Login

russian armor

Fontenay-le-Pesnel

19 Aug 2017, 19:09 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Feedback for Fontenay-le-Pesnel
19 Aug 2017, 19:13 PM

As I said in the other thread:
Tried Fontenay-le-Pesnel out and it doesn't seem to be a bad map. Doesn't have glaring serious problems but something about it doesn't look right, maybe the water is flowing too fast. I like how garrison are designed to be somewhat awkward to use because that prevents camping with mgs. Sight blockers around the central vp make for easy use of assault units and the frontline is wide and allows for flanking. With the cutoffs being a bit too safe for my liking and muni points and side vps hard to contest it may often develop into a grinding stall on the central vp, but more testing is needed to see if that's the actual case.
19 Aug 2017, 19:17 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Major pathing issues all across the middle river, make less than desirable movement happen. I don't think it was intended, but on medium vehicles it is extremely noticeable
19 Aug 2017, 19:18 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

From the times that I have playtested it (3) it does turn into one of two things, Pak / mg arty fest over mid VP or huge all ins to the further VP across the river where you wind up fighting in almost entirely negative cover.
21 Aug 2017, 16:58 PM

GOOD:
1. Map looks good. Water is a little fast and disorienting but not a problem. It would be cool if the water could push infantry around when going this fast.

BAD:
1. The far Left and Right hedgerows along the river are a little large and create choke points.
2. The smaller hedgerows are not totally balanced as the south hedge has a hole in it.
3. Fighting across the red cover river may be an issue leaving artillery and indirect fire to decide the winner. There are some good flanking areas so time will tell if this is the case.
4. The interactivity stage has corners which will stop camera movement in odd ways when panning around that area.

POSSIBLE CHANGES:
1. Could use some more splats/splines and possibly alpha blending on existing items.
2. The upper fuel point area feels unfinished. Could use some hedges or posts to punch it up visually.
3. The tank traps along the middle may hinder vehicle play. I did not have major issues but its possible and deserves a second look.
4. Some object placements may hinder light vehicles such as the wood pile/dead truck outside the north base. Items could be moved away/close to create larger paths thru the area.

SCORE:
8/10 - This map is very close to great. With some visual and hedgerow adjustments it could be great. Time will tell if top players veto it due to the large red cover river area.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★