Sustained fire:

Increases burst length duration by x2
Increases reload time by x2
Forces a reload at the beginning of the ability
Cancels (with no refund) if the Maxim moves
10 second initial reload - 20 second duration
50 seconds cooldown
Costs 20 munitions

Personally I found the 10 second initial reload to make this ability really really hard to use for what it gives you (especially when you compare it to Incendiary Round on MG42 that is much more potent and offers no drawbacks other than an initial reload)

EDIT - Please refrain from just using this thread as a vehicle to just complain about the WBP and nerfs to Allied units - I'd like for it to be about constructive feedback on the GCS patch given its shorter timeframe to implementation.
13 Apr 2017, 00:11 AM

It makes me wonder how the new maxim would've functioned with Sprint. It might've actually been appropriate. Hard to tell.
13 Apr 2017, 00:34 AM

bro u already know allies is going to suffer extra draw backs for no reason. if u hadnt noticed most things feel more clunky for allies. slower cast time, longer reloads, late reactions. more cost. less effective. u just gotta take what u get and play harder and adjust even if u are UP. its koo
13 Apr 2017, 03:43 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Note we are adjusting the ability as well as the Maxim itself in terms of suppression so you can't nade it.

Currently, the numbers on the ability are being adjusted and nothing is in place but here's some stuff I've been playing to make the ability more useable:

Sustained Fire

-Reload Penalty from 2 to 1.25 during duration.
-Weapon cooldown to 0.5 during the duration.
-Weapon horizontal traverse increased by 1.25 during the ability.

Likely needs more adjustments to somehow put in on par with AP rounds, though that sets the bar very high considering 42 AP rounds increased damage by nearly double and gives you armour penetration. Maybe an accuracy increase to further the role of "Get the hell out of my arc"?
13 Apr 2017, 07:11 AM

Personally I found the 10 second initial reload to make this ability really really hard to use for what it gives you (especially when you compare it to Incendiary Round on MG42 that is much more potent and offers no drawbacks other than an initial reload)

looking at the balance they have brought with the winter balance patch, what did you expect??? an hability on par with those of the MG42??

it is ally stuff, must be worse than axis one, for the sake of balance....

you should say thanks, coz they dind´t removed directly the vet 1 ability for the maxim, instead of giving this one or coz they didn´t move the maxim to tier 4...
13 Apr 2017, 07:55 AM

Note we are adjusting the ability as well as the Maxim itself in terms of suppression so you can't nade it.

Currently, the numbers on the ability are being adjusted and nothing is in place but here's some stuff I've been playing to make the ability more useable:

Sustained Fire

Likely needs more adjustments to somehow put in on par with AP rounds, though that sets the bar very high considering 42 AP rounds increased damage by nearly double and gives you armour penetration. Maybe an accuracy increase to further the role of "Get the hell out of my arc"?

Please just make the ability responsive, can't we ask that much at least when playing a game?
13 Apr 2017, 14:55 PM

Sustained Fire

Those sound like promising improvements. The horizontal traverse is interesting because the patch notes made it sound as if the intended purpose of the ability was to focus down a singular unit? Have you considering maybe having the ability increase incremental accuracy or something along those lines so that it functions as a "stop a blob" ability as well? I don't think it has to be on par with AP rounds per se but it needs to be either more responsive or worth the risk of losing your maxim due to the long initial reload.
14 Apr 2017, 00:34 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Those sound like promising improvements. The horizontal traverse is interesting because the patch notes made it sound as if the intended purpose of the ability was to focus down a singular unit? Have you considering maybe having the ability increase incremental accuracy or something along those lines so that it functions as a "stop a blob" ability as well? I don't think it has to be on par with AP rounds per se but it needs to be either more responsive or worth the risk of losing your maxim due to the long initial reload.

Well, the ability is still being worked on. Currently there are tests that we just turn the reload to 0.5 resulting in a bonus, remove the horizontal traverse, and have the Maxim's accuracy ramp up the longer it shoots along with a cost decrease to 15.

Still lots of things going behind the scenes on with the ability to make it worthwhile.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★