and can any one explain the valuer of units or maybe post links related to the subject
23 Oct 2017, 22:22 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

This is speaking out my ass a bit, but I think this is all right.

Xp is based on the damage * value of the unit, which is manpower + 4*fuel cost.

Basically it's just a function of damage, and you get more xp for damaging more expensive units.

You also get some xp for receiving damage, but I don't know at what rate that is.

The only real way to manipulate it in your favor is to keep your squads on the field fighting longer. Use the vet1 med kits on your first squad to try to keep them on the field. The difference vet2 makes is massive, so if you can keep them on the field longer gaining vet faster, you can get a strong advantage over the opponent earlier.
23 Oct 2017, 23:02 PM
Donator 11

Tobis is generally right, I just have two things to point out:
1. Xp is based on damage and value of the unit, but the equation of manpower + 4*fuel is only true when the unit it as vet 0. Dealing damage to vetted squads gives your squads more xp as well. The difference is easiest to be seen on xp kickers.

2. You actually can manipulate vet in some ways. Most importantly, becouse of the equation discussed above, dealing damage to vehicles gives more xp. You can for example decide to trade munitions for xp by fausting your opponents or getting AT upgrades early on. You can also manipulate XP of many light vehicles, like 251 halftrack, by keeping it close to fighting infantry units. These LVs get some of the xp that nearby infantry gets.

Another way that some top players use to win the vet battle is to minimise damage taken at all cost. It can be done by the use of supression, early soft retreating from bad engagements and engaging only in green cover. This may mean that you will not gain vet very fast, but your opponent will gain it even slower. The disadvantage is that you may lose some of the resource battle as you are unable to push for territory too much using such strategy.
24 Oct 2017, 06:10 AM

is it me...or get allies faster vet, than axis tanks? expacily brits with it cheap tank commander?
1 Nov 2017, 13:38 PM

I know you asked for mostly Ost, but as USA you can use Rifle vet bulletin (duh!), plus extended range on grenades, so you can nade from cover often, lots of nades is easy vet.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 14
New Zealand 9

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment