Login

russian armor

Audio Set-Up

28 Sep 2017, 17:24 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Hey folks.

I want to rearrange the Audio-Setup on my desk. Atm I run my PC via Headset and my PS4 via built in screen Audio Outlets.

Thing is I want to run it all via Headset so I need some Hardware to bundle the Audio.

Anyone got some tips?
28 Sep 2017, 17:42 PM
Donator 11

How do you connect your headset to PC? And what is your sound card?
28 Sep 2017, 19:46 PM

I have an old pioneer vintage amplifier that all my audio connects through. The speakers are wired into the amp, and then my record player and my computer each hook up to the amp on different channels. I just flip a switch when I want to use one or the other.

My headset plugs directly into the amp so I can listen directly to whichever output I'm set to. I just have to remember to switch off the speakers when I have my headset on. :D

The drawback is that I can't have my computer audio and my record player with this aetup, but that's honestly never been an issue for me.
28 Sep 2017, 22:08 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

How do you connect your headset to PC? And what is your sound card?

Built-In Soundcard and via two plug-ins one for AUX and one for the mic
28 Sep 2017, 22:09 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

I have an old pioneer vintage amplifier that all my audio connects through. The speakers are wired into the amp, and then my record player and my computer each hook up to the amp on different channels. I just flip a switch when I want to use one or the other.

My headset plugs directly into the amp so I can listen directly to whichever output I'm set to. I just have to remember to switch off the speakers when I have my headset on. :D

The drawback is that I can't have my computer audio and my record player with this aetup, but that's honestly never been an issue for me.

I thought about just using an amplifier but that's not really helping, because I also need my headset for talking with other people ^^
28 Sep 2017, 22:26 PM
Donator 11

I thought about just using an amplifier but that's not really helping, because I also need my headset for talking with other people ^^

Built-In Soundcard and via two plug-ins one for AUX and one for the mic

If you use analog headset you can use just an amplifier. Just connect the headphone cable to amplifier and microphone cable directly to PC.

If you need audio to be mixed, you can also plug the output of your ps4 to soundcard input. If your build-in sound card supports digital input (for example optical) then this is a very good solution, you won't even need the amplifier. If it has only analog input then doing that may reduce the quality of your ps4 sound, so you may consider buying a mixer.

Additional thing to think about is whether or not your soundcard produces strong enough input for your headset. If the headset has more than 32 ohms, then it probably doesn't and adding an amplifier will improve quality from what you have now.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★