Login

russian armor

brandenburg 800

• This thread is locked
7 Feb 2017, 02:15 AM

American soldiers shoot and killed my grandpas best friend when they approached on of their outpost with white flags, just out of spite. Calling the dropping of not one but two nukes on civilian a "military necessity" is a very cheap excuse and you should be deeply ashamed as a human being to use that argument (to me you are utterly despicable). If you do so go and reevaluate your life choices, you clearly need a lessen in human decency.
Germany did commit atrocious war crimes but you must have your head buried very deep where the sun dont shine if you think that justifies allied war crimes. On the human misery scale all factions were pretty close.
Relic gave these units ominous names so they avoid the controversy that comes with it and we should not go around and make vague connections to try to stir up unneeded discussions. If they wanted to portray the actual Brandenburg division they would have named them that.
7 Feb 2017, 06:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Feb 2017, 02:15 AMJoeH
American soldiers shoot and killed my grandpas best friend when they approached on of their outpost with white flags, just out of spite. Calling the dropping of not one but two nukes on civilian a "military necessity" is a very cheap excuse and you should be deeply ashamed as a human being to use that argument (to me you are utterly despicable). If you do so go and reevaluate your life choices, you clearly need a lessen in human decency.
Germany did commit atrocious war crimes but you must have your head buried very deep where the sun dont shine if you think that justifies allied war crimes. On the human misery scale all factions were pretty close.
Relic gave these units ominous names so they avoid the controversy that comes with it and we should not go around and make vague connections to try to stir up unneeded discussions. If they wanted to portray the actual Brandenburg division they would have named them that.

EF mod has brandenburg 800 in the early period (dressed in Soviet uniforms).
7 Feb 2017, 06:58 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Feb 2017, 02:15 AMJoeH

American aircraft dropped leaflets with Japanese messages saying to leave Hiroshima or Nagasaki respectivly as well as 33 other cities as a warning to the entire populus of those cities. The Japanese superiors forbid the Japanese populus from reading these notes with threats of treason and execution. Japan also did not surrender prior to the American nuclear bombings OR inbetween the 2. Was it horrendous? yes. But I'd rather 100,000 people die instantly than having 200,000 American soldiers die fighting for every inch of the Japanese mainland. Not even including possible Soviet casualties or other nations. The Japanese also commited perfidy which is the intentional deceit of soldiers to lure into traps. As a reason to why your grandfathers friend was possibly killed.
7 Feb 2017, 08:49 AM

American aircraft dropped leaflets with Japanese messages saying to leave Hiroshima or Nagasaki respectivly as well as 33 other cities as a warning to the entire populus of those cities. The Japanese superiors forbid the Japanese populus from reading these notes with threats of treason and execution. Japan also did not surrender prior to the American nuclear bombings OR inbetween the 2. Was it horrendous? yes. But I'd rather 100,000 people die instantly than having 200,000 American soldiers die fighting for every inch of the Japanese mainland. Not even including possible Soviet casualties or other nations. The Japanese also commited perfidy which is the intentional deceit of soldiers to lure into traps. As a reason to why your grandfathers friend was possibly killed.

They could have easily dropped the nuke on one of the island they were fighting over. Or you know drop it into the ocean. The after effects of nuclear contamination were hugely unknown at the time (You could get an x-ray in a mall without any form of protection till the 60s). So do not give me that bullshit excuse of "but they would have contaminated the oceans". Also the bombs killed 200,000 civilians and the expected casualties of an ongoing campaign were estimated to be 40,000. So there goes your justification. Truman knew this and still ordered it to be done. On the other hand why are you trying to justify this shit in the first place. This post was meant to show that no matter the side atrocities were committed. Would the holocaust been less horrible if they "only" killed 200,000 jews? Heck no. Rounding up people based on race/religion and killing them is wrong no matter how many you kill. Knowingly killing innocents and surrendering soldiers is wrong no matter how many you kill. That is why its dumb to demand any kind of unit not to appear in a game. If you dig hard enough you can find dirt on most militaries in the world and we would be left with a game that is bland as fuck. If it offends you play a fantasy or scifi rts.
7 Feb 2017, 09:55 AM

I never stated Harry Truman is holy or anyone in WW2. Also this writing doesn´t prove anything, its like if you said goat is god because it wrote letter claiming its god.

There were horrible crimes and tests both on human and animal beings but we all know nazies did crimes as well and proving that they are innocent or their acts are fine by giving examples of war crimes from other war nations isn´t right as well.

Or you wanted to prove something else by your last statement ? Because I don´t see anything. We shouldn´t forget what war makes and we should aviod it at all costs. Right now I think most humans forgot what happened or can happened and many of them think war is just a game, another reality, nothing what can happen to us.

There is not single reason why we should try to hide war crimes of other side or why we should somehow prove they are acceptable. I´m and I always was about teaching history as it was no matter how brutal it was because people need to know the truth. And even small things like making idealisations of war crime commiters is bad in my opinion.

I personally find that claiming that a unit should not be a game because in real life it committed war crimes silly.

On the other hand I find trying to hide the existence of swastika also silly.

Did German committed war crimes in WWII? Yes the did. Where does justifiable? NO they where not.

Did UK, USA and Soviet committed war crimes in WWII? Yes they did. Where does justifiable? NO they where not.

So lets imo we should stop focusing only in the war crimes committed by the Germans.

The Good vs Evil approach simply does not hold water. It was more like the Bad vs Worse.
7 Feb 2017, 15:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Feb 2017, 09:55 AMVipper

I personally find that claiming that a unit should not be a game because in real life it committed war crimes silly.

On the other hand I find trying to hide the existence of swastika also silly.

Did German committed war crimes in WWII? Yes the did. Where does justifiable? NO they where not.

Did UK, USA and Soviet committed war crimes in WWII? Yes they did. Where does justifiable? NO they where not.

So lets imo we should stop focusing only in the war crimes committed by the Germans.

The Good vs Evil approach simply does not hold water. It was more like the Bad vs Worse.

Unit can be there, but hidden behind something. Don´t tell me that playing with SS commander would give you good gameplay.

Nazies started war, they wanted to kill every race in the end except from germans and also every handicap or something that was different than their ideal race. All they wanted in the end was blond man/women germans without any handicap, later on, when everything ceased, they would kill everyone, even slavs, french and so on.

And tell me that allies wanted to do this as well
7 Feb 2017, 16:02 PM

Unit can be there, but hidden behind something. Don´t tell me that playing with SS commander would give you good gameplay.

Nazies started war, they wanted to kill every race in the end except from germans and also every handicap or something that was different than their ideal race. All they wanted in the end was blond man/women germans without any handicap, later on, when everything ceased, they would kill everyone, even slavs, french and so on.

And tell me that allies wanted to do this as well

It would make absolutely no difference from me if there was a SS commander or not.

Who started the war is not quite as simple as you put it and German where not not the only racist of their time.

The British empire was a democratic place as long as you white and Cristian (ask any Indian).

The French Empire was democratic as long you where not black or Arab.

The USA was democratic as long as you where not Black, Hispanic, American Indian, Philippine or of Japanese origin...
7 Feb 2017, 16:12 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

We;re going badly offtopic now.

Back to OP please, or this thread has likely run its course
7 Feb 2017, 16:42 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

This thread is LUL :clap:
7 Feb 2017, 17:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Feb 2017, 16:02 PMVipper

It would make absolutely no difference from me if there was a SS commander or not.

Who started the war is not quite as simple as you put it and German where not not the only racist of their time.

The British empire was a democratic place as long as you white and Cristian (ask any Indian).

The French Empire was democratic as long you where not black or Arab.

The USA was democratic as long as you where not Black, Hispanic, American Indian, Philippine or of Japanese origin...

Except USA, French nor British had no special OPS whose main role was to imprison and kill those people.

7 Feb 2017, 18:17 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Clearly asking people to stay on topic is not going to work.

I am locking this, until such time as the Mods oversee the thread and want to open it again.
7 Feb 2017, 18:17 PM

Except USA, French nor British had no special OPS whose main role was to imprison and kill those people.

No they called called colonial armies, NKV, KKK, Conquistador, Pioneer, Holy inquisition...Any idea of how much people where exterminated during the colonization of the Americas, Africa, Indies, Oceania?

One more the approach of the benevolent democracies fighting the noble cause against the Evil totalitarian states does not hold water.

Empires are not democracies neither democracies dived the world in globes of influence on piece of paper as "allies" did during WWII setting the stage of the cold war that lasted another 40 years.

Do you actually believe that the inhabitant of colonies greeted colonial Troops with flowers?
(my apologies for going off topic but I am simply responding)

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★