Login

russian armor

Usefulness of assault engineers?

3 Aug 2017, 17:56 PM

I recently have decided to use armor company more (mostly for M10 in 1v1s) but I don't really know that much about assault engineers other than their reinforce cost is stupid and they have flamers and mines. Any tips/thoughts/sugestions? Also, how useful is the crew thompson upgrade?
3 Aug 2017, 18:15 PM

I think most people would say they are only good for demo charge abuse (and minor perk if it's a garrison heavy map with flamer). Personally I find that they just bleed MP for little return as a combat unit- though they might be okay on certain maps like Caen and the bottom half of Bry. Forrest if you feel like experimenting.

I don't think I've ever seen anybody use the crew thompsons well since vehicle crews get raped by everything...
3 Aug 2017, 19:15 PM

I only use them after 15 to 20 minutes in the game. I call them in around that time and use them for demo charges, which my opponent forgets to check for since he is a] fighting USF and b] he hasn't seen any armor company give aways until then, so he won't check for demos.
3 Aug 2017, 20:34 PM

Flames, demos and mines. They're good for what they do.
3 Aug 2017, 20:50 PM

Yeah, flamer/demos/mines. They're too expensive and squishy for normal combat use. Elite Vehicle crews are also a huge waste of munis, too squishy and stupidly expensive.
3 Aug 2017, 21:14 PM

You've meant "uselessness", right? Except maybe for demos.

I have high hopes for next FBP version.
3 Aug 2017, 22:21 PM

I think most people would say they are only good for demo charge abuse (and minor perk if it's a garrison heavy map with flamer). Personally I find that they just bleed MP for little return as a combat unit- though they might be okay on certain maps like Caen and the bottom half of Bry. Forrest if you feel like experimenting.

I don't think I've ever seen anybody use the crew thompsons well since vehicle crews get raped by everything...

Yeah I mostly are interested in them to clear garrisons on maps like semoskiy or arnhem checkpoint since its really hard to clear all those houses without wasting a ton of muni chucking nades everywhere, especially against okw, who just pop out and back in. Having demos and mines is definitely nice though.
I only use them after 15 to 20 minutes in the game. I call them in around that time and use them for demo charges, which my opponent forgets to check for since he is a] fighting USF and b] he hasn't seen any armor company give aways until then, so he won't check for demos.

Really? You call them in that late? Although, demos out of nowhere must be really funny.
3 Aug 2017, 22:44 PM
Donator 11

Their received accuracy and cost is IMO the real issue with the unit. They seem like a fair unit combat wise but they are so brittle its hard to keep them alive due to how close they have in order to be potent/useful.

I would first adjust their received accuracy, then go for cost, last Maybeeee a Thompson upgrade but as it stands I like their damage output.
3 Aug 2017, 23:49 PM

technically speaking, assault engineer are going to bleed your MP way too fast in early game and so i didn't see any so called 'coh2 pro' use them.

But i believe that since Coh2 units are so well balanced you could find a way to make them usefull in mid to late game, by upgrading them with flame (which is something that USF lacks) and also by laying down cheap mines (which is another thing that USF faction lacks).

Just avoid buying them in the first 5 min.

About the crew thomson upgrade, i have this too not seen many people use it since crew member have a high hitbox and thomson are a close range weapon, they will get rekt before they manage to get close enough to their ennemy. better keep them inside their tank.
4 Aug 2017, 09:34 AM

Really? You call them in that late? Although, demos out of nowhere must be really funny.

Yes. I Always do this when I use the doctrine. Nobody ever expects it lol. It is a guaranteed squad wipe. Most sweet of all the wipes are obers and lmg grens.
4 Aug 2017, 13:32 PM

Yeah I mostly are interested in them to clear garrisons on maps like semoskiy or arnhem checkpoint since its really hard to clear all those houses without wasting a ton of muni chucking nades everywhere,

Personally I keep Rifle Company in my load-out for times like those - Flamer REs scale better with their 5th man at Vet 3 and the Flamer helps them Vet really fast to get to that point. Throw in White Phosphorus as a cheap-ish Off-map to harass support weapons and it performs that role a lot better than Armor Company. The only draw-back being of course that Easy 8 spam is a lot harder to achieve than M10 gangbang.
4 Aug 2017, 15:12 PM

Although it's misleading, Caen doesn't have many buildings. IIRC, it has as many as Angoville or Kholodney Ferma, so I don't see how assault engineers fair any better on that map compared to others.
4 Aug 2017, 17:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Aug 2017, 15:12 PMNosliw

Although it's misleading, Caen doesn't have many buildings. IIRC, it has as many as Angoville or Kholodney Ferma, so I don't see how assault engineers fair any better on that map compared to others.

I was thinking more in terms of it being a pretty CQC map where Ass Engis would do okay with just their default grease guns and you wouldn't suffer as much from losing models while trying to close in.
6 Aug 2017, 10:51 AM

- generalist mines ( I just hope they will plant faster like other engineer units, not same speed as Rifleman) .
- demo charge
- flamethrower in the building domination maps .
- repair bonus ans superglue Critical vehicle damage repair (can be a lot useful for stolen opponents abandon tanks) .
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★