Login

russian armor

Ghosting still in the game

15 May 2017, 10:17 AM

In live game, unbuilt sandbags/tank traps/whatever are auto-destroyed whenever a unit moves too far away, but the problem of units able to start building in combat makes for some retarded plays like blocking retreats, blocking tanks and favours bug play rather than actual skill. Talisman vs Fredbrik is a very good example of what you can do with any unit that can build sandbags.

My suggestion would be that units cannot start building while in combat(however, they can still continue to build if they are start engaged while building) so that ghosting still doesn't work against retreating units/tanks.
15 May 2017, 11:22 AM
Patrion 15

Starting from your last. Sometimes I want o to take that chance of building a sandbag with two units If I feel confident about range, even when under fire. It would take so much out of the game.

In my opinion, Ghosting was only a problem because It took half a minute to full minute, to break an unfinished structure. Recent patches did fix this nonsense.

About blocking vehicles, It is actually a very hard thing to do in an actual match! Even though I'm in favor of ghost-blocking should be in the game I think It gives no chance to a vehicle once It's hooked! Because It takes forever to accelerate or move I think the game should at least give a little chance If a vehicle got caught up. My suggestion is only to give a cooldown (1.5 seconds) to use these ghosting abilities(wire, sandbag, etc..) again.

Also, that match is entirely his fault to getting caught again and again. He saw that opponent was seeking ghosting opportunities and knowingly put his p2 into infantryman and lost because of It. I don't think that game was a good example of ghosting but It's a very good example of "raging about mechanics while ongoing tournament could affect your mental stability and cost you a game".
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 21
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment