Login

russian armor

How is Mechanized Assault in 2v2?

15 Apr 2017, 01:53 AM

How is this Ostheer commander performs overall in 2v2? Haven't actually try it or use it a lot, but since I have to be fighting in quite a lot of urban maps recently... I'm considering put it into my 2v2 loadout. However, i'm really struggle at which commander to replace it with: Encirclement, Jaeger Armour or Fortified Armour? Is it worth it to put it in?‎
15 Apr 2017, 02:32 AM

Probably Encirclement unless you really like Stormtroopers. (I almost wish they'd switch with Panzergrens in T2 myself.)

Also, you could easily use Jaeger Armor or Fortified Armour and not both at the same time. Something like Lightning War or the Panic Puma commander might be good too, unless you load up on Elefant Bulletins.
15 Apr 2017, 04:20 AM

... unless you load up on Elefant Bulletins.

Well... I did equipped the "Elefant gain 10% faster veterancy" along with double StuGs bulletins so... yeah... I mean, Elefant is like the best heavy tank/tank destroyer the Wehrmacht can provided... Still, how good is Mechanized Assault now? ‎(In 2v2, by the way)

P/s: I put Encirclement in for anti-camping and for epic moments :P... Stormtrooper is just one part of those "epicness"
15 Apr 2017, 07:05 AM

Mech Assault is one of the best commanders the Ostheer has, if not the best, so it's viable in any situation if you ask me.

Btw where is your signature from?
15 Apr 2017, 12:37 PM

Mech Assault is one of the best commanders the Ostheer has, if not the best, so it's viable in any situation if you ask me.

Btw where is your signature from?

If the commander really do live up to its name like that, then maybe i'll give it a try then. Oh, and my signature? Just randomly got it on Google, that's all :P
15 Apr 2017, 13:39 PM

If the commander really do live up to its name like that, then maybe i'll give it a try then. Oh, and my signature? Just randomly got it on Google, that's all :P

It... sort of does.

It let's you skip tiers and have T0 assault infantry at your disposal instead of the underperforming (if you ask me) Grenadiers.

Gives you Panzergrenadiers in an unarmed 250 Half-Track for an AT force to deal with vehicles as a stop gap so you can sort of skip T2 as well.

The StuG is a great cheap little Assault Gun that's very good against infantry but watch out for AT weapons of any kind.

Tiger is always nice to have.

The only disappointing thing is the Light barrage that generally does absolutely squat but eh, you can't expect much from a commander with 4 call in units.

The Panzergrenadier 250 call in could use a tweak if you ask me tho, I mean for almost 500 manpower and 30 or whatever fuel you get... I mean they're pretty mobile, but the PGs require a 120 ammo upgrade for the double Shrecks, and the 250 has paper thin armor and can't reinforce.

The price should either be nerfed to like maybe 400, 450 or something of that sort manpower since the 250 all alone is pretty useless and the mobility it gives to the PGs isn't anything impressive, or the 250 should be buffed with being able to reinforce like in CoH and have an MG of some sort.

That's about it, I can't really comment on most other doctrines since Mech Assault is the one I use the most as Ostheer, after that comes Osttruppen or the Western Front one with the Puma in it that also has Osttruppen.

I'd go Luftwaffe but eh... too cheesy if you ask me, I mean not that it's bad or anything, but I prefer having something with call in units than just a lot of ammo based abilities.
15 Apr 2017, 14:18 PM

Well, I know that I don't play 2vs2 too much but in 3vs3,4vs4 they are good-great in cqb battles or areas.In liene forest, if you fight in the forest,they are great cause you can use smoke and throw some potato masher in their face.Actually if you put them in cover(I highly recommend ) somewhere at a maximum range of 10 they are pretty good,especially vs retreating infantry,team weapons and even vs Brits.You can just flank the brits,go behind them and see them perish.I don't recommend to use them in open maps.If you have a city map or forest,then they are great
15 Apr 2017, 15:16 PM

From 2v2 perspective Mechanized isn't the best commander but i guess it's worth to have in your load out. A.Soldier already meansioned his advantages so i won't repeat him.

His biggest disadvantages is that you lack of counters to certain cheese strats that are common on 2v2 mode. You have to remember that if you pick commander too early you may get really punished in late game. B4s, ML-20, priests, medium tank spam, ISUs that sorf of strats can be really deadly for you. Therefore you should also have: lighting war (Tiger with stuka AT strafe) and elefant commander (with stuka bomb) with you.

Of course if your teammate has counters to that strats you have more space with choosing the commander. When you play randoms it's better to be prepared that this job will be on your shoulders.

Generally speaking most meta commanders from 1v1 aren't so usefull in 2v2 mod.

But i think the best way will be if you to play few games and decide if it's worth using.
Vaz
15 Apr 2017, 16:12 PM

This thread should be in strategy section
15 Apr 2017, 16:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2017, 15:16 PMStark
From 2v2 perspective Mechanized isn't the best commander but i guess it's worth to have in your load out. A.Soldier already meansioned his advantages so i won't repeat him.

His biggest disadvantages is that you lack of counters to certain cheese strats that are common on 2v2 mode. You have to remember that if you pick commander too early you may get really punished in late game. B4s, ML-20, priests, medium tank spam, ISUs that sorf of strats can be really deadly for you. Therefore you should also have: lighting war (Tiger with stuka AT strafe) and elefant commander (with stuka bomb) with you.

Of course if your teammate has counters to that strats you have more space with choosing the commander. When you play randoms it's better to be prepared that this job will be on your shoulders.

Generally speaking most meta commanders from 1v1 aren't so usefull in 2v2 mod.

But i think the best way will be if you to play few games and decide if it's worth using.

To OP - Stark on of the best 2v2 players. Mech assault is probably the most used 1v1 by players in the GCS, but probably wouldn't be on most peoples 2v2 loadouts.

It'd be really nice if they had the 2v2 equivalent of the GCS and made posting the replays mandatory. I've been watching a lot of the 1v1's and realizing that my opening is different from what I see of theirs and that probably has a lot to do with why I'm about 300 levels worse.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 49
South Africa 1
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak