Login

russian armor

Question on how custom skin settings work in-game

20 Jan 2017, 20:47 PM

So I wanted to know how the in-game settings work for custom skins downloaded (subscribed) from Steam Workshop.

There are two options in the game menu: Custom Aesthetics and Historical Skins Only.

I guess only the second option concerns skins, so the question I have is: if this setting is enabled, will other players not see my Steam Workshop-downloaded skins under any circumstance? Or is there some kind of Workshop mechanism that filters historical and unhistorical skins and historical ones will show up?
20 Jan 2017, 21:08 PM

I have question too
How I can delete them off my comp and never download and show them in the future?
20 Jan 2017, 21:15 PM

I have question too
How I can delete them off my comp and never download and show them in the future?

In-game menu: Modding Hub > Manage
20 Jan 2017, 22:54 PM
Donator 11

The historical skin filter only affects the official skins. The custom skins will only be visible to other players if they download them and play in a custom game.
21 Jan 2017, 00:27 AM

The historical skin filter only affects the official skins. The custom skins will only be visible to other players if they download them and play in a custom game.

Thanks for the explanation.
21 Jan 2017, 05:51 AM

I have question too

In-game menu: Modding Hub > Manage

And, of course, disable the custom content option being discussed to prevent them coming back.

You can also delete the files from the coh2 mod folder within My Documents, but you should probably unsubscribe through the modding hub first.
21 Jan 2017, 07:16 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2017, 05:51 AMCyanara

And, of course, disable the custom content option being discussed to prevent them coming back.

You can also delete the files from the coh2 mod folder within My Documents, but you should probably unsubscribe through the modding hub first.

IIRC I had to manually delete them, unsubscribing wasn't enough.
21 Jan 2017, 07:45 AM

First, you have to unsubscribe, then the delete button will be available.

And how about automatch? I can't see my custom skins, faceplate nor i can see custom decals and victory strikes. I can see them in custom games though. Do i have to buy things from store for automatch?
21 Jan 2017, 10:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2017, 07:45 AMTaurus
First, you have to unsubscribe, then the delete button will be available.

And how about automatch? I can't see my custom skins, faceplate nor i can see custom decals and victory strikes. I can see them in custom games though. Do i have to buy things from store for automatch?

Correct. Custom content can only be used in custom games. Only store items are visible in Automatch. Nobody wants weird stuff in ranked games.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 35
South Africa 1
Germany 741

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak