Login

russian armor

ISU 152

24 Feb 2017, 18:13 PM

Tell me,

why does a 152mm Howitzer with either HE or AP ammo not penetrate a Tiger II?
And why is it possible to dual shot a regular shell and the ability shell at the same time? And why does the howitzer not deal consistent damage against non moving targets?

And get penetrated by raketens while the 88mm Pak 43 does not penetrate its front? :D

24 Feb 2017, 18:44 PM
Patrion 310

Tell me,

why does a 152mm Howitzer with either HE or AP ammo not penetrate a Tiger II?

Because balance. Back when it was anti everything, it was too strong. Though I do feel like it could do with some deflect damage, as its frustrating having bounces with such low reload and ammo swap.

And why is it possible to dual shot a regular shell and the ability shell at the same time?

I thought this was fixed, I've not been able to do it in ages so :s

And why does the howitzer not deal consistent damage against non moving targets?

HE with attach ground is your friend vs infantry and support weapons. Its very strong when used this way.

And get penetrated by raketens while the 88mm Pak 43 does not penetrate its front? :D

Raketan is an AT gun, if it never penetrated a tank* then something would be wrong. Also I dont think its possible for the PAK43 to not penetrate the front of an ISU (though I'm unsure how to calculate far pen).

*I know its an assault gun.
24 Feb 2017, 19:49 PM

Because balance. Back when it was anti everything, it was too strong. Though I do feel like it could do with some deflect damage, as its frustrating having bounces with such low reload and ammo swap.

HE have deflection damage.
24 Feb 2017, 21:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2017, 19:49 PMVipper

HE have deflection damage.

Nope. At least not on KT. I've had 2x ISU 152 against 2x KT and the ISU was completely chanceless in direct combat.

No matter if its using AP or HE shells, neither penetrate nor do damage. The only thing that deals damage is the concrete shot.
24 Feb 2017, 22:04 PM

I sure as hell am not as surprised or shocked when seeing an IS-2 as I am when facing an ISU-152 so Idk.

I just think it's in shitty doctrines, that's all.
24 Feb 2017, 22:37 PM

Nope. At least not on KT. I've had 2x ISU 152 against 2x KT and the ISU was completely chanceless in direct combat.

No matter if its using AP or HE shells, neither penetrate nor do damage. The only thing that deals damage is the concrete shot.

They do, it must be something like 40 damage, the concrete one also has deflection damage (more) although it has lots of penetration.
25 Feb 2017, 01:51 AM

A pen buff to AP shells and giving some arc to its Conc Shell would be more than fine, at least for 2v2s and shit.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★