Login

russian armor

What do you veto for 1v1?

12 Sep 2017, 15:53 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I mainly play OKW so I know what to veto for them fairly well. How about other factions? For all factions I always veto minsk and la gleize. For USF I always veto Halbe, langreskaya, and crossing in the woods. What does everyone else veto? And for Ostheer? Soviets? and UKF?
12 Sep 2017, 16:07 PM

As a USF player I always veto all non 1vs1 Maps, then the ones that favour long range combat besides Langreskaya, which has a lot of room to flank and let's me use Infantry Doctrine really well, the last veto is for La Gleize because I hate snow maps.
12 Sep 2017, 16:10 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

When I play usf, I veto minsk, la gleize, bryansk (dont know how to play it whatsoever), westwall, angoville, and i think halbe. I consider semoskiy and angoville to be worse maps for usf than langreskaya and crossing in the woods, though i guess its different if you run rifle or armor for the flamers.
12 Sep 2017, 16:12 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

As a USF player I always veto all non 1vs1 Maps, then the ones that favour long range combat besides Langreskaya, which has a lot of room to flank and let's me use Infantry Doctrine really well, the last veto is for La Gleize because I hate snow maps.

Id also veto all of the non 1v1 maps except that i cant play westwall and bryansk for shit :(
12 Sep 2017, 16:34 PM
Senior Referee Badge

I try to avoid road to kharkov as well as much as i can. Apart from that nothing special probably :)
12 Sep 2017, 16:48 PM

Id also veto all of the non 1v1 maps except that i cant play westwall and bryansk for shit :(

Westwall is one of the few snow maps I can stomach, Bryansk is crazy good for USF so I like it a lot, not the best but not the worst maps.
What issues are you running into Westwall? Besides the bugged MG bunker on north and the easy to camp cutoff in the south with infiltration units, it's an okay map otherwise, if a bit annoying because snow.
12 Sep 2017, 17:23 PM
Senior Caster Badge

The Gamemode. lul
12 Sep 2017, 17:26 PM
Senior Referee Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2017, 17:23 PMd0ggY
The Gamemode. lul

Damn son
12 Sep 2017, 17:30 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Damn son

Kappa. But if i had to Veto maps it would be for sure Semoisky Summer, Caen and Bryansk Forest and Halbe.

Others are more depending on the factions i would play
12 Sep 2017, 20:00 PM

As USF, LaGleise, Lost Glider and Halbe.
LaGleise, too much concret buildings. Its an infiltration fest map coupled to an easy time to build a stronghold as OKW north or south close to munition points.
Lost Glider, too much concret buildings at key points and strongly advantage long range weapons while in the center the church deny any cover play. Again, infiltration unit fest map here with two concret buildings close to VPs...
Halbe has probably be design by someone who hates USF.

I could manage to ban Westwall but I like to test maps a lot before that. Here again, strong advantage to long range weapon + super easy way to build stronghold as OKW.
12 Sep 2017, 21:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2017, 20:00 PMEsxile
As USF, LaGleise, Lost Glider and Halbe.
LaGleise, too much concret buildings. Its an infiltration fest map coupled to an easy time to build a stronghold as OKW north or south close to munition points.
Lost Glider, too much concret buildings at key points and strongly advantage long range weapons while in the center the church deny any cover play. Again, infiltration unit fest map here with two concret buildings close to VPs...
Halbe has probably be design by someone who hates USF.

I could manage to ban Westwall but I like to test maps a lot before that. Here again, strong advantage to long range weapon + super easy way to build stronghold as OKW.

I do like Lost Glider though, Armor is super good on it, I don't think there is any map where OKW can't do their Truck Carnival protecting their ISGs.
12 Sep 2017, 22:13 PM

I actually have had really good games on westwall as usf surprisingly enough. Mechanized does some pretty good work there, and raks often hit the ground trying to shoot tanks and stuff due to elevation changes. It's got open areas that are actually pretty good for flanking and smart fighting with riflemen.

I always veto Minsk, Bryansk, crossing in the woods, halbe, la gleize, both semoskiys, and Caen (I hate how the cutoffs and resources are set up there for some reason). I add all the other modes for more 1v1 vetoes and faster matches, since I only veto a few teamgame maps.
13 Sep 2017, 06:39 AM

I do like Lost Glider though, Armor is super good on it, I don't think there is any map where OKW can't do their Truck Carnival protecting their ISGs.

Armor and EZ8 doctrines are good on it but still, the map advantage both Ostheer and OKW vs USF. LaGleize gives such a huge advantage to OKW simcity, that's why I veto the map.

What I'm surprised is people banning Bryank Forest as USF. The map gives good advantage to USF if you are careful to not fall in early OKW traps (Sturm hidden behind a corner raping your first squad). Lot of flank room, few cutoffs, advantage to midrange weapons, great use of Smoke grenade, almost no buildings.

As Ostheer I always use G43 spam/blob on this map, have a great result with as well.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 4
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment